Is DDC that noisy compared to D5?

Im planning on building a cpu+gpu+ram loop, and the way i want it makes it quiet a longer distance for the pump, basically:

Pump > lower rad > GPU with pass through acrylics, goes from gpu back down with the same angle and shape > then goes up to the upper rad > CPU > ram > reservoir.

This will probably require DDC pump to be able to push it all without any performance loss, but is it worth the noisy? better question, is it actually even noisy? and how much noisier compared to D5 pump?

Thanks !

I used ddc. They are not loud, but not silent. There is an audible hum.

Thanks for your replies guys!

i've also read the forum link.

I'd like some more opinions.

What if i put noise isolation pads around the ddc pump?

here is a sketch:

gX0HUBv.jpg

Do i need a DDC?

6 hours ago, ProRules said:

Do i need a DDC?

I think a D5 should also do the trick. Or get 2 in series. That would definitely be enough.

A DDC would work too yes.

Take note that DDC pumps tend to get fairly hot when running on high speeds. Then again, there are heat sinks for it available to help dissipate that heat.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

D5 will be more then enough have a similar setup with zero problems.

On 19.6.2017 at 7:32 PM, ProRules said:

What if i put noise isolation pads around the ddc pump?

With DDC so is a heat sink recommended, as it dont have active cooling like D5 has (D5 is cooled by the liquid). Most heat sinks also come with anti-vibration, which removes any noise from vibration.

As for general noise from the pump, so is that very minimal. Even with my fans at a 1000RPM, so cant I hear the DDC pump running at 100% and that is with having my ears right next to the pump. So my guess is that people cheaped out on anti-vibration and thats what they are hearing, not the pump it self.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

I have a DDC. It's barely audible, unless you crank it up to 100% in which you hear a faint humming noise. My EK DDC 3.2 Elite came with anti-vibration stands, and although I have a 60mm radiator and an overclocked 5820k, it doesn't get that hot. Imo people exaggerate alot when talking about the pump's heat and noise.