Does this look legit?

I'm not sure if this is a legitimate email or not. Someone is trying to buy a laptop from me and they want me to ship it to them and I'm really skeptical because I've never seen this type of email before for e-transfers.

legit.PNG.3e814dbd9b9005cb82d020e52d120983.PNG

Yeah, I am not thinking that is legit.  No indication of any affiliation with an company such as paypal or any other financial institute.

Also, it would have to have a description of what the item in question is.  Not just item.  Any invoice or exchange would request information on the object being bought.  Normal - transfer isn't set up as it is an exchange of goods.  Anything that is an exchange of goods wouldn't be so vague -  Also you should forward that email to spoof@paypal.com and delete it

Edited by Praxis727
Forgot a piece of information

Post.com is a non-existing website.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Where do you have the laptop listed?

3 hours ago, Kilobytez95 said:

I'm not sure if this is a legitimate email or not. Someone is trying to buy a laptop from me and they want me to ship it to them and I'm really skeptical because I've never seen this type of email before for e-transfers.

legit.PNG.3e814dbd9b9005cb82d020e52d120983.PNG

Contact Interact e-transfer yourself. DO NOT use any link or phone number on the e-mail, to confirm the information.

But based on the e-mail it is fraud, why?

• Crappy stock image
  • "INETRACT e-TRANSFER" logo does not match the actual company name
  • Post.com does not exists
  • No case number that links to you.
  • No information on how the money will be transferred to your bank account.
  • They say that you need to e-mail the shipping tracking number to some generic e-mail... how will they know what shipping number goes with what/whom? There is no way they have millions of transaction a day, know that your case, that has no case number, get an e-mail from you that has just a tracking number, goes with witch case.

What to do?

• DO NOTHING. Don't e-mail back the person, don't do anything. If he complains, just say that you take only PayPal (or whatever you are comfortable with), and waiting his money. DO NOT bend down to him/her. DO NOT accept more money than what agreed upon. A common scam is that they send you more money, and ask you to return the rest. Usually, the trick is that there is several day processing time, and the transaction is a fraud. You return his extra money, you ship the laptop, and then you hear that the traction was a fraud and now you lose money AND the laptop. But, as this a fraud to start with, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HIM/HER anymore.

In addition to what GoodBytes said, a legit service would not have said "Dear Valued Customer." They would actually know  your name. Also, there should be some way of looking up the transaction other than an email as well as less colored text.

I would just block the buyer and move on. Don't deal with him even if he is willing to pay with Paypal.