A240G Good choice?

So I've been looking into buying a loop for my PC to make it quieter and it always hasn't been in my price range. I just finished watching JayzTwoCent's video on in and It looks great for the price. What I am concerned about if a single 240mm rad would work for an i7 4790k and GTX 1070 in the summer. thanks

https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ek-kit-a240g

Will a Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming be compatible with a water block reference card design?

13 minutes ago, ripper101 said:

So I've been looking into buying a loop for my PC to make it quieter and it always hasn't been in my price range. I just finished watching JayzTwoCent's video on in and It looks great for the price. What I am concerned about if a single 240mm rad would work for an i7 4790k and GTX 1070 in the summer. thanks

Will a Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming be compatible with a water block reference card design?

No. The included waterblock for the GPU won't fit on yours.

You would need this waterblock and backplate (optional). https://www.ekwb.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=FC1080+GTX+G1

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

I guess let an EK affiliate confirm, but since EK produce specific blocks for the G1 gaming 1070, it is not reference design and therefore won't work with the 240G

3 minutes ago, Limecat86 said:

No. The included waterblock for the GPU won't fit on yours.

You would need this waterblock and backplate (optional). https://www.ekwb.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=FC1080+GTX+G1

But perhaps best not to risk the mixing of aluminium with the nickel-plated copper. You will be relying heavily on the nickel plating to hold up.

9 minutes ago, For Science! said:

But perhaps best not to risk the mixing of aluminium with the nickel-plated copper. You will be relying heavily on the nickel plating to hold up.

Oh, crap, I totally overlooked that the EK-Fluid kits are all aluminum blocks and rads (Explains the low pricing though). My bad... O.o

Well, it might work with a corrosion inhibitor but still, I wouldn't take any chances here.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

Honestly for my first water cooling setup that I'll be doing I've been thinking about getting this. Makes life simple and relatively straight forward.

4 hours ago, ripper101 said:

What I am concerned about if a single 240mm rad would work for an i7 4790k and GTX 1070 in the summer

well, Jay was in the low 40s for temps, he didn't state ambient temp but you'll probably be fine if not a little loud... I just started a thread asking about aluminum rads because I'm interested, especially if I can work a trade from my 1070 to a founders 1070, but I want it to be quieter than my current setup which is decently quiet for all air cooled

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

17 hours ago, ripper101 said:

The GPU block in the A240G is only for reference design cards so it won't fit on your card unfortunately.  And DON'T mix copper blocks with our Fluid Gaming kits. ;)

4 minutes ago, EK Luc said:

The GPU block in the A240G is only for reference design cards so it won't fit on your card unfortunately.  And DON'T mix copper blocks with our Fluid Gaming kits. ;)

Hope you don't mind me asking this here, but do you have any plans to make your aluminum parts available separately? I like the look of the A240G kit, but I'd really like the ability to add another radiator or potentially another GPU block.

1 hour ago, fenom said:

Hope you don't mind me asking this here, but do you have any plans to make your aluminum parts available separately? I like the look of the A240G kit, but I'd really like the ability to add another radiator or potentially another GPU block.

We will later this year.  We just don't have any firm ETA about them.

Just now, EK Luc said:

We will later this year.  We just don't have any firm ETA about them.

That's what I want to hear! I'll keep an eye out for it.

1 hour ago, EK Luc said:

are Nickle plated blocks ok? or should mixing those be avoided too?

Any chances for your existing block designs to be made in Aluminium.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

4 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

Why is Nickle played ones so expensive? Is nickle a pricy metal?

18 minutes ago, ripper101 said:

I think its more the copper, which is more expensive. The "nickel" blocks are actually copper in their core and have nickel plated on the outside. The nickel is more for looks because its silvery and it doesnt oxidize like copper over time (the performance is not affected). 

32 minutes ago, ripper101 said:

nickle plated is just a copper block with nickle coating they usually are only $5-$15 more.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

On 14/06/2017 at 1:22 PM, The Benjamins said:

Mixing Copper and Aluminum should/must be avoided.

For now we'll only cover the reference design 1080/1080Ti/TitanXP cards. And later we'll cover AMD Vega

So I have an NZXT Kraken x52 and it's seriously dead silent and keeps my temps really cool. I am a total psycho for noise levels so I just want to know how quiet this pump will be pushing through the CPU and GPU blocks. Any ideas?

Noise is such a personal thing...

The pump in those kits is a 6w SPC pump which is usually very silent.....but, like I said, noise level differs from one person to another....

I just recently purchased the a240g from EK and i love it surprisingly the single 240mm radiator works fine but i think you would have to buy a different GPU water block you will definitely want to consider some anti corrosive additive because you will be mixing metals ;)

On 6/15/2017 at 2:23 PM, Cceptus said:

So I have an NZXT Kraken x52 and it's seriously dead silent and keeps my temps really cool. I am a total psycho for noise levels so I just want to know how quiet this pump will be pushing through the CPU and GPU blocks. Any ideas?

The pump is completely silent, unless you put your ear up next to it. I wouldn't worry about it. I have it running at 100% in my case and it's inaudible.

On 16.6.2017 at 10:01 PM, EK Luc said:

Noise is such a personal thing...

The pump in those kits is a 6w SPC pump which is usually very silent.....but, like I said, noise level differs from one person to another....

Is it possible to replace the pump with something like a D5 or do those contain copper as well ? 

Also are there plans on your end to make gpublocks with a plexi cover in aluminium or will those stay exclusive to the more expensive copper blocks. cause in the long term I really want to go for the "see-through-design" but since I dont plan to overclock anyway your fluid gaming stuff would be really interesting if better looking blocks would become available. 

On 23/06/2017 at 6:33 AM, Maxpower78 said:

Is it possible to replace the pump with something like a D5 or do those contain copper as well ? 

Also are there plans on your end to make gpublocks with a plexi cover in aluminium or will those stay exclusive to the more expensive copper blocks. cause in the long term I really want to go for the "see-through-design" but since I dont plan to overclock anyway your fluid gaming stuff would be really interesting if better looking blocks would become available. 

Yes, you could use a D5, EDIT : Not a true statement....it was a mistake on my behalf back in June

I know we will have other separate parts available in a near future.  So we might introduce plexi top at the same time.  I'm just not 100% sure for the time being so don't take this for granted.

Edited by EK Luc
Misinformation from me

Bro can you confirm, 280 and 140 rads by Q3, Canada release date for kit, the chances this will be compatible with Volta based cards?

9 hours ago, lishde said:

Bro can you confirm, 280 and 140 rads by Q3, Canada release date for kit, the chances this will be compatible with Volta based cards?

They should just sell the stuff separately but it probably cost them less money selling it as a kit