Is my hard drive faulty?

CasualGamer...

My hgst 7200rpm 1tb drive in my laptop is bad according to crystaldiskinfo. It says "warning" for the drive, and that the current pending sector count raw value is at 000000000008. I have my OS and everything else on this drive, so should I back up everything to another drive due to this drives current health state?

if your diagnostic program is indicating a problem then I'd say better safe than sorry.  Better to back up now than when it starts clicking. ;) How old is the drive?  It may be under warranty.  

19 minutes ago, Alpha297 said:

if your diagnostic program is indicating a problem then I'd say better safe than sorry.  Better to back up now than when it starts clicking. ;) How old is the drive?  It may be under warranty.  

The drive is over a year old, if the drive is bought off of newegg it has a three year warranty, but my drive came in a laptop.

back up ASAP just to be safe and keep an eye on those pending and bad sectors, if the numbers incease, your drive is dying.

RMA the drive if it is still under warranty - maybe replace it with a SSD anyway if you can afford it.

moving parts in a portable device (=laptop) is not the optimal solution, no matter how carefull you handle it. 

i think i was handling and caring for my laptop properly, not throwing it around, not moving it rapidly while it was running and all that but the HDD went bad anyways.

and it went bad fast ...  like 100 new pending sectors every week. 

I replaced the HDD with a SSD and never had a problem since.

now i would never put a "spinner" in a laptop ever again

I'm not familiar with the software you mentioned, but if it has the ability to export a report in a paste-able format, or even screen shot detailed results, there might be some more detailed offers of assistance.  Assuming the drive lasts that long.  *click.. click...cliiiichunk*

I will back up the drive and contact hgst about the warranty, I dont want to have to buy a new hard drive. Thanks everyone for your input.