Id cooling's water coolers any good? SYSTEM BUILD

Go to solution Solved by Enderman,
7 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

DDC is not one of the worst pumps, it's still a laing pump and just because it's design is backwards doesn't mean it's a bad pump. It still works great and is perfect for stuff like the Predator because of it's small size. For that application, it is the best pump available. Full stop. The D5 is too big, and anything else like that alphacool pump is too weak to do anything worthwhile. And just because you don't like the predator form factor doesn't make it bad. It's not meant to be expanded on with radiators or different pumps, it's so you can attach a GPU to it. That's it. A DDC is perfectly adequate for even large loops, other than it having worse reliability i don't know why you could ever dislike it.

1) it's loud

2) it runs hot

3) it has bad reliability

4) even worse, when it's stuck to a radiator like in the Predator all the vibrations get directly transfered to the radiator and your case because there is 0 dampening. Again, makes a ton of vibration and noise.

Being loud and unreliable is the worst thing you could want in a watercooled PC.

PS- a lot of people but an expandable AIO as a way of getting into custom loop cooling, and since half the parts are crap then they end up spending more to replace everything when they could have just bought a custom loop from the start with all good components.

Hey fellow LTT

Has anyone heard anything good about the company Id Cooling because I am building a system, and they have a water cooler that has the CPU and GPU in a loop which I need because I am planing to building an ITX system where I can fit 240 radiator in and full length gpu in for gaming/living room PC. 

The one I have in mind of their coolers is their hunter model:

http://www.idcooling.com/Product/detail/id/56/name/HUNTER DUET

The PC I am planing to build is :

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/T9gtFd

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/T9gtFd

CPU: Intel - Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor  

CPU Cooler: 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z270i GAMING Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Founders Edition Video Card  

Case:
Power Supply: Corsair - SF 450W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply  
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  

If u know a good mini Itx-case with support for duel radiator and full length Gpu pls Comment :D

Thanks and sorry for bad English.

I would only trust NZXT or Corsair for an AIO.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

I would only trust NZXT or Corsair for an AIO.

Do u have reason for it ??

2 minutes ago, jah118 said:

Do u have reason for it ??

Because they are by far the most used and have the least issues/leaks out of any other brand.

I wouldn't trust some random cheap brand like the one you linked. I prefer having a PC that isn't dead from a leak a few years later :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Because they are by far the most used and have the least issues/leaks out of any other brand.

I wouldn't trust some random cheap brand like the one you linked. I prefer having a PC that isn't dead from a leak a few years later :)

I hope you know that Corsair and NZXT don't actually produce any AIOs.

It's just all licenced OEM stuff.

1 minute ago, Senzelian said:

I hope you know that Corsair and NZXT don't actually produce any AIOs.

It's just all licenced OEM stuff.

Yes, but they both use quality asetek stuff, and they are the most tested and reliable units.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Yes, but they both use quality asetek stuff, and they are the most tested and reliable units.

Just like almost any other brand...

And I bet EKWB AIOs are better in quality.

2 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Just like almost any other brand...

And I bet EKWB AIOs are better in quality.

No, you can tell that the one OP linked is 100% not asetek.

Also, most other brands use come cheaper non-Asetek OEMs from china or wherever.

EK doesn't make sealed AIOs, they make expandable AIOs.

They also cost 3x the price and at that point it is a better choice to simply build a custom loop.

Expandable AIOs are not very good, especially since you get stuck with a crappy pump mounted to a radiator.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Enderman said:

Also, most other brands use come cheaper non-Asetek OEMs from china or wherever.

They also cost 3x the price and at that point it is a better choice to simply build a custom loop.

Expandable AIOs are not very good, especially since you get stuck with a crappy pump mounted to a radiator.

First of all, it's 100% asetek. If the pump is in the CPU block, it's asetek.

Second of all, a DDC isn't a crappy pump.

1 minute ago, potoooooooo said:

First of all, it's 100% asetek. If the pump is in the CPU block, it's asetek.

Second of all, a DDC isn't a crappy pump.

1) Nope. For example this, is 100% not asetek manufactured.

Image result for cooler master pump inside

2) DDC is one of the worst pumps, not only is it loud but it also overheats and often burns out.

Buying one of those "expandable AIOs" locks you into that type of pump unless you change the pump and radiator.

At that point you may as well build a custom loop with a D5 which is miles better than the DDC.

Linus had multiple DDCs die since he got into PC building, but not a single D5.

Here is more proof of DDCs being crap:

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Enderman said:

1) Nope. For example this, is 100% not asetek manufactured.

Image result for cooler master pump inside

2) DDC is one of the worst pumps, not only is it loud but it also overheats and often burns out.

Buying one of those "expandable AIOs" locks you into that type of pump unless you change the pump and radiator.

At that point you may as well build a custom loop with a D5 which is miles better than the DDC.

Linus had multiple DDCs die since he got into PC building, but not a single D5.

Here is more proof of DDCs being crap:

DDC is not one of the worst pumps, it's still a laing pump and just because it's design is backwards doesn't mean it's a bad pump. It still works great and is perfect for stuff like the Predator because of it's small size. For that application, it is the best pump available. Full stop. The D5 is too big, and anything else like that alphacool pump is too weak to do anything worthwhile. And just because you don't like the predator form factor doesn't make it bad. It's not meant to be expanded on with radiators or different pumps, it's so you can attach a GPU to it. That's it. A DDC is perfectly adequate for even large loops, other than it having worse reliability i don't know why you could ever dislike it.

7 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

1) it's loud

2) it runs hot

3) it has bad reliability

4) even worse, when it's stuck to a radiator like in the Predator all the vibrations get directly transfered to the radiator and your case because there is 0 dampening. Again, makes a ton of vibration and noise.

Being loud and unreliable is the worst thing you could want in a watercooled PC.

PS- a lot of people but an expandable AIO as a way of getting into custom loop cooling, and since half the parts are crap then they end up spending more to replace everything when they could have just bought a custom loop from the start with all good components.

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Enderman said:

I never said that the one he linked is an asetek unit.

Most other brands? Even Corsair doesn't use Asetek on some of their coolers.
And brands like Thermaltake, Fractal, NZXT, HP, EVGA, MSI, Intel, Arctic, Cryorig ... and many more use their technology.

EK doesn't make sealed AIOs? Oh no!
The cheapest Corsair 240mm unit is roughly 100USD, maybe a bit more. The MSRP for the Predator was 199 USD. That's definitly triple the price.

AIOs are in general not very good.