No returns from mining?

I started mining yesterday and mined for a solid 12 hours, however this morning when I checked my wallet, it was still empty, 0.00000000 ETH. I'm extremely confused, as the mining program was running perfectly fine, my wallet address was 100% correct and I was operating at a steady 41 MHs, which was meant to get me a return of approximately $8 per 24 hours of mining (ignoring electricity). Am I doing something wrong or is METAMASK an unreliable wallet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

$8 a day is pretty low, tho depending on how much you spent to get to that point.

You know that there are better ways to waste money than mining right?

Try gambling, lottery tickets, or simply this:

Image result for burning bills

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

They pay you based on a block schedule. As in you are probably paid in some sort of set interval like 24-48 hours. 

You will see payment soon. 

Oh I Dug into the website of the pool I mine with and it says that I will receive payment once my unpaid balance reaches 1 ETH...

Desktop

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Just now, Enderman said:

You know that there are better ways to waste money than mining right?

Try gambling, lottery tickets, or simply this:

Image result for burning bills

Dont see how mining is a waste, can make about 5 AUD per day on my 1070 after power costs (I didnt even buy it specifically for mining, just doing it for ROI). 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

1 minute ago, rn8686 said:

Dont see how mining is a waste, can make about 5 AUD per day on my 1070 after power costs (I didnt even buy it specifically for mining, just doing it for ROI). 

Highly doubt you're making positive money after power cost.

Also, there's degradation on the hardware, loss of resale value, waste heat which makes your AC work harder, etc.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Highly doubt you're making positive money after power cost.

Also, there's degradation on the hardware, loss of resale value, waste heat which makes your AC work harder, etc.

I most certainly am, just said 5 AUD after power costs (About $1.2 for power per day). Dont have AC (Have PC in basement, cool enough down there) and GPU temp stays at 45-50c, plenty safe for 24/7. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

Peripherals 

Just now, rn8686 said:

I most certainly am, just said 5 AUD after power costs (About $1.2 for power per day). Dont have AC (Have PC in basement, cool enough down there) and GPU temp stays at 45-50c, plenty safe for 24/7. 

That's not how you measure the power. You take your mining profit, subtract your power bill, and then cry at how much money you lost.

Also, a GPU is not made to work at 100% 24/7 even if it is at safe temps.

It still degrades the card far more than regular use and will cause it to fail in a few years.

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

That's not how you measure the power. You take your mining profit, subtract your power bill, and then cry at how much money you lost.

It still degrades the card far more than regular use and will cause it to fail in a few years.

It is not at 100% load (Mining doesnt need to use whole GPU), nor would that cause it to fail. As I said, I am subtracting power use (6.6 AUD - 1.2, closer to $6 if anything). 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

Peripherals 

55 minutes ago, another random person said:

Oh I Dug into the website of the pool I mine with and it says that I will receive payment once my unpaid balance reaches 1 ETH...

1 ETH could take up to 1 month or more to mine.

I'd suggest going with another pool .. for example ethermine.org pays out at minimum 0.05 eth threshold which for a single RX 470 card running 24/7 it's every 4-5 days.

(i just used the ethereum wallet from the ethereum website and ethminer / genoils miner with the instructions from the main page of ethermine )

4 hours ago, mariushm said:

I'd suggest going with another pool .. for example ethermine.org pays out at minimum 0.05 eth threshold which for a single RX 470 card running 24/7 it's every 4-5 days.

WATTTT, when did they change that? That's awesome since the minimum used to be 0.1ETH.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

4 hours ago, mariushm said:

1 ETH could take up to 1 month or more to mine.

(i just used the ethereum wallet from the ethereum website and ethminer / genoils miner with the instructions from the main page of ethermine )

Lmao I am mining with the ethermine pool. But yeah I discovered the page that allows for me to edit my threshold.

20 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

WATTTT, when did they change that? That's awesome since the minimum used to be 0.1ETH.

Well they do have a surcharge of 0.001 ETH with each payout under the 1 ETH recommended payout threshold.

5 hours ago, CUDA_Cores said:

whether mining is the right or wrong thing to do, it really isn't up to you. OP seems pretty firm on mining, even if others think it is not economical. Even I think it's not a good idea!

I've enjoyed mining quite a lot and since I have solar panels to cover the cost during the day electricity doesn't hurt much. Many also stated that hardware costs are too an issue but it doesn't bother me because when my PC isn't mining iI'd typically use it for content creation and other things I built the system for. 

5 hours ago, rn8686 said:

It is not at 100% load (Mining doesnt need to use whole GPU), nor would that cause it to fail. As I said, I am subtracting power use (6.6 AUD - 1.2, closer to $6 if anything). 

Yes exactly so, because before mining I ran BOINC and that used all my system resources up to 100% for as long as I was using the PC for. So the switch doesn't really change much. 

5 hours ago, Enderman said:

I have solar panels so the electricity price doesn't hit that hard but I can still make a nice profit even if I didn't have solar. Much to my surprise, probably because I'm mining Ether. 

Desktop

LAPTOP

6 minutes ago, another random person said:

I have solar panels so the electricity price doesn't hit that hard but I can still make a nice profit even if I didn't have solar. Much to my surprise, probably because I'm mining Ether. 

The price of the solar panels does though.

You'll never make that much back from mining...

Spoiler

5 hours ago, rn8686 said:

I thought Australians getting ripped off with energy too? We Germans certainly do

Just now, Enderman said:

The price of the solar panels does though.

You'll never make that much back from mining...

But I have from the money saved during everyday appliance and electrical usage.

Desktop

LAPTOP

Just now, Teddy07 said:

I thought Australians getting ripped off with energy too? We Germans certainly do

We do, but I can still make a decent profit even so (24c/KWh). 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

Peripherals 

Just now, another random person said:

But I have from the money saved during everyday appliance and electrical usage.

Which is close to nothing compared to the cost of solar panels...

Spoiler

Just now, Teddy07 said:

Well I'm not sure...I pay 0.22 AUD per KW/h I use, which I'd consider fair.

Desktop

LAPTOP

Well I'm not sure...I pay 0.22 AUD per KW/h I use, which I'd consider fair.

0,24 euro per kw/h here in Germany.

Just now, Enderman said:

Which is close to nothing compared to the cost of solar panels...

Not quite, Australia had the Solar rebate so Solar panels would pay themselves off for the price paid in under a decade.

Desktop

LAPTOP

Just now, Teddy07 said:

0,24 euro per kw/h here in Germany.

Wow okay thats 0.36 AUD, A bit pricey.

Desktop

LAPTOP

Not quite, Australia had the Solar rebate so Solar panels would pay themselves off for the price paid in under a decade.

Oh wow, a decade, so soon, about the same time you will need to replace them again!

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, another random person said:

Wow okay thats 0.36 AUD, A bit pricey.

yes because all those hippies want green energy without thinking about the consequences.  There are a number of people who have problems with their electricity bill.