Nzxt offering BLD custom pc service

NumLock21
2 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

The $350 is part of the installation and labor

Sure, I am glad to give up on $100 from the $350 ;)

8 hours ago, ttam said:

You have to remember that most people on this forum are cheap bastards or kids with no jobs so $100 is the end of the world.

$350 for someone to do all that work for you, really isn't bad what so ever when you can pay much more by going to a boutique online builder as many do. Just because you don't like it.. doesn't mean the tens of thousands of people that want this are wrong.

I beg your pardon? I'm the type who can splurge $50 easily on a junk food run and find the $350 absurd. 

I don't get paid min wage, but I know there are members on LTT that do. $350 is an entire paycheck to them, $100 is food for a week or more depending on how they budget.

Would  like to see NZXT justify a $1500 PC for LoL and then ask for $350 on top of that. With Cam collecting data and the guy from GamersNexus making a video proving that building a PC can be done under 20mins in response to an article stating building PCs is hard/takes hours--I don't see how this $350 can be considered "labor" if the guess work is already taken out.

Business has to make money, but charging what is a GTX 1070 just about to have someone screw some screws in while reading off a parts list is gouging.

10 hours ago, Mooshi said:

When I think of someone who doesn't know how to build a pc, two distinct people come to mind. One is a very sheltered individual whose parents pay for everything so $350 is nothing there.

On the opposite spectrum, maybe someone uneducated with a min wage job, in that case $350 is an entire paycheck and that doesn't even pay for a part.

Not sold on the 2 year warranty being a justification because my PSU alone has a 10 year warranty and ram is typically lifetime.

There's also people who assume it's harder than it is, don't know about picking out parts, or don't think they have the time to sit and build a computer.  Keeping in mind that especially for a first time builder it will definitely take longer than 20 minutes or similarly short time.  

Though a a little research and asking on a site like LTT (if a person knows about it or manages to find it through Google) would help clear up those issues.

So yeah there can be people who don't care to learn anything about building that could save them money by bothering to do it themselves but there's other people who would be willing to try building a computer but aren't aware how fun or easy it can be.  

The focus should be on helping those who are receptive to new and good ideas and ignoring stubborn people unwilling to give it a try.  

1 hour ago, Mooshi said:

I beg your pardon? I'm the type who can splurge $50 easily on a junk food run and find the $350 absurd. 

I don't get paid min wage, but I know there are members on LTT that do. $350 is an entire paycheck to them, $100 is food for a week or more depending on how they budget.

Would  like to see NZXT justify a $1500 PC for LoL and then ask for $350 on top of that. With Cam collecting data and the guy from GamersNexus making a video proving that building a PC can be done under 20mins in response to an article stating building PCs is hard/takes hours--I don't see how this $350 can be considered "labor" if the guess work is already taken out.

Business has to make money, but charging what is a GTX 1070 just about to have someone screw some screws in while reading off a parts list is gouging.

The $1500 pc is not FOR league of legends, but a pc they recommend when you tell them you play LoL.

You can play a whole lot other games on it with ease. (i5 + 1060 can run most modern games beautifully)

I understand why they do it. 

They are building "Gaming PC" for customers. If what they've done is let's say build a $500 PC for those who selected LoL, someday in the future they would receive complaints that other games don't run smoothly on their "gaming pc". (which frankly aren't)

Yes $350 is a lot to many people. It comes to the choice between "spend time, save money" and "spend money, save time".

Building pc is easy and I think most people can do it if they spend a few hours watching tutorials. But it's all about preference. Some people just don't want to spend time on it. (Most of my friends I think they have sufficient intelligence to build a pc, but they just won't learn to do it) Also that money includes warranty. Problem shooting can be a pain in the ass even for techies. A few days ago my monitor receives no signal through display port. Is it a problem with the monitor? Or the cable? Or my gpu? What if that's the only computer I have how can I swap parts to trouble shoot it? Do I rma all of them? I managed to fix it myself but for non-techies it would be nice to give a call and someone fix it for them.

The guy you quoted used some harsh words and I don't agree with him. $350 is a lot for someone just to build the computer, but reasonable if that includes a good 2 years warranty. (Assume the service is up to par) And I don't think most people are cheap bastards.

21 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Ks7jkT
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Ks7jkT/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($188.44 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($49.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($69.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($67.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($97.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.44 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING X Video Card  ($269.89 @ B&H) 
Case: NZXT - S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA - 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($36.88 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($89.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $979.18
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-09 20:16 EDT-0400

NZXT said $1414

That's horrific xD

$1400 on a system that doesn't have at bare minimum a 1080 is awful

Let's simply put things in perspective: $350 is the difference between not having a discrete GPU at all and having a GTX 1070.

There's simply no way for people to get their money's worth...

I get it, some people don't know how to build and prefer to waste money than to waste time (should I say invest, since knowledge stays :P), but I sense a lot of complaints coming, especially from those same uninformed consumers, when they don't get the same performance as others who spend less...

I guess it's the same each time pre-built buyers discover what people building their systems get.