[Screw Asus and their customer care] ASUS RMA horror

4 minutes ago, LaboonTheWhale said:

Its been almost 2 years since I purchased it. No go with that option :/ 

Oh yeah in that case you can only hope for ASUS to send you new one.

But like you noticed, they are not that friendly to customers.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

25 minutes ago, LaboonTheWhale said:

Now the rep is basically recommending I pay it to get it over with. that is just stupid. Still avoiding the question of "please show me where the information is readily available" jGKyFn5.png

I know it isn't the point, but how much are they asking? If you don't mind me asking. 

Even then though, they do not have the right to make you pay for it, it's such a small thing - why are they making it a big issue? I'd keep pressing them.

same experience here, exept i never bought anything off them first hand. ASUS customer support is garbage.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Celios said:

I know it isn't the point, but how much are they asking? If you don't mind me asking. 

Even then though, they do not have the right to make you pay for it, it's such a small thing - why are they making it a big issue? I'd keep pressing them.

asking me to pay $15 to ship a little PCB like 2in x 2in in size that has two 4pin fan connectors on it that probably weighs about 1 gram. it is the item on the bottomasus-maximus-vii-impact.jpg

17 minutes ago, LaboonTheWhale said:

asking me to pay $15 to ship a little PCB like 2in x 2in in size that has two 4pin fan connectors on it that probably weighs about 1 gram. it is the item on the bottomasus-maximus-vii-impact.jpg

Pathetic, I'm really not sure why ASUS would make such a big issue out of this. $15 is nothing to them. 

As for the bent pins, that isn't really good enough either.

Is there any way you can contact a manager or anything? 

My Sabertooth Z170s motherboard had on front panel 3.0 USB die on me. I wish I got the MSI Titanium. I am switching to a different company next time I get a motherboard.

I5 6600K @ 4.6 Gigahertz
Cryorig H7
EVGA GTX 1070 FTW @ 2 Gigahertz
16 Gigabytes of Corsair Vengence
ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S
Crucial 525 Gigabyte SSD
Hitachi 1 Terabyte Harddrive
NZXT Hue+
NZXT H440
Corsair Rmx 650 Watt Power Supply

7 hours ago, Da OG Fish said:

My Sabertooth Z170s motherboard had on front panel 3.0 USB die on me. I wish I got the MSI Titanium. I am switching to a different company next time I get a motherboard.

I take it you were looking at another MSI motherboard before you decided to go with the Sabertooth as well?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

They want you to pay $15 for that broken fan hub? It wouldn't cost nearly that much if they'd just shove it in a padded envelope and ship that, so they probably only have large boxes, which cost more.

Personally, I wouldn't pay that and just tell Asus to trash it since it would cost as much to get a working one, new, elsewhere.

As for Asus... Honestly, after me and my friend only had issues with their soundcards, we're considering never buying from them again.

(Xonar STX for me, random 6khz scream that happened a lot and actually damaged my hearing. ROG Phoebus for my friend, his mic input simply doesn't work, we tried with 4 mics that were working just fine on other machines, yet it somehow only picked up the audio from the noise cancelling dongle as if it was a mic... and drivers are trash on Windows 10, for both cards. Terrible support from Asus considering these are $200+ sound cards.)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

16 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

They want you to pay $15 for that broken fan hub? It wouldn't cost nearly that much if they'd just shove it in a padded envelope and ship that, so they probably only have large boxes, which cost more.

Personally, I wouldn't pay that and just tell Asus to trash it since it would cost as much to get a working one, new, elsewhere.

As for Asus... Honestly, after me and my friend only had issues with their soundcards, we're considering never buying from them again.

(Xonar STX for me, random 6khz scream that happened a lot and actually damaged my hearing. ROG Phoebus for my friend, his mic input simply doesn't work, we tried with 4 mics that were working just fine on other machines, yet it somehow only picked up the audio from the noise cancelling dongle as if it was a mic... and drivers are trash on Windows 10, for both cards. Terrible support from Asus considering these are $200+ sound cards.)

They probably screwed up with the capacitors, one of my old soundcards (albeit, an ISA based one from the 90's) had a similar problem (though not that bad) because the capacitors had started to fail from old age. That was something with a legitimate reason to have developed a fault though, not a modern PCIe soundcard which should have fewer problems than cheaper ones (eg. Creative SoundBlaster 5.1VX).

PMSL

Damn....

My experience with Samsung (Mobile only) has been downright awful in the past, but i never tought Asus would fail this hard at providing an adequately correct service...

Groomlake Authority

43 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Damn....

My experience with Samsung (Mobile only) has been downright awful in the past, but i never tought Asus would fail this hard at providing an adequately correct service...

I asked on facebook, twitter, phone, and their e-mail service (just to get different people to try and answer my question) to tell me where their warranty policy is on accessories and how it is 30 days only. None of them answer my question. They just say I have to pay to get my item sent back to me and how they will have to direct me to another department. Blah blah bullshit 

Just now, LaboonTheWhale said:

-snip-

Ugh, i suppose taking a legal action against these downright lying corporations would be a waste of time and money, besides the impact would be minimal unless you had tremendous evidence that what they are doing is complete bs.

Its not like costumer support services in their respective countries are helpful either (speaking for my own for now tough), but i suppose thats a place where you could to look for some help, have something like this occurs before making a decision.

I sure did ask them for help and all they wanted to do was "negotiate" and i got stuck with what i would accurately depict as "a drooly retarded man" :(.

Groomlake Authority

5 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Ugh, i suppose taking a legal action against these downright lying corporations would be a waste of time and money, besides the impact would be minimal unless you had tremendous evidence that what they are doing is complete bs.

Its not like costumer support services in their respective countries are helpful either (speaking for my own for now tough), but i suppose thats a place where you could to look for some help, have something like this occurs before making a decision.

I sure did ask them for help and all they wanted to do was "negotiate" and i got stuck with what i would accurately depict as "a drooly retarded man" :(.

im posting here. reddit, twitter, facebook, and whatnot trying to get exposure and get somekind of attention from Asus but nothing much. might as well spread it word of mouth to warn others. i have had positive support from the community which is wonderful.

It still bewilders me why many people like to ride Asus's dick and buy their expensive motherboards when there are more cases like this that I have seen with Asus than with any other manufacturer (imo). 

Rig Specs:

Ryzen 7 1700 3.9ghz @1.33125v Cinebench Scores Best:1750cb Average: 1735cb

Asrock X370 SLI/AC  SOLD

Evga GTX 560 Ti 1gb    Just got a EVGA GTX 780 HydroCopper

G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8gb 2400mhz oc’d to 2666mhz (bought when ram was still cheap :()  

Corsair RM850

Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Changing to a Inwin 301 soon

Custom CPU Loop (watercooling is boring to me right now so I want to go back to air cooling and do like one more WC Loop in a Inwin 301)

Intel 256gb SSD

Kingston 240gb SSD

HyperX 90gb SSD

Not So Shitbox v3 Specs:

I7 2600k oc'd to 4.7 @ 1.4ish (will do more when I get a better cooler) 

MSI P67-GD55  Sold to fund my gpu

Gigabyte Windforce HD 6950

Team Elite Plus 8gb DDR3 (1 stick) @ 1600mhz

Thermaltake Toughpower 750 watt

Cooler Master T4

Enthoo Luxe 

Kingston 120gb SSD

WD Black 1tb HDD

Laptop:

Asus GL552VW-DH71

i7 6700HQ

2x8gb DDR4 

1tb hard drive

GTX 960m

15in IPS 1080p display

What country are you in? Because in my country, if the item does not perform it's intended purpose as originally described within a reasonable period (about 3 years for something like this), the manufacturer must repair or replace it, or if they can do neither, they must refund you the full amount.

If they advertised the Mobo as having all this fan control jazz, and it doesn't work through no fault of your own, they should replace it.

If you were in NZ, I'd suggest taking them to the small claims court and pressing them for it just on principle if nothing else.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

Shame, I really love my Z170 hero. Will definitely reconsider buying Asus products if they dont get their shit together. They definitely wouldnt get away with this here in AUS, our consumer law is really good. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

Yeah I have a problem with my Asus Rampage V Edition 10 board to where my fan run at 100% and I as able to control them through my fan controller. When I boot up, my computer locks up on my Bios screen, so I have to restart, then it doesnt show I have my CPU header installed so I have to restart again and then it finally loads into windows. Happens in that same order every time. You would think when you have a $550 mobo it would be great quality but its not, so I will continue to but MSI from now on.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

On 6/13/2017 at 4:27 PM, Dabombinable said:

I take it you were looking at another MSI motherboard before you decided to go with the Sabertooth as well?

Yes, but the Sabertooth was $30 cheaper. 

I5 6600K @ 4.6 Gigahertz
Cryorig H7
EVGA GTX 1070 FTW @ 2 Gigahertz
16 Gigabytes of Corsair Vengence
ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S
Crucial 525 Gigabyte SSD
Hitachi 1 Terabyte Harddrive
NZXT Hue+
NZXT H440
Corsair Rmx 650 Watt Power Supply

37 minutes ago, Da OG Fish said:

Yes, but the Sabertooth was $30 cheaper. 

It was $50 cheaper for me (aka, it didn't cost much more than the price of my H87M Pro)

PMSL

Bump

Update #2. Received a message from Corporate. Added into post. 

Wow, so their service dept was following some policy that no one could cite? What the f...

Y'know... I'm actually not that shocked. I bet it's a similar story to the company I work for. We recently underwent a re-org which thrust a new product and its support under the umbrella of my tech services team. Long story short; the way procedures and policy was followed/shared was through some form of tribal knowledge. Basically the folks running that product prior to my team didn't really have anything documented, much less a procedure to point to for consistent and timely resolution. And my company isn't a small operation; I'm talking about multi-trillion in assets.

12 minutes ago, spartanvi said:

Wow, so their service dept was following some policy that no one could cite? What the f...

Y'know... I'm actually not that shocked. I bet it's a similar story to the company I work for. We recently underwent a re-org which thrust a new product and its support under the umbrella of my tech services team. Long story short; the way procedures and policy was followed/shared was through some form of tribal knowledge. Basically the folks running that product prior to my team didn't really have anything documented, much less a procedure to point to for consistent and timely resolution. And my company isn't a small operation; I'm talking about multi-trillion in assets.

My Ryzen 7 1700 arrived today. Guess who isn't looking at Asus Motherboards anymore... 

Now I'm glad that the PRIME B350 I was going to get isn't in stock.

Damn, Asus sure has dropped the ball since I last had contact with them

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Just now, revsilverspine said:

Now I'm glad that the PRIME B350 I was going to get isn't in stock.

Damn, Asus sure has dropped the ball since I last had contact with them

Used the Crosshair V Forumla-z for two different builds, That never had a problem so I assumed "Oh I'm sure there wont be a problem." and well what a surprise this was. 

Bump #2. 

Asus just keeps fueling the fire and going in the wrong direction... come on.