[Screw Asus and their customer care] ASUS RMA horror

Sorry you're having quite a bit of trouble getting proper support from ASUS, OP. If it's any consolation, I will not be purchasing or recommending any ASUS products. Honestly, that kind of sucks too, because I was looking at ASUS' X299 boards up until now, but I'd rather not deal with support like that after being spoiled by EVGA.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Just now, Suika said:

Sorry you're having quite a bit of trouble getting proper support from ASUS, OP. If it's any consolation, I will not be purchasing or recommending any ASUS products. Honestly, that kind of sucks too, because I was looking at ASUS' X299 boards up until now.

Maybe I'm an outlier? Who knows. but It is kinda ridiculous on the amount of miscommunication going on internally between the departments.  Asus product service says one thing. Asus Corporate care says another. and just conflict back and forth. Its getting a little out of hand. 

Just now, LaboonTheWhale said:

Maybe I'm an outlier? Who knows. but It is kinda ridiculous on the amount of miscommunication going on internally between the departments.  Asus product service says one thing. Asus Corporate care says another. and just conflict back and forth. Its getting a little out of hand. 

At least for me personally, I never hear anything good about ASUS' support, but I've never had to deal with it so I didn't really pay much mind to it. This basically just solidifies all of the talk about ASUS support being terrible.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I bet the people who are getting the escalated ticket aren't getting the whole story. Happens all the time at my work where - after a certain point - it becomes a forgone conclusion in terms of what remedial action to take for a customer and no one asks WHY. But after a ticket has been passed around from representative, to team lead, to manager, then to another team, etc. folks lose focus on what the original inquiry was and need to stop and ask "what is this really for?" In this case, they've lost focus on the fact that you were fed false information regarding accessory warranties in the first place and therefore the remedy shouldn't be on your dime at all.

Just now, spartanvi said:

I bet the people who are getting the escalated ticket aren't getting the whole story. Happens all the time at my work where its become a forgone conclusion in terms of what remedial action to take for a customer. But after a ticket has been passed around from representative, to team lead, to manager, then to another team, etc. folks lose focus on what the original inquiry was and need to stop and ask "what is this really for?" In this case, they've lost focus on the fact that you were fed false information regarding accessory warranties in the first place and therefore the remedy shouldn't be on your dime at all.

Straight up told them I'd rather buy a brand new fan hub by Silverstone for $16 which has more ports than the Asus one. no response to that. 

Should tell them if it isn't returned immediately and if any further correspondence is required that doesn't solve the problem,you will invoicing them for time spent etc. at a cost of 30 per hour rounded to the nearest half hour. :)

Hopefully Last bump. 

Asus finally sending my fanhub back to me. So much shit for something so tiny. Good Job asus. never want to deal with you again. 

Bump Again, JUST KIDDING

CPU_FAN pins now runs any fan at near 100%. I have a custom loop, so not like I really need to use it, but not only does the fan hub run at 100%, CPU_FAN runs at near 100% and my 2000RPM fan runs at 1850 no matter how low the temps are or how I try to control it on the ASUS software. 

What the fuck 

2 hours ago, LaboonTheWhale said:

Bump Again, JUST KIDDING

CPU_FAN pins now runs any fan at near 100%. I have a custom loop, so not like I really need to use it, but not only does the fan hub run at 100%, CPU_FAN runs at near 100% and my 2000RPM fan runs at 1850 no matter how low the temps are or how I try to control it on the ASUS software. 

What the fuck 

Perhaps a splitter fan cable+making sure the fans are identical will do the job. I've done that for 2 of my semi magnetic bearing fans and their speed is controlled correctly (my Asus H87M Pro is 2 fan headers short)

Edit: I bought 2 of the cheapest of Ebay BTW, the quality is low but I've had no problems that aren't my fault or repairable.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

On 6/24/2017 at 8:55 PM, Dabombinable said:

Perhaps a splitter fan cable+making sure the fans are identical will do the job. I've done that for 2 of my semi magnetic bearing fans and their speed is controlled correctly (my Asus H87M Pro is 2 fan headers short)

Edit: I bought 2 of the cheapest of Ebay BTW, the quality is low but I've had no problems that aren't my fault or repairable.

Only one fan would be connected to the CPU_FAN pins so what would the splitter do? I have two regular nff12 on my front radiators and this ippc one on a single rear exhaust one

On 6/24/2017 at 6:05 PM, LaboonTheWhale said:

Bump Again, JUST KIDDING

What the fuck 

wow, that sucks. Personally I never had problems when dealing with Asus RMA, they were quick and communication was A1.

But I decided years ago not to buy Asus devices after buying a MeMo pad (years ago) and having to deal with 3 RMAs in a year for the exact same problem ... still has that Android tablet in a box somewhere because of course, it stopped working 3 months after the warranty was up for the exact same reason it was RMA'd 3 times! *sigh*

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Well damn, even more reason for me to never buy another Asus product again.

Hope you can get the situation resolved soon.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

1 hour ago, TheKDub said:

Well damn, even more reason for me to never buy another Asus product again.

Hope you can get the situation resolved soon.

Been over a month now since I started the RMA... I hope so too lol. 

5 hours ago, LaboonTheWhale said:

Only one fan would be connected to the CPU_FAN pins so what would the splitter do? I have two regular nff12 on my front radiators and this ippc one on a single rear exhaust one

The splitter just allows you to have or more fans on the 1 header, and if they are the same model they can be controlled through AI suite quite well.

PMSL

Just now, Dabombinable said:

The splitter just allows you to have or more fans on the 1 header, and if they are the same model they can be controlled through AI suite quite well.

I'm confused here. the CPU_FAN port itself is causing fans to run at near 100%. how would using a splitter there solve this issue? 

Just now, LaboonTheWhale said:

I'm confused here. the CPU_FAN port itself is causing fans to run at near 100%. how would using a splitter there solve this issue? 

You could use one of the other fan headers.

PMSL

Just now, Dabombinable said:

You could use one of the other fan headers.

That doesn't solve the problem of being sent a defective motherboard through an RMA though and Asus being shit at this RMA. 

12 minutes ago, LaboonTheWhale said:

That doesn't solve the problem of being sent a defective motherboard through an RMA though and Asus being shit at this RMA. 

Its a work around-I know how shit their RMA process is when I tried to get my Z97 Sabertooth MKII replaced due to:

• The onboard audio dying suddenly
  • The BIOS not recognising that a battery is installed and forgetting everythings as soon as the power is disconnected.

PMSL

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if I ever showed the $15 package that had to be sent to me... 

7JOk1Pj.jpg

This would have costed me $15 in the eyes of ASUS. 

24 minutes ago, LaboonTheWhale said:

I don't know if I ever showed the $15 package that had to be sent to me... 

7JOk1Pj.jpg

This would have costed me $15 in the eyes of ASUS. 

It cost Toshiba far less than that in AUD to ship a replacement SSD (my OCZ ARC 100 suddenly died, so I got the next model up+a metal 3.5" mounting bracket). They still haven't sent the pre-paid UPS label (which was mentioned in my last email from them) though so I can't return it, though when I have the money I'll probably pay for postage myself.

PMSL

20 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

It cost Toshiba far less than that in AUD to ship a replacement SSD (my OCZ ARC 100 suddenly died, so I got the next model up+a metal 3.5" mounting bracket). They still haven't sent the pre-paid UPS label (which was mentioned in my last email from them) though so I can't return it, though when I have the money I'll probably pay for postage myself.

Its ridiculous how much they wanted. it makes no sense. 

The support didn't even answer me. I like their products but not the support. Had better experience with support with Ubisoft ;D 

I bought my motherbord from asus before I knew about how bad their support was.  Just praying it dosent give me any problems now lol.

9 hours ago, LaboonTheWhale said:

Its ridiculous how much they wanted. it makes no sense. 

Actually it makes perfect sense if you don't think about it like a customer. 

They charge so much to discourage customers from buying it, it's quite literally "Bugger Off" pricing and the reason is so that they don't have to keep so many spare parts in a warehouse laying about space and costing money in storage fees. In their eyes keeping a healthy stock of spares on hand is a big money loss so pissing off a customer by making them jump through hoops for parts is the cheaper option. (for them)

6 hours ago, Seithon said:

Actually it makes perfect sense if you don't think about it like a customer. 

They charge so much to discourage customers from buying it, it's quite literally "Bugger Off" pricing and the reason is so that they don't have to keep so many spare parts in a warehouse laying about space and costing money in storage fees. In their eyes keeping a healthy stock of spares on hand is a big money loss so pissing off a customer by making them jump through hoops for parts is the cheaper option. (for them)

They sent me back the same broken part anyways so not like this part was taking up inventory space in their warehouse.