Christmas Crush help

hellyt6

So.. There's this girl I've been crushing on for several years now, sob story I know, anyways, I owe her a lot because despite me crushing on her, I give her a hell of a time because I'm a pretty shitty friend, and she puts up with me. That's the long and short of it and I wanna get her something really good this christmas. Her PC currently is some left over business system her boyfriend's mom had lying around that I reformatted and got going for her, and my initial plan was to upgrade it with a graphics card.. But I have a better idea. I'm going to build her a PC, and this is my current build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/26hF9

Tell me what you think.

Current Build: Intel i5-3570k @3.8GHz; MSI-Z77-G41; 8GB Corsair Ballistix @1600MHz; EVGA SSC GTX 650TI 2GB; Adata SX900 128GB; Western Digital Green 1TB; Asus CD burner; Corsair HX750 750 Watt power supply; Cooler Master HAF-912.

Whats the max budget?

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

doooode

you are going to get friend zoned SOOOOOO hard

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

What does she use it for?....

Gaming.

Whats the max budget?

I was thinking around $600, I'll be working minimum wage up until Christmas and it's going to be a hell of a feat if I pull this off, but, if I can.. I dunno, I'll feel all tingly inside and somehow or another it'll be worth it.

Current Build: Intel i5-3570k @3.8GHz; MSI-Z77-G41; 8GB Corsair Ballistix @1600MHz; EVGA SSC GTX 650TI 2GB; Adata SX900 128GB; Western Digital Green 1TB; Asus CD burner; Corsair HX750 750 Watt power supply; Cooler Master HAF-912.

doooode

you are going to get friend zoned SOOOOOO hard

Waaaaayyyy ahead of you there, my friend.

Waaaaayyyy ahead of you there, my friend.

doooonnntt do it!

Ask her out, if she says yes, THEN do it. or else it will be a waste of $1k!

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

You're 18 and can afford to build a girl that you have a crush on a PC? Sounds a bit made up.

If you want advice with a system, go over to the new builds and planning section and you'll get all of the help you need. Good luck!

Possibly cut a bit of the monitor and possibly put that money into the GPU

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Possibly cut a bit of the monitor and possibly put that money into the GPU

I was thinking about that.. She probably has a monitor at home, but I figured if I was on PCPartsPicker might as well play out all of the possibilities.

You're 18 and can afford to build a girl that you have a crush on a PC? Sounds a bit made up.

If you want advice with a system, go over to the new builds and planning section and you'll get all of the help you need. Good luck!

It's not really advice on building the system I need.. It's more.. The presentation and getting talked into or out of it before I flush a new truck, car, or apartment down the drain for a few more months lol.

So.. There's this girl I've been crushing on for several years now,

Thats a fail. Soo much time and you didnt asked her and from what you said she had/have a boyfriend. Youre loosing it dude.

Buying her a PC to get her attention? Ohh dude... Why not screw her and give her that 120$. IF and only IF she was your girlfriend you date at least a year! you could put some much cash into. This is just waste of money. I dunno how you do it in Kentucky, but here we ask girl out and if she says "no" we to move another one and not buy her a $$$PC only because you like her...

TL;DR

DONT BUY HER THE PC AND ASK HER THE FUCK OUT

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

I understand your point (been there, done that). But don't do it. She won't love you for you, she will love you for the things you buy her.

I was thinking about that.. She probably has a monitor at home, but I figured if I was on PCPartsPicker might as well play out all of the possibilities.

It's not really advice on building the system I need.. It's more.. The presentation and getting talked into or out of it before I flush a new truck, car, or apartment down the drain for a few more months lol.

If you don't even know if she has a monitor at home, that means you've never been in her home. I wouldn't even consider building a computer for some girl that you've been "crushing on" for years. Maybe if you literally start living together and get serious, but it sounds like you think buying her a computer is the way to win her heart and that's just incorrect.

Take care of things you need first. Car, apartment, whatever. Ask her out, sure... but I would say do NOT go and buy some girl that isn't even your girlfriend a PC.

Well, she's not really a dating option regardless of what I do at this point.. She's just a really good friend I want to do something for. She doesn't have the best luck with electronics, and I'm hesitant to buy her anything with how faulty her electricity really is, but, I feel like she deserves a PC she can play games on and actually enjoy using, considering most of what she's had has been absolute shit. So how about instead of a full system I just rebuild one of my old ones for her? I have an old Dell Dimension E300 sitting in my closet collecting dust, with a GT 640 and some RAM it would be a decent little gaming PC.. And as a Christmas present I don't think it would be too bad.

You know, asking her out on Christmas would be a far better gift than buying her a new PC.  ;)

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Well, she's not really a dating option regardless of what I do at this point.. She's just a really good friend I want to do something for. She doesn't have the best luck with electronics, and I'm hesitant to buy her anything with how faulty her electricity really is, but, I feel like she deserves a PC she can play games on and actually enjoy using, considering most of what she's had has been absolute shit. So how about instead of a full system I just rebuild one of my old ones for her? I have an old Dell Dimension E300 sitting in my closet collecting dust, with a GT 640 and some RAM it would be a decent little gaming PC.. And as a Christmas present I don't think it would be too bad.

Do this and ask her out.

dont do it ask her out to dinner if she is single and go from there if she says yes buy her a gpu if she says no get her a necklace or some earrings take it from me dont buy a crush something expensive until you know their feelings 

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

70 Tabs of Facebook. What else?

Don't forgot the dog/cat videos

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Ask her out first, otherwise she make take it the wrong way with you building a system for her.

Looking for a job

Do this and ask her out.

she's not a prostitute. I think it's a bad idea...especially if she has a boyfriend. move on original poster...stop wasting your money.

she's not a prostitute. I think it's a bad idea...especially if she has a boyfriend. move on original poster...stop wasting your money.

So.. There's this girl I've been crushing on for several years now, sob story I know, anyways, I owe her a lot because despite me crushing on her, I give her a hell of a time because I'm a pretty shitty friend, and she puts up with me. That's the long and short of it and I wanna get her something really good this christmas. Her PC currently is some left over business system her boyfriend's mom had lying around that I reformatted and got going for her, and my initial plan was to upgrade it with a graphics card.. But I have a better idea. I'm going to build her a PC, and this is my current build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/26hF9

Tell me what you think.

He's not going to waste any money since he already has the PC and will only be transplanting parts...

He's not going to waste any money since he already has the PC and will only be transplanting parts...

I think you to to re-read his post. Not only does she already have a boyfriend, he's going to build a pc for her with his own money.