Question | DisplayPorts on GTX 1070

gunitexpo
Go to solution Solved by johnt,
15 minutes ago, gunitexpo said:

Hello!

Sorry to bother you with such a minor question. But to my understanding, on the GTX 1070 FTW card there is one display port that is 1.4 gen.
And two other display ports that are 1.2 gen.
could you point out to me which is which, because I cannot find answers anywhere else.

Thanks in advance!

graphics card full name:
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING

I think you're over thinking it. Where did you hear it only supports a single port at 1.4 spec? It's more than possible that only one displayport will operate at 1.4 while the other two run at 1.2 simultaneously, however, all of the ports are capable of 1.4 at a time.

But you would be into a $2,000 monitor at this point to saturate a 1.4 gen.

Hello!

Sorry to bother you with such a minor question. But to my understanding, on the GTX 1070 FTW card there is one display port that is 1.4 gen.
could you point out to me which is which, because I cannot find answers anywhere else.

Thanks in advance!

graphics card full name:

15 minutes ago, gunitexpo said:

Hello!

Thanks in advance!

graphics card full name:

I think you're over thinking it. Where did you hear it only supports a single port at 1.4 spec? It's more than possible that only one displayport will operate at 1.4 while the other two run at 1.2 simultaneously, however, all of the ports are capable of 1.4 at a time.

But you would be into a $2,000 monitor at this point to saturate a 1.4 gen.