Slowly not gaming as much

GeTecknics

Im at the complete opposite end. I get home and cook dinner, ill cook two meals one night so that I just have to microwave it the next day.

Then ill game untill bed time. Repeat daily. Ive found that if I stay up on Saturday into Sunday morning and get a really good sleep I feel like ive had a 3 day weekend.

Damn im slowly getting into pc gaming. I used to be an original xbox gamer then i got a girlfriend then i gamed less. got maried started playing more while the baby sleeping. Baby got bigger started gaming less. now kids older and im slowly gaming more as i get more and more into more technical aspects of a pc. Just have to get over the rage quit when i keep dying ill be good..

This is strange, I usually hear people talking about finding ways to play less games. Oh, and also gamers who would play much much more if they had the time.

Hrm, so it just sounds like you are bored with your current games. Why not try new genres of games you haven't played before or usually overlook?

For example, indie gaming has breathed new life into my enjoyment of pc gaming. Titles like Kerbal Space Program or FTL never get old to me.

This is strange, I usually hear people talking about finding ways to play less games. Oh, and also gamers who would play much much more if they had the time.

Hrm, so it just sounds like you are bored with your current games. Why not try new genres of games you haven't played before or usually overlook?

For example, indie gaming has breathed new life into my enjoyment of pc gaming. Titles like Kerbal Space Program or FTL never get old to me.

hmm maybe i should try some i got ftl and kerbal from the summer sale and never played them will start though

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

so i noticed a few days ago that according to raptr my gaming time especially on weekends has gone down about 22% in the past 2 months i dont know if this is due to work and school but i've have also just gotten to the point to where i cant sit down and play most games for more than an hour i guess i just need another skyrim to draw me back into marathon sessions again and all nighters playing games and talking with friends again. i dont know why any thoughts on what i should do to get back into gaming again

thats life I used to game ALL THE TIME, but now I would rather go biking, rock climbing or when snow starts falling going sking, nothing wrong with that, I still play games  and spend an unhealthy amount of time in front of computers but  I  enjoy other things.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

To be fair I'm in the same spot... there just haven't been many games that I look forward to as much or once that would keep me busy for an extended amount of time.

Same. That's why I was so excited for BF4, because I knew that it would finally get me  playing those marathon sessions that I used to.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Its funny i broke my back in 3 places and had them fused "walking now". 

So when i was discharged they told me it will be like 6 months or so until i can drive again and and go back to work, i was like.. hmm ok well i guess i can treat this like time off from work and Catch up on gaming ect. 

but i too find myself just almost refusing to game now a days too. 

I was playing hawken prior to the crash and played it some on my msi laptop in hospital and then a few weeks after release but i stopped shortly after release as i got sick of it or burnt out on it. 

so then i started playing war thunder a flight game and i still do here and there but not alot even though i do enjoy it. 

I have like 15 good solid games installed on any of my 3 gaming units and ill be damned if i play any of them. 

I beat metro last light that come with my MSI GT70 2oc and then had no desire to replay it. 

same thing went for call of duty ghosts after i finished single player i was done with it. 

AA Proving grounds lasted about a week for me. 

blacklight retribution about 3 hrs was enough. 

its funny as heck really i have all this time on my hands and most of the time i either forum it up or watch TV/ Movies / Netflix. 

I spent about 2-3 days a week over at the parents house and bring my MSI GT70 2OC with me and still hardly ever play anything when im there either. 

I feel you guys on the getting old thing my interest is much harder to peek now a days when i was a kid or heck even early 20s i would be gaming 24/7 in this situation.

I expect BF4 to be coming with my R9 290 GPU  So perhaps i can get into that for a while hopefully. 

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block

I just got world at war after playing the hell out of far cry 3, sunk 60 hours into that game and went straight to world at war. After world at war zombies/campaign/multiplayer is boring me I have another 3 games lined up. I never stop gaming and having fun, i'm in the prime of my gaming life at 15 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I think I've played so many games it just takes more for them to hold my interest compared with when I was 16...been there done that sort of deal. I Still adore gaming, but those lengthy sessions into the early hours are pretty darn rare these days.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I wouldn't say you're getting too old for games, the average age for a gamer is well into his 30's (I'm assuming you aren't obviously).
I feel the same way to be honest, I think it's due to the extended life cycle of the last gen consoles preventing innovation to occur, so we have been getting rehashed games

and not much in terms of fresh ideas to the scene.

I hope the PS4 and Xbox One can reignite some of this as games are honestly quite stale currently.

Antec 1100 | Asus P8Z87-V | Silverstone Strider 850W 80+ Silver | Intel i5 3570k 4.3Ghz | Corsair h80 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sapphire HD 7850 1000 Mhz | 16 GB Patriot 1600MHz | Intel 330 180GB | OCZ Agility 3 60GB (Cache for HDD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Asus VE247H x2 | Ducky Shine 2 - Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3.5G | Logitech G430

It happens to me too. I just vany play any game for more than 2h or so. I bought a lot of games recently, like Batman and FEAR trilogy. I just can't start playing them. I can only jump into skyrim for an hour or so. I mostly play indie games for 30min and I'm done. Papers Please, Superhexagon, FTL, Issac....

3770k MaxVFormula 7970 16gb AX760 1 barracuda 250 840 NHD14 

It happens, you start taking on more things in life so you have less time to do what you did previously in your spare time. Though it kind of makes the time you do have more worthwhile.

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

Ah the depression of losing the feel of paying games. I hate the feeling cause all I do is play crysis for 20 minutes and I'm done. It's about phones for me now cause my family's bill on the phone is way more expensive than my electric bill (damn you 4g LTE). Damn you friends dragging me out of my closet

$$金Trill金$$

* sorry Double post :P

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

I can be playing the most amazing and fun filled video game ever, but will get bored after an hour or so. Yet I can play the most boring game in the world and play for hours on end if I'm playing with my friends. Friends make everything better. Gaming is boring when alone, come to think of it, life in general is boring without people. I've always been an introvert and typically avoid doing things in IRL with people(such a scary concept :P lol) But to have fun, I feel like I have to do something with someone. I just wish I had more friends who liked to do the same things as me outside of video games. :/

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

* sorry Double post :P

what do mean someone else has posted this same topic.... so what the search on the forum isnt great i didnt see another.

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

I go through phases like that myself, recently I have been slowly losing interest in games (mainly because I have been practicing like crazy in CS:GO). But when BF4 came out I kind of got back into CS. I wasn't very excited for BF4 and when I played it I played very well and then went back to CS and did much better so it has gotten more fun.

But even still I haven't found a good single player game that has really done anything for me.  Suggestions for me are welcome as long as there is no bethesda(I don't really like RPGs like that).

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I can be playing the most amazing and fun filled video game ever, but will get bored after an hour or so. Yet I can play the most boring game in the world and play for hours on end if I'm playing with my friends. Friends make everything better. Gaming is boring when alone, come to think of it, life in general is boring without people. I've always been an introvert and typically avoid doing things in IRL with people(such a scary concept :P lol) But to have fun, I feel like I have to do something with someone. I just wish I had more friends who liked to do the same things as me outside of video games. :/

Feel the same, the only people in my school who like games are either the ones freaking out about the Xbox one and PS4 release or the ones who rage in COD. No PC players :(

...Or smart people either for that matter.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Wait till you're over 30...

Suddenly you'll realize you piddled around on the Internet all night and haven't played a game in 3 days.  Then your GF will complain that you're always playing games and you'll be flabbergasted because your LoL match history shows the last game played as last week and you'll be like "WHAT!??!".  :huh:

Aaah would you look at that Skate 2 seems to bor me too...lol

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

mahh i know the feeling. last thing I beasted through was mafia II in one day about a year ago. It's been dropping ever since. I really need another solid story-based game to get me back in. Or Just cause 2 multiplayer which kept me awake for the entirety of their open betas... :P

I have the same problem.
All the really good games are coming out 2014-2015.
(And BF4 still needs fixing :( )

I can't wait for Watchdogs,The Division,The Witcher 3,Project Cars,Mirror's Edge 2,Star Wars Battlefront 3,Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare,Titanfall and GTA 5 if it ever comes out on PC.

RTX2070OC 

sometimes i miss my classes just for gaming. We bunk classes ( social and work experience and art)

Sorry dude, but if gaming is getting in the way or more important things in life, then it's a problem.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ