Ryzen Can't Use a GTX ?

KillerGirl

Soooooo I've just been pointed out that i need to make sure that all my components are compatible, witch am pretty sure pc part picker does not give a very good full review of, and so now am wondering for one if my mother bored might not be ryzen ready, and most importantly the gtx 1080 that i found, he also said something about the power supply , but i don't understand that so yeah anybody out there able to help me ? heres the list

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LV483F

The PSU is excellent

Ryzen will work with a GTX 1080

Don't get a 120mm AIO cooler

everything should work fine, i don't see any incompatibilities. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

5 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

The PSU is excellent

I agree apart from the AIO comment. It is a 140mm and is actually good (although you can get a 240mm, 280mm or even 360mm AIO for roughly the same price. PCpartpicker is good at picking up compatibility issues with components and everything is fine apart from the AIO, which might need a seperate mounting bracket but should be fine. I would also reccomend this drive over the WD black because it has the same capacity for roughly half the price and is very reliable.

forgot to add link:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CbL7YJ/seagate-barracuda-2tb-35-7200rpm-internal-hard-drive-st2000dm006

Edited by aprofile

9 minutes ago, KillerGirl said:

Soooooo I've just been pointed out that i need to make sure that all my components are compatible, witch am pretty sure pc part picker does not give a very good full review of, and so now am wondering for one if my mother bored might not be ryzen ready, and most importantly the gtx 1080 that i found, he also said something about the power supply , but i don't understand that so yeah anybody out there able to help me ? heres the list

Just out of interest, why the UPS?

my suggestion for your rig:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($218.58 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool - ASSASSIN II 70.1 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($138.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Team - T-Force / Night Hawk 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($104.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: SK hynix - SL308 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($87.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Toshiba - P300 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($65.53 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming OC 11G  Video Card  ($683.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterCase 5 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($87.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: BitFenix - Whisper M 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($102.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Optical Drive: Lite-On - iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer  ($15.89 @ OutletPC) 
UPS: CyberPower - CP1500AVRLCD UPS  ($129.95 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1706.76
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-31 05:41 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

there is a myth that you need to use Intel with nVidia GPU

and AMD Ryzen with only AMD GPUs

but that is a big fat lie and downright BS

I have built many PCs with Ryzen 7 and GTX 1070/1080s

with ZERO issues, other than BIOS and RAM

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

9 hours ago, aprofile said:

Just out of interest, why the UPS?

my computer currently turns off abit (might be its self) and cuz if some one plugs to many things into the kitchen and turns the microwave on, half the kitchen is linked to half of this room so my pc and printer turns off

10 hours ago, aprofile said:

I agree apart from the AIO comment. It is a 140mm and is actually good (although you can get a 240mm, 280mm or even 360mm AIO for roughly the same price. PCpartpicker is good at picking up compatibility issues with components and everything is fine apart from the AIO, which might need a seperate mounting bracket but should be fine. I would also reccomend this drive over the WD black because it has the same capacity for roughly half the price and is very reliable.

forgot to add link:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CbL7YJ/seagate-barracuda-2tb-35-7200rpm-internal-hard-drive-st2000dm006

what would you recommend for the cpu cooler?

44 minutes ago, KillerGirl said:

The stock cooler that comes with the R5 1600 is actually pretty good. It is fine for overclocking even, if you'd like to do that.

I would save the money and not get a separate CPU cooler.

Other then that, everything looks good. Pcpartpicker actually does do a decent job of flagging incompatibilities. Just make sure:

- Motherboard supports your CPU (same socket AM4)

- Motherboard supports your RAM (DDR4)

- Your case can fit your motherboard

- Your PSU is strong enough to power everything.

Other than that, you really cant go wrong. All graphics cards work with all modern PC's.

All modern CPU coolers fit most common CPU sockets, etc.

Storage is all interchangeable, as long as its SATA.; Things are getting more complicated with M.2 nowadays.

33 minutes ago, maartendc said:

The stock cooler that comes with the R5 1600 is actually pretty good. It is fine for overclocking even, if you'd like to do that.

I would save the money and not get a separate CPU cooler.

Other then that, everything looks good. Pcpartpicker actually does do a decent job of flagging incompatibilities. Just make sure:

- Motherboard supports your CPU (same socket AM4)

- Motherboard supports your RAM (DDR4)

- Your case can fit your motherboard

- Your PSU is strong enough to power everything.

Other than that, you really cant go wrong. All graphics cards work with all modern PC's.

All modern CPU coolers fit most common CPU sockets, etc.

Storage is all interchangeable, as long as its SATA.; Things are getting more complicated with M.2 nowadays.

my 5 1600 choice does not come with a cooler lol

11 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

The PSU is excellent

what should i get than??

19 hours ago, KillerGirl said:

my 5 1600 choice does not come with a cooler lol

All Ryzen 5 1600 CPU's will come with the Wraith Spire cooler, which is pretty darn good.

Everything else looks fine, looks like a good system!

EDIT: you are right the 1600X does not come with a stock cooler. Get the 1600 instead, which does. OC'd they perform the same.

Why not go with the 1600 and move up to the Kraken X52 if you want to go the AIO route? 

5 hours ago, Colonel D said:

Why not go with the 1600 and move up to the Kraken X52 if you want to go the AIO route? 

the price diffence with the 1600 and x isnt that big that i dont see it worth it to down grade

It`d not a big difference but from all reports the 1600 clocks just as well as the 1600x and with the money saved you can upgrade to the larger cooler and not have to worry about the temps 

On 31.05.2017 at 11:30 AM, KillerGirl said:

I promise I won't make it easy for you, but for your own good. Consider below unless you're buying something "just to get it".

1. CPU - don't get 1600X if you plan mostly to play games. 0 performance gain over 1600 (without X).

2. Mobo and AIO Cooler - I'll leave this as a personal choice.

3. RAM - wait until new bios with new agesa before buying this and check if your mobo support over 2993mhz, not all x370 mobos do that.

4. PSU - the EVGA G2 SuperNova is a superb PSU in efficiency and quality, anything over this is overkill for your PC and your wallet.

5. Your storage options are something I do not understand. Do you need high-end storage? Ask yourself if you really need high-end storage for some professional work. If not then I suggest a middle-tier SSD with good NAND and a low-tier HDD. If you want reliability from storage then buy small NAS and fill it with WD Red HDDs.

6. UPS - good only if you do crucial work on computer that cannot go interrupted. Remember, that if this work requires internet connection then you should not bother with UPS as your router and/or modem will stop working without electricity and your connection will probably fail anyway.

7. Dont buy 1080 untill AMD does it move with launching Vega. AMD might introduce either some good deal to the market OR make Nvidia cut down prices of 1080.

On 2017-5-31 at 8:55 PM, KillerGirl said:

360mm Rad:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/NMtWGX/fractal-design-celsius-s36-876-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-fd-wcu-celsius-s36-bk

240mm rad:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CrDzK8/corsair-cpu-cooler-cw9060025ww

Please note. These are my personal recommendations and just examples of similarly-priced, better-performing (theoretically) all in one liquid coolers. You could probably save a bit and go for an air cooler because ryzen doesn't exactly run hot from what I have heard but getting the x42 is a little silly for the money (unless you really want the visuals).

On 5/31/2017 at 5:41 AM, herman mcpootis said:

my suggestion for your rig:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($219.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool - ASSASSIN II 70.1 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team - T-Force / Night Hawk 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($104.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: SK hynix - SL308 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($87.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Toshiba - P300 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($65.53 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming OC 11G  Video Card  ($699.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterCase 5 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($87.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: BitFenix - Whisper M 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Optical Drive: Lite-On - iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer  ($19.79 @ Amazon) 
UPS: CyberPower - CP1500AVRLCD UPS  ($129.95 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1706.76
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-31 05:41 EDT-0400

This is a pretty solid build. +1 I also have that same UPS and it is excellent. If you're going to spend a lot on a PC you need to have a nice UPS to protect it.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans