Computex 2017 - HELL YEAH!

LinusTech

I'm so hyped right now.  I can't even.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

28 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Wow you really know how to make video fast! Just Kidding

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

That's a nice looking motherboard it could be interesting to see how threadripper will preform. I like the new M.2 SSD thingy on the AMD boarda as well. 

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

Uh the top comment is a scamming google search with the whole bot that copied LTT's logo and has a similar name. looks like it is gone but it was on youtube

well unless it's a video of indepentent testing of Vega or a really cool ATX CASE that would serve well as a living room VR/HTPC case I really don't care, and frankly Vega no longer matters, they took to long and I found a deal to good to pass up so I don't need a GPU for MANY MANY years to come, if ever.

32 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

well unless it's a video of indepentent testing of Vega or a really cool ATX CASE that would serve well as a living room VR/HTPC case I really don't care, and frankly Vega no longer matters, they took to long and I found a deal to good to pass up so I don't need a GPU for MANY MANY years to come, if ever.

Vega could still be interesting to see cause it may surprise us all and be awesome

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

God dammit linus that click bait in the on the youtube video it only shows "SECRET ROOM UNBOXING - AMD 16 CORE "THREADRIPPER"" so you think its showing off the cpu not just a motherboard without cpu pls stop this clickbait you're going to wear out your fans patience soon

Thats way too much money for a motherboard if that estimate holds true. Back in the day, $599 got you a dual socket overclocking board. Now you just get some flashy shit. I mean look at the pathetic VRM. That better be some kind of joke.

IMG_1137.thumb.PNG.019b6328ef85e9e7bc3a35319c30701b.PNG

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

4 hours ago, King_of_Oz said:

IMG_1137.thumb.PNG.019b6328ef85e9e7bc3a35319c30701b.PNG

100%?

Please quote me so that I know that you have replied unless it is my own topic.

Me thinks Corsair should stick to memory because their case designers/fabricators are a bunch of amateurs. That thing is bigger than a CaseLabs Magnum yet still cannot hold as much gear as a S8+pedestal combo, with 8 hard drives included. Sorry  but I just cannot put any faith in a company that promises a Yellow 780T, sends out press samples, begins pre-orders with vendors and then drops the ball because they cannot get the paint right.

MSI's Vortex G25 is small, light, and thin! It's basically like yo momma.. if she was small, light, and thin lawl.. Can we make those kinds of jokes here? Is anyone reading this?MSI's Vortex G25 is small, light, and thin! It's basically like yo momma.. if she was small, light, and thin lawl.. Can we make those kinds of jokes here? Is anyone reading this?

I sure read them, well written description on topic I´m interested in and descriptive title here in LTT Official section (the YT ones have little informational value) are the two main things that make me watch an LMG video.

the vortex is a msi trident 3 except smaller really

Re: this video

Hey Linus, Calyos' NSG S0 finished its Kickstarter recently. Early bird backers (who backed at the €479 and €579 amounts) should be receiving their S0's in August.

If you haven't managed to convince them to send you a review sample when the final product ships, I can ask that they send mine to you first for review. I'm not sure if Intel will actually have the 6c/12t Coffee Lake shipped by then, so I'd be waiting to use it anyway. Just send me a message and I'll send the request to Calyos.

Edit: For what it's worth, it's your fault for introducing me to this damned thing in the first place. That first prototype you reviewed had me so excited I absolutely had to jump at the Kickstarter.

why was the 1080 notebook video taken down?

That tiny asrock thing is amazing 

1 hour ago, MineParker101 said:

Hey Linus, your "The BEST GTX 1080 Notebook at the Show!" video has been taken down (https://youtu.be/6K784aGXuL4) Why?!

I'm equally curious. I was kinda lookin forward to it. :/

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

6 hours ago, MineParker101 said:

Hey Linus, your "The BEST GTX 1080 Notebook at the Show!" video has been taken down (https://youtu.be/6K784aGXuL4) Why?!

I hope he does a reupload, it had 3D problems which I don't notice so I don't understand why Linus can't just record his video and reupload that one. But before it said biggest GTX 1080 laptop at the Show! If I remember correctly. IDK what people are saying about the 3D and the redness of the video it seems fine to me on my laptop and phone on normal.

Video is unlisted if you want to watch it by the way.

Dangit linus it isn't as thin as a coin it's as thin as a coin is wide. though thumbnail makes it seem the laptop is actually 1.5 the coins width since its not held directly against the laptop so not sure if it is actually as thin as a coin is wide though it's definitely not as thin as a coin the thickness of a coin is 1.58 mm (canadian quarter)

There is some pretty innovative shit being revealed, hopefully some of it ends up being released as a viable product.

On 5/30/2017 at 8:26 AM, LinusTech said:

Thoughts on the latest video? Some very interesting and valid points. 

I have recently built a X99 system (Jan 2017) without the knowledge that Skylake X would be coming in 6 months. Based on Linus' thoughts here and the apparently rushed nature of the announcement of the new Chipset and CPUs, I don't really feel bitter about biting the bullet and sticking to the older X99 platform. 

Should I feel bitter that I didn't wait longer and transition to the X299 platform or should I feel satisfied with the X99 platform that I upgraded to from a 10 year old, LGA 775 platform?

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Code XI | Graphics Card: RTX 3090 FE | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 MHz | 

Storage: LOADS of drives: SSD + HDD | PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850 W | 

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout (window) | Cooling: CRYORIG H5 Universal 

PCPartPicker List

4 minutes ago, rogerwilco91 said:

Thoughts on the latest video? Some very interesting and valid points. 

I have recently built a X99 system (Jan 2017) without the knowledge that Skylake X would be coming in 6 months. Based on Linus' thoughts here and the apparently rushed nature of the announcement of the new Chipset and CPUs, I don't really feel bitter about biting the bullet and sticking to the older X99 platform. 

Should I feel bitter that I didn't wait longer and transition to the X299 platform or should I feel satisfied with the X99 platform that I upgraded to from a 10 year old, LGA 775 platform?

I honestly think that Intel felt a "bit" threatened by AMD, with their recent success with their Ryzen lineup, I don't wanna be negative, but Intel might just destroy itself, like a lot of other companies in the past. They seem not to have understood the message with technology. Don't rush it, Apple is the gold standard in that sphere. Linus actually explained it perfectly.

But then again, that's just my opinion.

Oh and I think that you made a great choice, choosing a good and stable platform, rather than waiting for this new one.

12 minutes ago, ZenAcTIViTy said:

I honestly think that Intel felt a "bit" threatened by AMD, with their recent success with their Ryzen lineup, I don't wanna be negative, but Intel might just destroy itself, like a lot of other companies in the past. They seem not to have understood the message with technology. Don't rush it, Apple is the gold standard in that sphere. Linus actually explained it perfectly.

But then again, that's just my opinion.

Oh and I think that you made a great choice, choosing a good and stable platform, rather than waiting for this new one.

Regarding your point with Apple, I will have to respectfully disagree, at least with the current Apple that is helmed by Tim Cook. Apple rushed to embrace USB-C in their latest revision to their famed and popular MacBook Pro line, and look at what the enthusiast press or the general press thinks of the product now. More people are now rushing to buy refurbs of the 2015 revision of the Macbook Pro than the 2016 revision all because it has the ports that the pros need. 

All I am saying is, yes, Apple used to be the gold standard in the desktop/laptop sphere, but just like Intel, Apple is becoming obsessed with dongles and the extra $$$ that comes from selling people accessory that is basically deemed required to have a satisfactory experience with the product that you bought. 

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Code XI | Graphics Card: RTX 3090 FE | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 MHz | 

Storage: LOADS of drives: SSD + HDD | PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850 W | 

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout (window) | Cooling: CRYORIG H5 Universal 

PCPartPicker List