Computex 2017 - HELL YEAH!

LinusTech

I expected this to happen. When Intel released i7 6800 to i7 6950x with those prices, AMD tried its best to humiliate them with Ryzen. I thought that after Ryzen release, Intel would give the best they had, but unfortunately they are doing even worse. Intel is waiting for the new AMD's Threadripper results so Kaby Lake X just slightly surpasses AMD.

Shame on Intel for this move.

Linus did a perfect job with this video. Intel really should take advice of building the best they can for the price.

BOO, WAW, Intel announced higher core count chips with higher clockspeeds at lower prices then the last generation by a SIGNIFICANT amount in the case of the higher end models (like 500 bucks cheaper then last generation for the same core count in one example), like you've been saying they NEEDED to do to respond to Ryzen, then you make a 10 minute video to complain about them doing that, yeah if I was still subscribed I would have unsubscribed over this bitch session of a video.

Run whatever chip works for what you need it to do and stop bitching about other chips, I personally do this thing where I buy the out going generation when they mark it down to get rid of it so I can save money over the cost of the current stuff. You don't have to have the latest and greatest, honestly this video sounds like Linus is mad he's got all this outdated shit from Intel in his office that he had to sell his soul to get only for them to replace it a month later (remember him mentioning something within the last month about a huge Intel upgrade to the editors den computers). He's basically the guy that bought the Titan XP the day before they announced the 1080Ti and making a video complaining about it.

3 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

BOO, WAW, Intel announced higher core count chips with higher clockspeeds at lower prices then the last generation by a SIGNIFICANT amount in the case of the higher end models (like 500 bucks cheaper then last generation for the same core count in one example), like you've been saying they NEEDED to do to respond to Ryzen, then you make a 10 minute video to complain about them doing that, yeah if I was still subscribed I would have unsubscribed over this bitch session of a video.

Run whatever chip works for what you need it to do and stop bitching about other chips, I personally do this thing where I buy the out going generation when they mark it down to get rid of it so I can save money over the cost of the current stuff. You don't have to have the latest and greatest, honestly this video sounds like Linus is mad he's got all this outdated shit from Intel in his office that he had to sell his soul to get only for them to replace it a month later (remember him mentioning something within the last month about a huge Intel upgrade to the editors den computers). He's basically the guy that bought the Titan XP the day before they announced the 1080Ti and making a video complaining about it.

Kinda agree. In the tech world, it is always going to be a losing battle if you want the "latest and greatest" since tech changes so quickly. For the longest time, I was computing with a 10-year-old LGA 775 system and only did I upgrade at the beginning of this year to the X99 platform. The reason for the upgrade was that I simply couldn't watch HD/1440p video and photo editing was a pain...X99 is doing wonders to my workflow. 

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Code XI | Graphics Card: RTX 3090 FE | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 MHz | 

Storage: LOADS of drives: SSD + HDD | PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850 W | 

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout (window) | Cooling: CRYORIG H5 Universal 

PCPartPicker List

Woah, Linus latest video was the most sincere and highly realistic opinion over Intel anti-consumer truckload of lies, that i have ever heard from him .-.

I feel like i just lost all the trust i had placed on the Blue team...

Groomlake Authority

In response to the "I have some things to say - Core i9 & X299" video,

This is the first video in at least a year that shows how Linus really cares about the tech market. No clickbait, No outrageous thumbnail, classic Linus talking tech. I'd love to see more videos like this in the future.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4820K / GPU: Nvidia GTX 760 4GB / RAM: 2x 8GB DDR3 2133 / MOBO: Asus P9X79 LE / HDD: 1 TB / Case: NZXT Phantom 410 White / Cooling: CPU Closed Liquid ARC Dual Silent / PSU: 850w / OS: Win7

2 hours ago, ZenAcTIViTy said:

I honestly think that Intel felt a "bit" threatened by AMD, with their recent success with their Ryzen lineup, I don't wanna be negative, but Intel might just destroy itself, like a lot of other companies in the past. They seem not to have understood the message with technology. Don't rush it, Apple is the gold standard in that sphere. Linus actually explained it perfectly.

But then again, that's just my opinion.

Oh and I think that you made a great choice, choosing a good and stable platform, rather than waiting for this new one.

Intel are way too solid to just self destruct like this, I agree the HCC chips are probably somewhat rushed due TR but I think at least 12 cores and beneath that were always planned for SKL-X. (Intel said that the 6950X was by far the most sold chip in Broadwell-E and that proved them the demand for HCC does exist.

Regarding KBL-X, I see why it might make no sense at first sight but after thinking about it somewhat it now does to me, say before you couldn't decide if you want to go regular KBL/SKL but limit yourself quite a bit regarding future upgrades, or go Haswell-E/Broadwell-E and get the benefits of X99 but pay accordingly, especially if you are a bit short on budget (and settle for a bit lesser single threaded performance too).

With KBL-X, now you can go KBL-X initially, and if/when the need arises go SKL-X/CFL-X when it's released in a year or so, basically the role of KBL-X is to have both relatively cheap Quads and 6+ cores on the same platform so you wouldn't need to make a choice like I described above.

In response to the "I have some things to say - Core i9 & X299" video,
I would like to also add positive karma in hope of more rumble on tech nonesense and corp. GREED.
I also hope in success of AMD VEGA and similar video about current GPU "trends" and nonesense.

As with everything, only time will tell if Intel made the current decision with releasing Kabylake-X alongside Skylake-X. We can speculate all we want, but ultimately, the free market will decide. 

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Code XI | Graphics Card: RTX 3090 FE | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 MHz | 

Storage: LOADS of drives: SSD + HDD | PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850 W | 

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout (window) | Cooling: CRYORIG H5 Universal 

PCPartPicker List

@LinusTech

what is this shit!?

1st you complain that Intel has too many sockets and you complain that it has too many CPUs on the same socket? please make up your mind

2nd - what's with the thumb? did BatMan just died or something?

they should put celly on X299, just to piss you off

Wow yea... I don't entirely agree to Mr Linus's every opinion on the vid but it does show how intel isn't making the greatest decisions right now. Especially when what mobo maker told Mr Linus are the same things that have been told to me from "x-brand" mobo product manager regarding ryzen. 

They're really rushing things here. And thats not gonna be good for everyone.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

RE: "I have some things to say - Core i9 & X299"

I've really missed this style of video. It feels like everyone's using the same techniques and equipment these days to the point of everything looking overprocessed and coming off as bland. I like that this feels raw and unscripted - makes it feel more personal, and I want to interact more as a result. This is actually the first time I've come to the forums fresh off a video just to say so.

With that out of the way, it really felt like AMD was pulling punches with Ryzen in comparison to the hype they generated for their then-future lineup. I don't buy into the idea that this was to take Intel by surprise as some have posed elsewhere, but I do find it interesting that they put Ryzen out, performing in close proximity to Intel's comparable offerings, followed by nonchalantly announcing Threadripper as though it were just another product announcement shortly after.

#LinusRantTips

I did really enjoy that style of video though, felt much more honest. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

Wow, Intel forcing users to use their own SSDs?  Reminds me of Sony forcing people to use their own proprietary memory sticks...  Definitely, a step in the wrong direction.  Hopefully, it will be reversed.

7 minutes ago, Steelfist said:

Wow, Intel forcing users to use their own SSDs?

no they aren't! where did you read that?

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

no they aren't! where did you read that?

Linus mentioned it as a possibility, lets hope its not actually true. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

Peripherals 

Just now, rn8686 said:

Linus mentioned it as a possibility, lets hope its not. 

I would seriously stop reading into Linus' bullcrap

Just now, zMeul said:

I would seriously stop reading into Linus' bullcrap

I agree that all it is is probably a rumour, but I wouldn't entirely put it past Intel either. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

Peripherals 

3 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

I agree that all it is is probably a rumour, but I wouldn't entirely put it past Intel either. 

really!? how so?

use logic if anything escapes you - if Intel does this it's suicidal; and one of the things Intel isn't: Intel isn't suicidal

Intel Optane drives for consumer don't even have the capacities required to fill the needs of the users - so, again .. how are they going to force it?

really!? how so?

use logic if anything escapes you - if Intel does this it's suicidal; and one of the things Intel isn't: Intel isn't suicidal

Did I not say I agree is probably just rumour?  I'm just saying they don't have the best record of being consumer friendly. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

Peripherals 

Just now, rn8686 said:

Did I not say I agree is probably just rumour?  I'm just saying they don't have the best record of being consumer friendly. 

rumos must have some base in reality - what Linus implied has no base in reality whatsoever

consumer friendly .. what the fuck does that even mean? do you want cookies with your Intel product?

Just now, zMeul said:

rumos must have some base in reality - what Linus implied has no base in reality whatsoever

consumer friendly .. what the fuck does that even mean? do you want cookies with your Intel product?

No, but them blatantly ripping off consumers with their CPUs for the past few years is ridiculous. Doesn't it seem suspicious they added 8 cores to their top tier i9 instead of just 2 like they always do? 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

Peripherals 

Just now, rn8686 said:

No, but them blatantly ripping off consumers with their CPUs for the past few years is ridiculous. Doesn't it seem suspicious they added 8 cores to their top tier i9 instead of just 2 like they always do? 

blatantly ripping them off? mate .. what the shit?!

1st you cry Intel has too many sockets, and now you cry it has too many CPUs on the same socket - please make up your mind

Calm down guys.  Reserve judgement when Intel actually releases the product.  

In reference to the video, I am just saying its a step in a wrong direction IF it is true.

However, I feel Linus is correct with regards R+D.  As the saying goes, "If you build it, they will come."  Just build a really good product and release it rather than seeing where the wind blows.  If it's good, people will buy it.  If it's bad, then learn what went wrong and apply what you learn to your next designs.  However, this mentality may not be "corporate friendly" (i.e. maximize profits).

blatantly ripping them off? mate .. what the shit?!

Consumer shouldn't be paying $250 for a quad core today, not after they have been a standard past several years. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC: