ASRock and Aurous have X399 boards. Caution: massive socket, and that Aorous board has a massive amount of PCIe lanes

captain cactus
Just now, Spenser1337 said:

Inb4 4 pcie lanes=1000$ price difference

Not really...... We don't know how much Threadripper will cost :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

2 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Not really...... We don't know how much Threadripper will cost :D

pch_allocation_575px.png

according to this you can't really use all 24 of the chipset with out losing a lot of sata, m.2, Ethernet support. while it seems RT is 64 right off the CPU with no interference by a chipset.

EDIT: AMD is going to live stream their press conference at May 30th at 10 PM EDT/May 31st at 10 AM CST (China Standard Time).

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

They look very nice indeed, and socket is lovely :D

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

15 hours ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

This has 4094 pins. Pretty sure it's bigger. 

that's why he said almost

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

And now that Linus has that video, we're able to see the socket is actually massive, and the hold-down plate requires 3 screws for the top part, and 2 other stages just to hold down a CPU...

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Ohhhhh X399 is AMD's new HEDT platform. 

WHY COULDN'T THEY CALL IT AM4+ with X390 chipset?!

6 minutes ago, Belgarathian said:

Ohhhhh X399 is AMD's new HEDT platform. 

WHY COULDN'T THEY CALL IT AM4+ with X390 chipset?!

AM4 plus is reserved for the revision of AM4 that will have backwards compatibility just like the past plus sockets.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc