Two reservoirs in 1 loop

Hi :)

I plan on watercooling my computer, but I would like to know if I can use two reservoir and two pumps on a single loop, just cooling the cpu. I can mod but would prefer not to.

Thanks,

SirFlamenco

So true it hurts

Totally doable, but why not go with a taller, single reservoir?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

You can but why?

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Yes. Id recommend the pumps you use are rated for the same amount of head pressure and water flow so they don't fight each other.

Not a bad idea either because if one fails the other should keep the system going.

55 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

yes you can just connect them with each other

54 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Totally doable, but why not go with a taller, single reservoir?

51 minutes ago, 1kv said:

TL;DR: yes

50 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Yes. Id recommend the pumps you use are rated for the same amount of head pressure and water flow so they don't fight each other.

Not a bad idea either because if one fails the other should keep the system going.

Do any of you know how to actually connect the pumps and reservoirs. It will be two d5 vario with two helix reservoirs.

54 minutes ago, Damascus said:

You can but why?

Enthusiast master race lol. This loop will cost around 1 thousand dollar only for cpu cooling.

So true it hurts

Just now, SirFlamenco said:

Do any of you know how to actually connect the pumps and reservoirs. It will be two d5 vario with two helix reservoirs.

Same as with any component in a water cooling loop. You can attach it directly or by using hardline or soft tubing.

Just now, SirFlamenco said:

Enthusiast master race lol. This loop will cost around 1 thousand dollar only for cpu cooling.

Good to know that Webster added a synonym for overspending.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 

17 minutes ago, SirFlamenco said:

save the money and get a better cpu

1 hour ago, ARikozuM said:

Same as with any component in a water cooling loop. You can attach it directly or by using hardline or soft tubing.

Good to know that Webster added a synonym for overspending.

I am not overspending it's just what watercooling cost I guess. A bit higher than I would have expected though. And last question do you know any dual d5 top such as this but could fit 2 reservoirs instead of one? 

500x1000px-LL-8d45591d_IMGP0371.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

save the money and get a better cpu

I plan on having a 6700k or a 5820k, so no bottleneck here.

So true it hurts

I think @Mick Naughty, @W-L, or @0ld_Chicken would know more than I.

6 minutes ago, SirFlamenco said:

And last question do you know any dual d5 top such as this but could fit 2 reservoirs instead of one? 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

34 minutes ago, SirFlamenco said:

I am not overspending it's just what watercooling cost I guess. A bit higher than I would have expected though. And last question do you know any dual d5 top such as this but could fit 2 reservoirs instead of one? 

I plan on having a 6700k or a 5820k, so no bottleneck here.

You can have two reservoirs say in series from the bottom so it fills from the bottom and exits the last res into the dual pump combo unit. You cannot directly hook up to reservoirs onto the dual pumps due to the way it's setup in series. 

Ek has a dual pump setup. You can just add two res's with a y fitting if sorts. Or just 2 pumps and 2 res's in series. Res>res>pump>pump. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

36 minutes ago, W-L said:

You can have two reservoirs say in series from the bottom so it fills from the bottom and exits the last res into the dual pump combo unit. You cannot directly hook up to reservoirs onto the dual pumps due to the way it's setup in series. 

The dual pump combo kit was just an exemple it would look like this but the pumps would be under their respective reservoir. How would it work in serial? I plan on having one 360mm only right now due to space limitions but I guess having 1 or 4 would not change their order. Also I have read somewhere that helix reservoirs refill from the bottom. 

Spoiler

900d-10large.jpg

4 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Ek has a dual pump setup. You can just add two res's with a y fitting if sorts. Or just 2 pumps and 2 res's in series. Res>res>pump>pump. 

Could you show it to me please? Only thing I have found so far is this but this only fit one reservoir. 

So true it hurts

15 minutes ago, SirFlamenco said:

The dual pump combo kit was just an exemple it would look like this but the pumps would be under their respective reservoir. How would it work in serial? I plan on having one 360mm only right now due to space limitions but I guess having 1 or 4 would not change their order. Also I have read somewhere that helix reservoirs refill from the bottom. 

Reveal hidden contents

900d-10large.jpg

Could you show it to me please? Only thing I have found so far is this but this only fit one reservoir. 

Personally I would setup the loop using a dual pump res unit but that is up to the look and design your going for.

Here is an example of in series where one res feeds into the next and then over into a pump, the fluid will naturally flow from one into the next.

Image result for snef pc build

Here is in parallel where you split the input and output ports so both split into two reservoirs and then merge before going back into a single line to the pumps. 

LL

EDIT: Found a better image of it. 

Edited by W-L

W-L nailed it as always.  I had a couple res in series once, really no purpose to it but it works just fine.  I don't think you'll find any combo units that will do multiple res to multiple pumps IN SERIES.  EK made one a while back with 2 res feeding 2 pumps but the pumps were in parallel as it was made for multiple loops.  You'll just have to have a separate dual pump top and a couple res and plumb them together yourself. 

25 minutes ago, SirFlamenco said:

Hide contents

900d-10large.jpg

This build actually looks like it may be 2 separate loops.  If you want two res's but a single loop then you just need a "T" fitting before and after the res's to split them and bring them back together. 

Also that dual pump top you linked is great if you can find one.  I snagged one last year and I'll never let it go!

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

4 hours ago, SirFlamenco said:

6700k or a 5820k

What the in the actual hell is this.  What gpu will you be using?  Your money would be way better spent on a $1200 cpu and an aio or cheaper loop than 1000 + a $300 cpu.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

13 hours ago, W-L said:

Personally I would setup the loop using a dual pump res unit but that is up to the look and design your going for.

Here is an example of in series where one res feeds into the next and then over into a pump, the fluid will naturally flow from one into the next.

Image result for snef pc build

Here is in parallel where you split the input and output ports so both split into two reservoirs and then merge before going back into a single line to the pumps. 

LL

EDIT: Found a better image of it. 

Beautiful but would it work in serial with the two pumps attached. I am doing a sketch up while trying to find the good fitting with the reservoir and pump I would need and how to put the tube correctly so the liquid pass in the fastest way.

12 hours ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

W-L nailed it as always.  I had a couple res in series once, really no purpose to it but it works just fine.  I don't think you'll find any combo units that will do multiple res to multiple pumps IN SERIES.  EK made one a while back with 2 res feeding 2 pumps but the pumps were in parallel as it was made for multiple loops.  You'll just have to have a separate dual pump top and a couple res and plumb them together yourself. 

This build actually looks like it may be 2 separate loops.  If you want two res's but a single loop then you just need a "T" fitting before and after the res's to split them and bring them back together. 

Also that dual pump top you linked is great if you can find one.  I snagged one last year and I'll never let it go!

Yea I know a dual pump top would be ideal but it can only fit 1 reservoir. Also I see everybody talking about serial, what's the difference with parallel? I am doing a sketch up to try to represent my idea.

11 hours ago, Damascus said:

What the in the actual hell is this.  What gpu will you be using?  Your money would be way better spent on a $1200 cpu and an aio or cheaper loop than 1000 + a $300 cpu.

I don't have $1200 for a cpu, but I do have the money for a $1000 loop. A watercooling loop may never expire (well at least for a crazy long time) while a cpu will need to be replaced after a few years in order to keep up with the latest gpus (tri 1080tis in my case). 

So true it hurts

Get a dual pump, then run two res's together to the pump. Quite simple. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

20 hours ago, SirFlamenco said:

just cooling the cpu

Shame!

When you go ahead and buy 2 pumps + 2x res, you should be able to afford GPU waterblock aswell. 

Once again ... SHAME!

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

I wasn't paying attention, this is all for a CPU? Wow. 

8 hours ago, SirFlamenco said:

Beautiful but would it work in serial with the two pumps attached. I am doing a sketch up while trying to find the good fitting with the reservoir and pump I would need and how to put the tube correctly so the liquid pass in the fastest way.

Yea I know a dual pump top would be ideal but it can only fit 1 reservoir. Also I see everybody talking about serial, what's the difference with parallel? I am doing a sketch up to try to represent my idea.

I don't have $1200 for a cpu, but I do have the money for a $1000 loop. A watercooling loop may never expire (well at least for a crazy long time) while a cpu will need to be replaced after a few years in order to keep up with the latest gpus (tri 1080tis in my case). 

Yes like in the first photo you will link to two reservoirs together and then series the pumps or use that pump tops which does it for you. The only difference between the two is the way the fluid runs through the reservoirs it won't affect performance or temps with either res setup. 

7 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

I wasn't paying attention, this is all for a CPU? Wow. 

I think watercooling a gpu is too risky, especially when you have a titan Xp (2017).

44 minutes ago, W-L said:

Yes like in the first photo you will link to two reservoirs together and then series the pumps or use that pump tops which does it for you. The only difference between the two is the way the fluid runs through the reservoirs it won't affect performance or temps with either res setup. 

Wow you are helpful :) Mind you, I would like to ask a few questions in order to know how to setup everything

1. Would this reservoir, work with this pump and this mod top? I plan on mounting them aside the hard drive bays with this pump mount. Would there be any clearance issue?

Would the mod top interfere with the pump mount? How could I mount it?

2. What is the difference between serial and parallel. You seem to have a bias toward series, why too?

3. How could I setup the tubes and straight compression fittings (Ah) in order to connect both?

Hope I am not bothering you much, thank you in advance xD

So true it hurts

5 minutes ago, SirFlamenco said:

I think watercooling a gpu is too risky, especially when you have a titan Xp (2017).

Wow you are helpful :) Mind you, I would like to ask a few questions in order to know how to setup everything

1. Would this reservoir, work with this pump and this mod top? I plan on mounting them aside the hard drive bays with this pump mount. Would there be any clearance issue?

Would the mod top interfere with the pump mount? How could I mount it?

2. What is the difference between serial and parallel. You seem to have a bias toward series, why too?

3. How could I setup the tubes and straight compression fittings (Ah) in order to connect both?

Hope I am not bothering you much, thank you in advance xD

Yes all of that can work together with the correct fittings and connections. 

As for the series vs parallel that really is up to you, it's more of a visual appeal than really a difference in performance. The photos really show it better than I could describe it but basically for parallel the fluid will go through a splitter and enter both reservoirs then exit and recombine before going to the pump or multiple pumps. 

Ive watercooled 3 out of 5 of my $1k gpu's. Doesn't really matter overall. Water cooing the cpu doesn't do much for most. Same with dual pumps. Moving the fluid as fast as possible wont do anything. So this must be for looks only and it wont look all that great with air cooled gpu's.