Arctic Blue [build log]

Mr.Meerkat
6 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

You can't cool anything with them, so they are overpriced

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

On 2017-6-2 at 10:35 PM, Mr.Meerkat said:

£80 (1 rad, pump, res, tubing, fluid) + £25 for other rad + £45 for fittings

So about £150 :) 

Cool, think Il pick up most of my loop as used parts, especially fans and the rads because they are expensive lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

5 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Cool, think Il pick up most of my loop as used parts, especially fans and the rads because they are expensive lol

Yeah, going used for some parts is deffo no a bad idea, frankly the most expensive thing in a WC loop is probably the fucking fittings...you can get cheaper pumps, rads, blocks (to an extent), don't bother with a res/get a pump-res combo ect. however one fitting costs a minimum of £3.5 (used) which adds up quick if you have more than 2 blocks, rads and separate pumps/res...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

Yeah, going used for some parts is deffo no a bad idea, frankly the most expensive thing in a WC loop is probably the fucking fittings...you can get cheaper pumps, rads, blocks (to an extent), don't bother with a res/get a pump-res combo ect. however one fitting costs a minimum of £3.5 (used) which adds up quick if you have more than 2 blocks, rads and separate pumps/res...

i think i found myself my first rad and a CPU block :D some rando block from chinas number one watercooling brand but it seems to be decent tbh and a 360 full copper rad that seems to be something made by alphacool but dosent have their logo lol, still need res, pump, case and probably another 120 or 240 rad, a GPU block for whatever GPU i end up buying and then fans, just like shitloads of fans lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

• 3 weeks later...

Update: Sorry for neglecting this build log :/ 

Have been super busy in the past 2 weeks which for 1 of those weeks, I had absolutely no Internet then the past week I was in a dorm without my PC sooo...yeah?

Anyway, here is the RGB lighting :D 

Tb2uReQ.jpg

I have the cycling effect on hence its yellow as my brain derped when I installed it as its USB powered with a 3 button controller being part of the cable so I won't be changing it to a solid colour soon...come on, it was £3 for a PSU (in the sense that it doesn't need one), controller and a 50cm/15 LEDs strip...

I've still not tried OCing my fury however, trixx seems to interfering with drivers as sometimes my fury would not be able to clock higher than base (300MHz) so... :P 

Hey, at least at 300MHz, its still able to run the games I play at 60fps 1080p...

22 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Update: Sorry for neglecting this build log :/ 

Have been super busy in the past 2 weeks which for 1 of those weeks, I had absolutely no Internet then the past week I was in a dorm without my PC sooo...yeah?

Anyway, here is the RGB lighting :D 

I have the cycling effect on hence its yellow as my brain derped when I installed it as its USB powered with a 3 button controller being part of the cable so I won't be changing it to a solid colour soon...come on, it was £3 for a PSU (in the sense that it doesn't need one), controller and a 50cm/15 LEDs strip...

I've still not tried OCing my fury however, trixx seems to interfering with drivers as sometimes my fury would not be able to clock higher than base (300MHz) so... :P 

Hey, at least at 300MHz, its still able to run the games I play at 60fps 1080p...

i wont be outdone, i need some RGB for my project now too :P

Builds:

Spoiler

• 1 month later...

CPU Overclocking update:

Well lets start with the good news, 4GHz+ is achievable and it will be able to complete multiple CPU-z benchmarks. The bad news is if I try running cinebench, it crashes almost immediately meaning that I'm limited to a measly 3.9GHz. And before you ask, I've tried 3.925, 3.95 and 3.975GHz as well plus this is all sub 1.35 volts so I'm sure if I dialed in more voltage, I'd be able to get 4GHz. 

Memory is coming up next. So far it seems that it does not want to run at anything higher than 2400MHz (i.e. stock) but that's not surpassing 1.3V so 1.4V equal? :D 

Memory Overclocking Update:

Well what can I say, 1.4V really did work, 2933MHz@16CL is working like an absolute dream :D 

Completed my 2 hour HCI Memtest stress, 5 cinebench runs continuous, 1 hour of Adia (Memory and CPU) and 10 mins CPU-z stress test (did catch out my original 2666MHz OC so may as well do it?) suite with flying colours! 

Looks like 3200MHz may be possible after all on the prettiest RAM ever :D 

Edit: Well that's decisive, RAM maxes out at 2933MHz@16CL with 1.4 Volts...3066 and 3200MHz is not happening as it doesn't even post. Same goes for 2933@14CL as it doesn't even post. 

• 1 month later...

Ooooo, I just remembered that I needed to post this...

1700@3.9GHz with 2933MHz Dual channel DDR4 vs 5820K@4.2GHz (Old CPU) with 2400MHz Quad channel DDR4! 

Capture.PNG.40bf070284338bd23322c82e751ce757.PNG

59c14ddb3747a_cinebenchR15@4_2GHz.thumb.JPG.87929d9e1d981df56d5ceae1daf0447b.JPG

What can I say? I now have 40% more multithreaded performance? :D 

2 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

1700@3.9GHz with 2933MHz Dual channel DDR4 vs 5820K@4.2GHz (Old CPU) with 2400MHz Quad channel DDR4! 

59c14ddb3747a_cinebenchR15@4_2GHz.thumb.JPG.87929d9e1d981df56d5ceae1daf0447b.JPG

nice

i will get the 1700 too at xmas

8 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

nice

i will get the 1700 too at xmas

I'm going to get an 8700K :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

2 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

the cant judge before its released but ryzen will probably be cheaper...

and noticable slower, even overclocked

2 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

hmm now i know what im up against.... i aint touching that multi core atleast

Builds:

Spoiler

43 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

hmm now i know what im up against.... i aint touching that multi core atleast

Yep and I think we should make a rule that we must have the same clock speeds :D 

But on a more serious note, I do actually wonder what would happen if a 1080 was clocked at 1040MHz... 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

Yep and I think we should make a rule that we must have the same clock speeds :D 

But on a more serious note, I do actually wonder what would happen if a 1080 was clocked at 1040MHz... 

1040MHz is like 900MHz bellow what they all boost too though, almost all of them boost with no overclock to 1900MHz or above AFAIK

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

1040MHz is like 900MHz bellow what they all boost too though, almost all of them boost with no overclock to 1900MHz or above AFAIK

I know but ya know...I've gotta somehow be able to win at graphics power...

Anyway, I think our benchmarks should only involve multithreaded workloads and total war warhammer... :P 

/jk...not