Assassin's Creed 4 Low Fps on GTX 780

ChrisxIxCross

I have the very latest drivers and i'm still having a hard time trying to figure out why this game runs so poorly on my 780.All Maxed/4x Msaa i get 40-50fps which is absurd for how the game looks. Biggest thing ive noticed is if i attempt to lower the settings to get more fps the card usage goes to sh**. Trying to get at least 70-80fps with my 144hz display. So of anyone could be of any help, i would greatly appreciate it :)

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Obviously if you put it at max settings your frames will drop...

tone down the settings for higher FPS or get a new GPU/SLI

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

dont use 4x msaa 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I noticed Assassin's Creed Black Flag only uses one core of my CPU which is at 100% constantly for me... I also get shit FPS on highest settings so that might have something to do with it.

DAT OCEAN!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Optimize that shit.... Geforce experience is a life saver for Visuals and frame rates :3 

Character artist in the Games industry.

Obviously if you put it at max settings your frames will drop...tone down the settings for higher FPS or get a new GPU/SLI

I know that like i said the usage on the card starts fluctuating when i begin lowering settings when trying to get better fps. This has to be a game issue, no way should a monstrous card like a 780 be crippled this badly. I can run all other games maxed just fine too

(BF4, Batman Origins) i get 70-80fps average.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

dont use 4x msaa

Tried to, card usage goes down the drain with anything lower lol

There are currently NO (non beta) DRIVERS for Black Flag for AMD or Nvidia. wait for a driver update that supports the game + sli profiles/Crossfire

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I know that like i said the usage on the card starts fluctuating when i begin lowering settings when trying to get better fps. This has to be a game issue, no way should a monstrous card like a 780 be crippled this badly. I can run all other games maxed just fine too

(BF4, Batman Origins) i get 70-80fps average.

Well you can optimize like @Pixxie_Payne said or wait for better drivers to release.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

There are currently NO DRIVERS for Black Flag for AMD or Nvidia. wait for a driver update that supports the game + sli profiles/Crossfire

Using 331.82 the AC4 optimized drivers.

www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/70183/en-us

Buy a better game...

Assassins Creed 2.

Computer Specs: CPU: i7 3770k, GPU: EVGA GTX 770, PSU: Corsair HX 850W, Case: Fractal Design R4, Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 240 Pin DDR3, Corsair H100i Liquid CPU CoolerKingston HyperX 240GB SSD (OS), WD 1TB HDD Black Edition

My god ubi, I'm really getting tired of you! I remember you saying things like "the PC version will come at the same time as the console versions" and then that didn't happen, because we naively thought you were optimizing the game for better performance on PC, because I remember you saying something like "Bad PC ports are a thing of the past, from now on the PC ports will be good" and then that didn't happen either (not with Blacklist either, it was very poorly optimized as well). If you didn't make Splinter Cell or FarCry, I would hate you. Now I'm just very angry.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

Obviously if you put it at max settings your frames will drop...

tone down the settings for higher FPS or get a new GPU/SLI

Wrong. No matters what config you use. Avoid this answers.

dont use 4x msaa 

Wrong. Avoid this default answers.

I noticed Assassin's Creed Black Flag only uses one core of my CPU which is at 100% constantly for me... I also get shit FPS on highest settings so that might have something to do with it.

Go to properties of the process and change affinity to all cores. Even if it is right now on all cores you have to change the config (to whatever) apply, change again (to all cores now) and accept. You have to do it every time you start the game. Is also useful in Assassin's Creed 3.

There are currently NO (non beta) DRIVERS for Black Flag for AMD or Nvidia. wait for a driver update that supports the game + sli profiles/Crossfire

Yes, the 331.82. But is not an useful advice cause the are worse than the old ones that don't support the game. Avoid this answers if you don´t know how they work.

My experience:

With my EVGA 780 SC (1.2ghz/3.5ghz) SLI I had 60fps all maxed out the with old drivers and the first version of the game with my cards usage at 90% (@1440p)

With the latest drivers and the update 2 of the game I'm having 45fps and my cards are not above 60% of usage. (@1440p)

You can see how smooth my experience was at first try --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NEycM5z-sI

I'm still working on it. I'll come with the answer soon. I still DON'T KNOW what is happening. Nothing happens to say that bold words.

Read you.

2xmsaa is always enough for ultra settings... also if you care so much about the AA find some injector,,, maybe sweetfx work in AC4

Ok, solved.

In my case Nvidia Shadow Play was causing the trouble. Put it off if you have the same issue I had.

And if you even have that power, activate triple bufferring in the NVIDIA control panel to get 60fps fixed.

Regards.

Go to properties of the process and change affinity to all cores. Even if it is right now on all cores you have to change the config (to whatever) apply, change again (to all cores now) and accept. You have to do it every time you start the game. Is also useful in Assassin's Creed 3.

excuse me if this a n00b question, but where exactly do I do this?  Is this a game option or something in the OS or BIOS?  and where ever it is, how do I get to it?

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Optimize that shit.... Geforce experience is a life saver for Visuals and frame rates :3

I've found that the GeForce experience's optimization is is less than adequate, often times putting my settings a lot lower than they need to be.

The reason for all of this is because the game isn't optimize for PC at all. 

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/assassins_creed_4_black_flag/news/assassins_creed_4_producer_says_pc_optimisation_isnt_important.html

I was trying to see if this information was up in the news section, but I couldn't find it. 

The associate producer, Sylvain Trottier said 

"It's always a question of compromise about the effect, how it looks, and the performance it takes from the system. On PC, usually you don't really care about the performance, because the idea is that if it's not [running] fast enough, you buy a bigger GPU. Once you get on console, you can't have this approach."

NZXT Phantom 810 Black, AMD FX-6100, FX-990 Sabertooth gen 1, 16GB 1333MHz Corsair, 2x HD 6770

thats it. im going to be playing this on an xbox 360. -_-

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Same here, bad framerate even with a GTX770 SLI setup... porting, hate it.

- I9 13900K - Asus ROG Maximus Z670 Hero - Corsair H150i LCD - Asus RTX 3080 - Thermaltake P3 Pro case - 32Gb G-Skill TridentZ DDR5 6400  - WD SN850X 2TB OS Drive  - Asus THOR 1200 Watts PSU - LG Ultragear 32" - Asus VX 27" - Stinky Footboard - Razer Basilisk Pro with dock - Corsair K100 Keyboard - Asus RT-AC3100 Router - Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless Headset - Razer Tartarus V2

^^^^ So anyone figure out how to get rid of the 62 FPS Cap? I have done this before in the game registry, but not sure with this one. I dont need more Frames at all, but like to see how the system compares when using Max Settings + FXAA vs Max Settings + TXAA x 4 etc..

Right now doesnt matter whether I use Max Settings + FXAA or Max Settings + MSAA x 8 or Max Settings + TXAA x 4.....any of em results in Max Frames 62 FPS...yes Vertical Synch is off in both game and nvcp. This doesnt seem right and a Frame Rate Cap would explain it.

EDIT: Okay so under "Users/My Documents/Assassins Creed I found the .cfg Config File (open with Notepad)...
There is no setting for Framerates, only "Refresh Rate=60" and "Displayable refreshrate Rate=60" .....I wonder if changing to "60" to a higher number within "Displayeable Refresh Rate=200" would do the trick?

3930K - 4.85Ghz w EK Supremacy | RIVE w Photon 170 D5 Vario / Res Combo | 16GB 1866 Doms | Evga GTX 780Ti SC SLi w EK Full WB's| AX 1.2 kW | 900D - 1 x RX480 1 x EX360 & 1 x EX240 Rads w Noctua NF F & Corsair SP "Push" | W7 HP x64 | MK11: P25,113 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7499603 | Firestrike: 19,576 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1177627

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's