Next-Gen Graphics Comparison -- PS4 vs PC vs PS3

Long time reader, first time posting with this account, the one associated to my YouTube channel. I'm not the best writer but i love making videos so I hope you guys enjoy. 

With the release of the PlayStation 4 touting "rich, high-fidelity graphics and deeply immersive experiences" I think it's time we tale a look at how these graphics compare to the previous-gen experience and a high end PC. 

Battlefield 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdSTmVxJzq8

Call of Duty: Ghosts

This is my first time making videos of this kind, there are a few mistakes but i think it will help you understand just how improved or lacking the graphics are on the PlayStation 4.

PC Specs --- CPU - Intel 3930K @ 4.2GHz -- GPU - Nvidia GTX TITAN -- RAM - 16GB Corsair Vengence 1600 -- MOBO - Gigabyte X79-UD5

PSU - Corsair HX1050 -- Sound - ASUS Xonar STX -- Boot Drive - 480GB Intel 520 -- Internal Storage- 2TB WD Black -- External Storage - 9TB RAID 5 (4x3TB WD Red)

format is messed up mate. remove the and just paste the link in

nevermind you fixed it.

nice video, but taken into consideration the ps4 probably costed around the same as ur gpu ? :P

Got it, thanks!

Sadly I could have bought both a PS4, an Xbox One, then burned a $100 bill for the price of my GPU...  :(

PC Specs --- CPU - Intel 3930K @ 4.2GHz -- GPU - Nvidia GTX TITAN -- RAM - 16GB Corsair Vengence 1600 -- MOBO - Gigabyte X79-UD5

PSU - Corsair HX1050 -- Sound - ASUS Xonar STX -- Boot Drive - 480GB Intel 520 -- Internal Storage- 2TB WD Black -- External Storage - 9TB RAID 5 (4x3TB WD Red)

But you do realize ghosts was designed for consoles?

Ofc the PC version won't be that much different from the ps4 version, they arnt going to upgrade any textures or anything for a platform they don't care about anymore.  They have already made it very clear they don't want to support the PC but they have too.  Its just another poor console port which we have seen time and time again.

Yes PS4 looks pretty decent but only on games DESIGNED for console and not properly ported to PC with updated textures.

Maybe I'm just a PC fanboy though....who knows.

A better one to compare would be BF4 (which was designed for pc if i'm not mistaken) once the xbox comes out, do a comparison of both the new consoles vs PC.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I actually talk a lot about this in the Battlefield 4 video that I just added to this post.

Essentially Battlefield 4 looks amazing on PC and really bad on consoles. Call of Duty actually looks much better on the PS4 than battlefield 4 in my opinion. This is probably because the PS4 version was designed for that type of hardware. 

The PS4 version of battlefield 4 looks awful and that's probably because it's a dumbed down port of the PC version. It's funny we often complain of crap PC ports but i honestly think PS4, and I assume Xbox One, are the one's that got the shitty port this time with battlefield.

I never said this in either video but I think if graphics is what you're after go Battlefield 4 on Pc and Call of Duty: Ghosts on PS4/Xbox One.

I love how you talk at a slower pace but at the same time highlighting the words with much intent and enthusiasm. Though I'm only watching it in 720p, I can still see the big graphics improvement from PS3 to PS4. There are more texture details to the surroundings and the shadows are less jaggier.

Amazing Video nice work! ;)

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Thanks for putting the BF4 one up.

Looks about right for the hardware the PS4 has and the optimizations that could of been done to this point.

However games will get better over time as the hardware is fully harnessed as with all consoles.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Long time reader, first time posting with this account, the one associated to my YouTube channel. I'm not the best writer but i love making videos so I hope you guys enjoy. 

With the release of the PlayStation 4 touting "rich, high-fidelity graphics and deeply immersive experiences" I think it's time we tale a look at how these graphics compare to the previous-gen experience and a high end PC. 

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Battlefield 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdSTmVxJzq8

This is my first time making videos of this kind, there are a few mistakes but i think it will help you understand just how improved or lacking the graphics are on the PlayStation 4.

WOW this video was pretty damn profesional! How do you not have more subscribers? :o

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Shouldn't the pc version look better... substantially on a high end pc?

Is the bf4 actually that much worse on the PS4 than CODG? Or is it just the difference between pc to ps4 greater, skewing the perceptions? I am sure that CODG might have done a better job optimizing for the console, but is it that much better?

Being it's the first kick at the can, the next version will even be better.

Is the bf4 actually that much worse on the PS4 than CODG? Or is it just the difference between pc to ps4 greater, skewing the perceptions? I am sure that CODG might have done a better job optimizing for the console, but is it that much better?

Well you need to keep in mind, at least for Ghosts, it was developed for consoles, that is where the majority of its player base is.

They don't care about PC anymore, they made that clear long ago, they just didn't bother updating the textures for PC's over consoles since they have no point to do so.

The  BF4 one is more of an eye opener since it's developed FOR PC, and ported to consoles where they have to downgrade everything to the point where they can get a steady frame rate, you can clearly see the differences between the two.  However you need to also keep in mind games will get better and better over time as it is with consoles due to optimizations.

Well you need to keep in mind, at least for Ghosts, it was developed for consoles, that is where the majority of its player base is.

They don't care about PC anymore, they made that clear long ago, they just didn't bother updating the textures for PC's over consoles since they have no point to do so.

The  BF4 one is more of an eye opener since it's developed FOR PC, and ported to consoles where they have to downgrade everything to the point where they can get a steady frame rate, you can clearly see the differences between the two.  However you need to also keep in mind games will get better and better over time as it is with consoles due to optimizations.

Yes, I got that, it was assumed in my post.

I was asking about why athergames thought that codg looked "much better". Was it just the difference between ps4 and pc, being that the pc version of bf4 is substantially better, skewing his perspective and therefore the difference between codg and bf4 is only marginal?Or is it because codg is that much better optimized on the PS4 and there is a substantial difference.

I actually talk a lot about this in the Battlefield 4 video that I just added to this post.

Essentially Battlefield 4 looks amazing on PC and really bad on consoles. Call of Duty actually looks much better on the PS4 than battlefield 4 in my opinion. This is probably because the PS4 version was designed for that type of hardware. 

The PS4 version of battlefield 4 looks awful and that's probably because it's a dumbed down port of the PC version. It's funny we often complain of crap PC ports but i honestly think PS4, and I assume Xbox One, are the one's that got the shitty port this time with battlefield.

I never said this in either video but I think if graphics is what you're after go Battlefield 4 on Pc and Call of Duty: Ghosts on PS4/Xbox One.

i have bf4 on PC and ps4 and they look exactly the same with 2aa and a mix of high high ultra and medium texture sat 1600x900

You did good, kid. You did good. PC will still be the winner, but the PS4 put up a fight.

Well that's why i am building a PC now, its the perfect time to do so when everything is expensive so the price of the PC is cushioned a little   

i have bf4 on PC and ps4 and they look exactly the same with 2aa and a mix of high high ultra and medium texture sat 1600x900

That's really interesting, I was wondering what what settings you would need to have on PC for it to look the same as PS4.

PC version on a high end PC is definitely better for both games.

Battlefield 4 looks so much better on PC.

Call of Duty looks only slightly better.

With Battlefield 4 It looks like the PS4 is struggling to play the game, you get a bunch of texture pop-in jagged lines, everything at a distance is blurry.

I think this is because the PS4 port is just the PC version but dumbed down, and it still fails at running that.

With Call of duty, I was impressed with the graphics. Maybe they were a bit more conservative, going for environments that didn't need to render objects at distance. It goes for impressive set pieces and scripted events rather then overloading the system with physics calculations. The textures are not as sharp but they never pop-in so it's actually more pleasant to the eye.

It looks like the PS4 version was the one ported to PC so you don't get a massive improvement going to PC.

I think Call of Duty is a much better looking game than Battlefield 4 on PS4/Xbox One (probably)

I can't wait to see how much improvement developers can do over the lifespan of this generation. I obviously will have a very different PC 5 years from now but it would be very cool to compare games that are made 5 years from now on PS4/Xbox One with a High end PC from the beginning of this new console generation.

PC version on a high end PC is definitely better for both games.

Battlefield 4 looks so much better on PC.

Call of Duty looks only slightly better.

With Battlefield 4 It looks like the PS4 is struggling to play the game, you get a bunch of texture pop-in jagged lines, everything at a distance is blurry.

I think this is because the PS4 port is just the PC version but dumbed down, and it still fails at running that.

With Call of duty, I was impressed with the graphics. Maybe they were a bit more conservative, going for environments that didn't need to render objects at distance. It goes for impressive set pieces and scripted events rather then overloading the system with physics calculations. The textures are not as sharp but they never pop-in so it's actually more pleasant to the eye.

It looks like the PS4 version was the one ported to PC so you don't get a massive improvement going to PC.

I think Call of Duty is a much better looking game than Battlefield 4 on PS4/Xbox One (probably)

I can't wait to see how much improvement developers can do over the lifespan of this generation. I obviously will have a very different PC 5 years from now but it would be very cool to compare games that are made 5 years from now on PS4/Xbox One with a High end PC from the beginning of this new console generation.

Cool thanks for the clarification/update.