I want to sound proof my room for streaming

theminnesotanman

Coming this june i will be starting to stream and i want to sound proof my room. My room is basically a giant square room (by giant i mean roughly 12' by 12') I want to sound proof it to stop my voice from bouning but there are many different kinds of acoustic panels. What would be the best for my situation?

How much money do you have?

$5k? $10k?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

11 minutes ago, theminnesotanman said:

snip

Blankets. 

EDIT:
Carpets 

and these things:

Panels-set-up-front.jpg

1 minute ago, fpo said:

Blankets. 

That's not sound proofing, that's sound dampening.

They are not the same thing.

The point of sound proofing is to stop noise coming in or out of the room.

Sound dampening is to stop echos from bouncing off walls.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

That's not sound proofing, that's sound dampening.

They are not the same thing.

The point of sound proofing is to stop noise coming in or out of the room.

Sound dampening is to stop echos from bouncing off walls.

Then I would agree with your first post but you're lowballing. 

I gave the best large scale option I could think of for sound dampening. 

Lowballing source:

5 minutes ago, fpo said:

Then I would agree with your first post but you're lowballing. 

I gave the best large scale option I could think of for sound dampening. 

Linus used some pretty good soundproofing for his server room.

The thing is that to install it properly you need to rip open your walls and stuff it between the studs.

Also, to line the hundreds of square feet of the room it will cost at least a few thousand dollars.

Image result for sound isolation

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

The thing is that to install it properly you need to rip open your walls and stuff it between the studs.

Also, to line the hundreds of square feet of the room it will cost at least a few thousand dollars.

I suppose the shredded jean pants insulation would be a cheap fairly effective method of sound dampening/proofing. I don't know that the server room is sound PROOF, but it's very close. 

I'd advise against any insulation based proofing if you have any pets whatsoever. (My cat still thinks plastic is food, as well as strings on the floor.)

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

Image result for sound isolation

UltraTouch is excellent. And just to clarify, the walls of the server room ALREADY have insulation in them. Thats why I put UltraTouch on top of the wall

• 3 years later...

Yeah seems like what you're after is acoustic treatment as opposed to soundproofing, which can be a big and expensive ordeal. I'd recommend here if you're looking for acoustic foam.