zotac 1080 ti overclocking

thomas3010

hi there am very new to overclocking and just wanted to know if this was any good 

zotac nvidia geforce gtx 1080 ti amp extreme 

i7 7700k 

32gb ram 

20170519_184552273_iOS (2).jpg

Is it stable? Have you stress tested the card?

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

yeah in heaven benchmarks and played some games 

1 minute ago, thomas3010 said:

Run Unigine Superposition and 3dMark Firestrike and if it doesn't crash you can be 100% sure that it is stable

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

It's an ok OC. Above 2138Mhz is where they start getting special. But the difference is so small that you won't notice

That's an F in the profile pic

4 minutes ago, thomas3010 said:

cant find 3d marks for free

Download the Demo from steam

10 minutes ago, thomas3010 said:

seems goodzcheck heaven benchmark topic, you can see ppl with scores to compare

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

seems goodzcheck heaven benchmark topic, you can see ppl with scores to compare

There is no Heaven benchmark thread :(

Yup. Heaven and Valley don't indicate stability (Furmark neither!!). They can run stable, but Firestrike crashes within the first 5-10 seconds.

When superposition and Firestrike run through without problems for 2-3 runs, you can be 95% sure it's stable.

From here on, keep playing your games and have fun. If you get any instability, reduce Core Clock by 12,5 Mhz, or 25 Mhz~.

And keep playing.

Repeat if instability keeps coming.

16 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

It's an ok OC. Above 2138Mhz is where they start getting special. But the difference is so small that you won't notice

if i go any higher the program crashes

18 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

It starts at 2100 then goes to 2088 and dont move 

It starts at 2100 then goes to 2088 and dont move 

It's throttling. Don't just max out your voltage since that actually reduces clocks if it's throttling. I would set a custom voltage/frequency curve (CTRL+f in afterburner/precision) but it takes some tinkering and it's a bunch of effort for those last few clocks

5 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

It's throttling. Don't just max out your voltage since that actually reduces clocks if it's throttling. I would set a custom voltage/frequency curve (CTRL+f in afterburner/precision) but it takes some tinkering and it's a bunch of effort for those last few clocks

is there any vid on that am a nooob this my 1st lol 

Just now, thomas3010 said:

is there any vid on that am a nooob this my 1st lol 

JayzTwoCents did a Pascal OC thing. Once you know the steps it's really easy though

Just now, Froody129 said:

JayzTwoCents did a Pascal OC thing. Once you know the steps it's really easy though

Yeah that what I followed and he said max it 

2 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

coz the temps are good no more then 64 

Just now, thomas3010 said:

coz the temps are good no more then 64 

They start throttling at like 60C but the beauty of the step method is that you can drop the voltage to the highest sustainable voltage, then find the max clocks for that voltage so you never have throttling

2 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

They start throttling at like 60C but the beauty of the step method is that you can drop the voltage to the highest sustainable voltage, then find the max clocks for that voltage so you never have throttling

so i need it to stay below 60c

2 minutes ago, thomas3010 said:

so i need it to stay below 60c

No, it's basically impossible on air unless it's literally freezing in your room. For example I can run my 1060 at 1080mV stable at 65C. With the curve you can tell it when to start throttling. 

1 minute ago, Froody129 said:

No, it's basically impossible on air unless it's literally freezing in your room. For example I can run my 1060 at 1080mV stable at 65C. With the curve you can tell it when to start throttling. 

i be honest you lost me so sorry 

i be honest you lost me so sorry 

Lol I'm tired so not making a super amount of sense. Just hit Ctrl+F and start playing the steps.

Like you find the point where it's hitting 2088MHz and then either raise clocks or lower voltage

1 minute ago, Froody129 said:

Lol I'm tired so not making a super amount of sense. Just hit Ctrl+F and start playing the steps.

Like you find the point where it's hitting 2088MHz and then either raise clocks or lower voltage

ok thank you 

14 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

sorry one thing wots better gpu clock offset or mem clock offset