PC Vibrates A LOT

ZonatedTooth27
Go to solution Solved by ZonatedTooth27,
6 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

See, if an HDD is connected to the case, it will make the case vibrate. Just like when you put a glass on top of a speaker, you can see its contents vibrating.

What you need to do is mitigate the transfer of vibrations from the HDD to the case. You can use rubber grommets to mount it, which is one way. You can suspend it in elastic, like I did with the pantyhose, which is another way. 

The more rigidly secured it is to the case, the more it'll vibrate. That's why we're recommending either rubber grommets or elastic suspension.

Cheers Aereldor! Thanks for the advice 

Its triggering me. i can feel it through when i put my hand on the desk and it makes a humming noise. I think it is the hard drive. Do you guys have any suggestions to counter this problem? Get rubber pads and attach them to my hard drive or maybe the case feet? 

Thanks 

rubber mounts on the HDD

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

List of parts would be helpful, but rubber pads sounds about right. Could maybe be fans

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 minutes ago, ZonatedTooth27 said:

Its triggering me. i can feel it through when i put my hand on the desk and it makes a humming noise. I think it is the hard drive. Do you guys have any suggestions to counter this problem? Get rubber pads and attach them to my hard drive or maybe the case feet? 

Thanks 

Isolation pads fo audio equipment should do the trick, cheap on amazon

How have you installed your HDD and fans? I completely annulled the noise form my HDD by taking it out of the toolless drive cage mount and suspending it with elastic (pantyhose, if you must know).

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

Just now, Slottr said:

List of parts would be helpful

NZXT s340 Elite, no extra fans, WD blue 1tb 7200rpm, Hyper 212X cpu cooler, dual fan gpu. I think that's all that matters.

I'm doing fine thank you.

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Sell it for lots to a girl gamer

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)...

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

How have you installed your HDD and fans? I completely annulled the noise form my HDD by taking it out of the toolless drive cage mount and suspending it with elastic (pantyhose, if you must know).

I put it in the cage and secured a ton of screws on it. maybe i should remove them and only have about two on. 

Just now, ZonatedTooth27 said:

I put it in the cage and secured a ton of screws on it. maybe i should remove them and only have about two on. 

See, if an HDD is connected to the case, it will make the case vibrate. Just like when you put a glass on top of a speaker, you can see its contents vibrating.

What you need to do is mitigate the transfer of vibrations from the HDD to the case. You can use rubber grommets to mount it, which is one way. You can suspend it in elastic, like I did with the pantyhose, which is another way. 

The more rigidly secured it is to the case, the more it'll vibrate. That's why we're recommending either rubber grommets or elastic suspension.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

6 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

9 minutes ago, ZonatedTooth27 said:

You're most welcome. If you feel an answer resolved your query, you can click on the tick mark next to it. That will mark the thread solved and help keep it organized amidst others.