Resell value of my PC

SQZY98

Hi, I'm currently playing with the idea of selling my current build. Though, I really don't know how to estimate the price for this. I previously owned a ATX build from which I transfered over the CPU and PSU as well as the storage and RAM which were bought in December of 2014. The rest of the stuff was purchased in the second half of 2016. Hardware has not been overclocked (sorry).

Spoiler

DSC_0131.thumb.jpg.7e3fcd96242f76b0172ea353eae51a93.jpgDSC_0779.thumb.jpg.84e4a0d56d6ad57c4d060aff52706923.jpg

Spoiler

Main components:
Case: Parvum S2.5 mATX
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0
RAM: HyperX Fury 4x4GB DDR3 1866MHz
Motherboard: Asus Z97 Gryphon mATX
PSU: bequiet! Straight Power 10 550W (semi-modular)

Watercooling components:
CPU-Block: EK-Supremacy EVO - Acetal+Nickel
GPU-Block: EK-FC980 GTX - Acetal
GPU-Backplate: EK-FC980 GTX Backplate - Black Nickel Black
Reservoir: Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150mm clear
Reservoir mount: Singularity Computers CORE SINGLE V3
Radiators: 2x EK-CoolStream SE 240 26mm
D5 Pump: EK
D5 Pump top: Bitspower Premium D5 mod kit
Fans: 4x Noiseblocker Blacksilent PRO PL-PS
Fan splitter: ModMyToys 4x 4-pin PWM
Fittings: Alphacool HT 13mm HardTube - knurled - deep black
Tubing: Alphacool Eisrohr 13/10mm satin
Fluid: Mayhems Clear mixed with emerald green and dark blue dye

Miscellaneous:
Sleeving: MDPC-X black & Shakmods "dark green" expandable 4mm sleeve
RAM "cooler": XSPC Universal heatsink

The motherboard has a custom cnc'd acrylic cover on top and is vinyl wrapped. The case is a one-off design from Parvum. All of this with about 50 hours of work to put it together, sleeve the cables and bend the tubes.

Rough estimation of material value is about 2500€, I think.

What would you place the price at? I'll have to admit that the hardware has aged a bit.

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

With all those extra I would say over €1000 - maybe around €1500? I'm no expert though.

Personally in the UK I would put it at £900-£1200, although that may change depending on your country and how popular similar PCs are.

I edit my posts a lot.

Probably try it with what you paid for for the components excluding water cooling components. Hard to estimate, depends on whether the buyer appreciates your work you put into it or not.

Other way to start is trying to figure out the grand total of what you paid for it and then shave 25 to 50% off or look for similar specced systems used and slap a sum on top of the average for your custom work

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Like a modified car...Whatever someone's willing to pay for it.

If you can find an enthusiast that wants a very good but superceded system you could easily get 2000 AUD for it especially with all the watercooling. For anyone else it just wouldn't be worth more than 1000.

I'd say put it for auction but ebay sucks for that kind of thing now.... so I'd say a mid range of about 1200 "currency"

derp

that's a nice looking build, I recently sold my 4790k, 32gb ram and Asus Z97 Ranger board for around £450. You should be good for around £1000 imo, the problem is that 980 has dropped a tonne cause of pascal and a 1060 6gb offering similar performance and of course water cooling is still niche, but I think anyone that knows what theyre looking for knows the value of a custom loop

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Like most here I'd put it around the 900-1300 euro range, since you're from Germany :)

The 980 is getting older, but is still agood 1080p GPU.

Your i7 is of the older generation but is definetly still considered high-end.

Combine that with the rest, watercooling, sleeved cables and all that and you get some cash.

Might even get more than 1300 euro :D

As many people said already, you can freely ask $1500 for this bad boy. But, as @Linksys120n mentioned, put it for auction and you can get much more. Also, it will bring new clients to you. Gl!

id say a grand atleast , so asking 1250 obo will be fine 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

41 minutes ago, SQZY98 said:

Hi, I'm currently playing with the idea of selling my current build. Though, I really don't know how to estimate the price for this. I previously owned a ATX build from which I transfered over the CPU and PSU as well as the storage and RAM which were bought in December of 2014. The rest of the stuff was purchased in the second half of 2016. Hardware has not been overclocked (sorry).

Hide contents

DSC_0131.thumb.jpg.7e3fcd96242f76b0172ea353eae51a93.jpgDSC_0779.thumb.jpg.84e4a0d56d6ad57c4d060aff52706923.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Main components:
Case: Parvum S2.5 mATX
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0
RAM: HyperX Fury 4x4GB DDR3 1866MHz
Motherboard: Asus Z97 Gryphon mATX
PSU: bequiet! Straight Power 10 550W (semi-modular)

Watercooling components:
CPU-Block: EK-Supremacy EVO - Acetal+Nickel
GPU-Block: EK-FC980 GTX - Acetal
GPU-Backplate: EK-FC980 GTX Backplate - Black Nickel Black
Reservoir: Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150mm clear
Reservoir mount: Singularity Computers CORE SINGLE V3
Radiators: 2x EK-CoolStream SE 240 26mm
D5 Pump: EK
D5 Pump top: Bitspower Premium D5 mod kit
Fans: 4x Noiseblocker Blacksilent PRO PL-PS
Fan splitter: ModMyToys 4x 4-pin PWM
Fittings: Alphacool HT 13mm HardTube - knurled - deep black
Tubing: Alphacool Eisrohr 13/10mm satin
Fluid: Mayhems Clear mixed with emerald green and dark blue dye

Miscellaneous:
Sleeving: MDPC-X black & Shakmods "dark green" expandable 4mm sleeve
RAM "cooler": XSPC Universal heatsink

The motherboard has a custom cnc'd acrylic cover on top and is vinyl wrapped. The case is a one-off design from Parvum. All of this with about 50 hours of work to put it together, sleeve the cables and bend the tubes.

Rough estimation of material value is about 2500€, I think.

What would you place the price at? I'll have to admit that the hardware has aged a bit.

I'd say about maybe 1000- near 2000? Idek But those pictures look high quality af.

5 hours ago, MVPernula said:

Like most here I'd put it around the 900-1300 euro range, since you're from Germany :)

The 980 is getting older, but is still agood 1080p GPU.

Your i7 is of the older generation but is definetly still considered high-end.

Combine that with the rest, watercooling, sleeved cables and all that and you get some cash.

Might even get more than 1300 euro :D

True, the GPU definitely decreased a lot in value, but it would be an easy replacement if needed. I might put it up on ebay or some sort to see whether there is any interest at all in this. After all this build means something to me and I don't want to give it away cheaper as needed. Thank you for your answers

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss