Intel Core i9?

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

Elitist = someone who's a dickbag and constantly says that people with i5s can't run games, and that only GTX 1080Ti SLI can provide a good gaming experience.

Elitist =/= Someone who can afford to buy a 7700K

Talking about the 7740k on an enthusiast socket here, not the mainstream 7700k. Since no one really confronted Intel over the shit manufacturing, expect a 1000 dollar CPU that has to be delided to overclock, and Intel telling you not to overclock it :D

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Talking about the 7740k on an enthusiast socket here, not the mainstream 7700k. Since no one really confronted Intel over the shit manufacturing, expect a 1000 dollar CPU that has to be delided to overclock, and Intel telling you not to overclock it :D

Oh ok.

Well, it's still not a completely stupid move if you want upgradeability in the future.

Ex. I Buy a 7740K, but want to start a streaming channel in the future, so in a year, I upgrade to a 7920X 12-core, without needing to buy a new motherboard.

But this is just me playing devil's advocate. it's stupid that Intel has quad cores on the HEDT platform.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

2 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Oh ok.

Well, it's still not a completely stupid move if you want upgradeability in the future.

Ex. I Buy a 7740K, but want to start a streaming channel in the future, so in a year, I upgrade to a 7920X 12-core, without needing to buy a new motherboard.

But this is just me playing devil's advocate. it's stupid that Intel has quad cores on the HEDT platform.

But my point is for the cost of that 7740k, you can have a 8c/16t 1700 from Ryzen. Makes this a mute discussion. If you need cores, Ryzen is the answer.

Hell, while a 1600 beats a 7600k, Ryzen is the answer period. 

Just now, App4that said:

But my point is for the cost of that 7740k, you can have a 8c/16t 1700 from Ryzen. Makes this a mute discussion. If you need cores, Ryzen is the answer.

He;;, while a 1600 beats a 7600k, Ryzen is the answer period. 

Yeah I know.

Intel still thinks they're the only relevant ones.

But it pisses me off to no end how "Intel core inside" is on every advertisement for a PC, and therefore an average consumer who doesn't see an "intel core inside" logo on a computer thinks it's garbage. if AMD had a better brand image, they would sell WAY more CPUs.

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

Yeah I know.

Intel still thinks they're the only relevant ones.

But it pisses me off to no end how "Intel core inside" is on every advertisement for a PC, and therefore an average consumer who doesn't see an "intel core inside" logo on a computer thinks it's garbage. if AMD had a better brand image, they would sell WAY more CPUs.

Worse, they buy Intel then are told not to overclock the k skew they paid extra for. If you look at the difference between the 4790k and the 6700k, the fps difference is largely the DDR4. I wouldn't be shocked in a 5% increase in IPC with Skylake X. Kabylake X should be enough to turn the community against Intel. 

5 minutes ago, App4that said:

Worse, they buy Intel then are told not to overclock the k skew they paid extra for. If you look at the difference between the 4790k and the 6700k, the fps difference is largely the DDR4. I wouldn't be shocked in a 5% increase in IPC with Skylake X. Kabylake X should be enough to turn the community against Intel. 

The tech community will (and already kinda is) hating on Kabylake-X (those quad-cores on X299). however, tech enthusiasts don't count for much compared to the tens of millions of systems that groups like Dell or HP ship out. and until Ryzen can get into prebuilts, it's going to be very niche, and won't give AMD the boost they need.

Desktop:

Laptop:

The tech community will (and already kinda is) hating on Kabylake-X (those quad-cores on X299). however, tech enthusiasts don't count for much compared to the tens of millions of systems that groups like Dell or HP ship out. and until Ryzen can get into prebuilts, it's going to be very niche, and won't give AMD the boost they need.

Yeah, we need Ryzen pre builts for sure. 

the i7's are like the cod of cpu's , the i9's are like those pay to win games where the more you spend the bigger the epeen even though in most cases they have a small advantage. 

a Pentium is like free to play

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

9 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

the i7's are like the cod of cpu's , the i9's are like those pay to win games where the more you spend the bigger the epeen even though in most cases they have a small advantage. 

You just made my day. I also have coffee on my screen, I'll send you the bill. 

2 hours ago, Jumper118 said:

Says the guy who spends money on a phase coolers and uses thousands of watts to cool those cheaper chips.  Your logic is a bit skewed.   :P

3 hours ago, App4that said:

Since no one really confronted Intel over the shit manufacturing, expect a 1000 dollar CPU that has to be delided to overclock

No, the i9s will be soldered :D (Not the i7s tho)

and Intel telling you not to overclock it :D

Nooo, what Intel said is: if you don't want your CPU to overheat don't overclock it, as overclocking will void your warranty and will make your CPU run hot...

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

3 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Says the guy who spends money on a phase coolers and uses thousands of watts to cool those cheaper chips.  Your logic is a bit skewed.   :P

Makes as much sense as buying a Pentium and a Kraken X62 or a custom loop xD

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Makes as much sense as buying a Pentium and a Kraken X62 or a custom loop xD

phase cooler normally get 100% back what you paid for it. i9 looses 1/2 value in a year when the next one comes out :P also most pentiums are probably worth more points than an i9.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

3 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

No, the i9s will be soldered :D (Not the i7s tho)

Nooo, what Intel said is: if you don't want your CPU to overheat don't overclock it, as overclocking will void your warranty and will make your CPU run hot...

Overclocking does not void your warranty. Deliding to fix Intel shit manufacturing does though. 

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Overclocking does not void your warranty. Deliding to fix Intel shit manufacturing does though. 

Overclocking does indeed void your warranty.  It's not endorsed and for the most part completely overlooked, but that doesn't change the fact the running a chip outside of specification voids your warranty.  

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Overclocking does indeed void your warranty.  It's not endorsed and for the most part completely overlooked, but that doesn't change the fact the running a chip outside of specification voids your warranty.  

What? No... How did you ever come to that? Overclocking does not void the warranty on a K skew CPU. 

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

What? No... How did you ever come to that? Overclocking does not void the warranty on a K skew CPU. 

It applies to any Intel CPU.  Period.

AMD does the same thing with different wording.  

Will they deny your claim?  Probably only if someone is stupid enough to admit to running 1.78v through their CPU.  xD

5.JPG

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

It applies to any Intel CPU.  Period.

AMD does the same thing with different wording.  

Will they deny your claim?  Probably only if someone is stupid enough to admit to running 1.78v through their CPU.  xD

How bout no?

https://click.intel.com/tuningplan/

5 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

How about that is a separate insurance plan that you pay separately in order to cover your CPU.  You don't get that coverage with your CPU.  You pay for it.

Come on man.  Not you.

Bro, it's a warranty for overclocking, and Intel is telling you NOT TO OVERCLOCK xD

Bro, it's a warranty for overclocking, and Intel is telling you NOT TO OVERCLOCK xD

Intel just backing his ass as a normal warning to consumer about overclock.. standard protection from manufacturer from idiots who burn their cpu and will ask for RMA..

Now for the AMD part,

It is for sure the best option if you need cores but intel still rules the gaming market with the 7700K performance.

Ryzen still a very decent and awesome solution to gaming and gotta say for the price ryzen is amazing and probably best option in many cases now like theres no point to buy an i5 nowadays even for gaming :P for the i7 its close, and the i9 edition, we will see their price and performance vs ryzen.. could be interesting lets see how intel face this

12 hours ago, App4that said:

It does, as @done12many2 pointed out. You can purchase the tuning plan, but that's not included, so if you don't buy it you will void your warranty if you overclock.

But they can't tell if you overclocked your CPU, unless you run like 1.8+V through it :D

14 hours ago, vtecmastery said:

Intel just backing his ass as a normal warning to consumer about overclock.. standard protection from manufacturer from idiots who burn their cpu and will ask for RMA..

Now for the AMD part,

It is for sure the best option if you need cores but intel still rules the gaming market with the 7700K performance.

Ryzen still a very decent and awesome solution to gaming and gotta say for the price ryzen is amazing and probably best option in many cases now like theres no point to buy an i5 nowadays even for gaming :P for the i7 its close, and the i9 edition, we will see their price and performance vs ryzen.. could be interesting lets see how intel face this

No, Intel does not "rule" the gaming market with a CPU that has toothpaste for thermal paste ;p Intel has an advantage of a few average fps at 1080p, but loses in the frametime which is more important. 

18 minutes ago, App4that said:

No, Intel does not "rule" the gaming market with a CPU that has toothpaste for thermal paste ;p Intel has an advantage of a few average fps at 1080p,

I wouldn't go as far as saying they rule, but it is the best option currently for gaming specific builds where performance is the focus.  

In the end, it doesn't matter what any of our opinions are.  Intel is selling them like hot cakes.  

18 minutes ago, App4that said:

but loses in the frametime which is more important. 

In some cases yes, in others no.  Just like anything else out there, it depends on the game and circumstances.  

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

I wouldn't go as far as saying they rule, but it is the best option currently for gaming specific builds where performance is the focus.  

In the end, it doesn't matter what any of our opinions are.  Intel is selling them like hot cakes.  

In some cases yes, in others no.  Just like anything else out there, it depends on the game and circumstances.  

Ryzen is selling too. Intel sells because people are slow to catch up. As more and more poeple figure out they're throwing money away by buying Intel, Intel will responde.