2 x asus r9 290x (small overclock)

16gb ram

asus rog vii motherboard

custom watercooling with 3 ocool radiators 

cpu is cooled by a 480mm x 60mm and the gpu with a 280 x 80mm

120gb ssd

2 x 2tb wd black hard drives

phanteks primoo case

i had to heavily mod the case to get the radiators in, along with the 2 reservoirs

the pc runs perfectly and temps are amazing under load

this is pretty petty but my only problem is it looks a bit messy and clumsyIMG_8368.thumb.JPG.47547a098931ed957dac7575a45ad637.JPGIMG_8369.thumb.JPG.b6ab08b1584ea3e40cae493cba0334d2.JPGIMG_8413.thumb.JPG.1c4f0321d37e491c097bd67f51d56f9c.JPGafterburner.thumb.JPG.b7e02c93de4f29273a5c3aa8c8efae85.JPGafterburner2.thumb.JPG.cb12673898f536216bc76394be69f551.JPGafterburner3.thumb.JPG.6af73b2a929cc1ba4f41981b1f251ff1.JPG

temps under load on a full stress test

4 minutes ago, chefjrf said:

but my only problem is it looks a bit messy and clumsy

That's what I want to say

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Just now, ZM Fong said:

That's what I want to say

any advice on how to clean it up, it was a nightmare putting them pipes in, you can tell by the way it looks that i was getting frustrated

Just now, chefjrf said:

any advice on how to clean it up, it was a nightmare putting them pipes in, you can tell by the way it looks that i was getting frustrated

A lot of zip ties xD Hard pipe would work really nice if you have to budget and skill to do it

Intel 7600K Over Clocked to 4.8 jibahurtz, GTX 1080 Founders Edition space heater, Cooler Master 212 Evo jet engine, 8GB DDR4 Ballistic Ram, 250GB hyperX ssd, Fractel Design Define S, Blue snowball on an arm mount, mismatched god monitors, dual keyboards, LG mouse (no vital signs, Think it died.)

Just now, unholyprfection said:

A lot of zip ties xD Hard pipe would work really nice if you have to budget and skill to do it

haha

thanks for the reply

i dont have the skills to do that unfortunately, this alone was bad enough

Just now, chefjrf said:

haha

thanks for the reply

i dont have the skills to do that unfortunately, this alone was bad enough

I lack that skill to don't worryxD
I did how ever use a ton of zip ties in my old build (tiny case) and it helped a lot. With my new PC I just got a bigger case

Intel 7600K Over Clocked to 4.8 jibahurtz, GTX 1080 Founders Edition space heater, Cooler Master 212 Evo jet engine, 8GB DDR4 Ballistic Ram, 250GB hyperX ssd, Fractel Design Define S, Blue snowball on an arm mount, mismatched god monitors, dual keyboards, LG mouse (no vital signs, Think it died.)

Where are those pipes going that have the 90 pointed to the bottom?

If you could find some better looking pci-e cables or better run that would help the look a bunch I think

OAS || AAS || LLS

I have never done water cooling and I would most likely lose patience as well when trying to work that out in such a small case :D

Just now, unholyprfection said:

I lack that skill to don't worryxD
I did how ever use a ton of zip ties in my old build (tiny case) and it helped a lot. With my new PC I just got a bigger case

thanks for the advice

ill give it a go, this case is huge but the 3 radiators take up so much space

Very true lol

17 minutes ago, chefjrf said:

this is pretty petty but my only problem is it looks a bit messy and clumsy

Maybe try and tuck in some of those GPU power cables? That can help a lot when trying to make a build look good.

8 minutes ago, Superspeed07 said:

Where are those pipes going that have the 90 pointed to the bottom?

If you could find some better looking pci-e cables or better run that would help the look a bunch I think

you cant see it that well unfortunately

that pipe is going into the pump

IMG_8417.JPG

8 minutes ago, chefjrf said:

you cant see it that well unfortunately

that pipe is going into the pump

ah I see, did you try without the 90 to the pump? I feel like a single run without the joint would look cleaner, if your psu is moduler I would look into a couple of pci-e cables that are just 8 pin and just 6 pin so that way you don't have the extra pieces, and then run then from the grommets by the sata cables.

for the run from the pump to the mobo I would move that to the right side cpu, then from the left cpu to the to of the mobo, then go from the left bottom mobo to the rad. I feel like your gpu loop would benefit more from a couple 90's, really hard to see though because of the pcie cables.

OAS || AAS || LLS

8 minutes ago, mutedcurmudgeon said:

Maybe try and tuck in some of those GPU power cables? That can help a lot when trying to make a build look good.

gonna give that a go, thanks

Just now, chefjrf said:

gonna give that a go, thanks

Also when you have some money laying around  some LEDs and some good compression fittings can make a hell of a difference as well.

2 minutes ago, Superspeed07 said:

ah I see, did you try without the 90 to the pump? I fee like a single run without the joint would look cleaner, if your psu is moduler I would look into a couple of pci-e cables that are just 8 pin and just 6 pin so that way you don't have the extra pieces, and then run then from the grommets by the sata cables.

for the run from the pump to the mobo I would move that to the right side cpu, then from the left cpu to the to of the mobo, then go from the left bottom mobo to the rad. I feel like your gpu loop would benefit more from a couple 90's, really hard to see though because of the pcie cables.

the psu is modular so i can get the cables quite easily

never thought of running the cables as you said as i was following a tutorial originally, looking at it now, its black and white!!

great bit of advice, thankyou very much i really appreciate it

4 minutes ago, mutedcurmudgeon said:

Also when you have some money laying around  some LEDs and some good compression fittings can make a hell of a difference as well.

yeah, i looked into compression fittings, gonna get some when i next drain this out

Just now, chefjrf said:

gonna get some when i next drain this out

Yeah that would definitely spruce things up. For your build I'd look for some matte black ones, that would look cool.

Also, if your PSU is modular (I assume it is) try and find some nice sleeved cables from cablemod, those red pci power connectors are throwing it off a bit as well.

Other than that maybe some minor adjustments to your loop, repositioning some things. That's pretty much it from me.

3 minutes ago, mutedcurmudgeon said:

Yeah that would definitely spruce things up. For your build I'd look for some matte black ones, that would look cool.

Also, if your PSU is modular (I assume it is) try and find some nice sleeved cables from cablemod, those red pci power connectors are throwing it off a bit as well.

Other than that maybe some minor adjustments to your loop, repositioning some things. That's pretty much it from me.

superspeed07 said the same thing

i followed a guide installing the waterloop, it was so difficult and frustration kicked in, hence the mess

the pc itself runs fine and cool which was the goal but i cant stop looking at it and getting annoyed

thanks for the advice, gonna go with the new cables and change the loop next time i drain it, your right about the pci connectors, there hideous haha

just wanna say thanks to you guys for the advice, used forums alot but this is the first time ive joined one and posted

was expecting to get some abuse on the untidiness but you've all been really positive and helpful 

Just now, chefjrf said:

it was so difficult and frustration kicked in,

Yeah man, just keep calm, I wouldn't necesarily follow a guide, things can vary a lot from case to case. Just take your time putting down the measurments and executing them. Just be patient. Just make sure you plan things out. :D

1 minute ago, chefjrf said:

was expecting to get some abuse on the untidiness but you've all been really positive and helpful 

Nah man, pretty much everyone on LTT forums is pretty nice. (until the red vs. blue and red vs. green wars commence) Ask questions on here and they'll for sure be answered. ;)

2 minutes ago, mutedcurmudgeon said:

Yeah man, just keep calm, I wouldn't necesarily follow a guide, things can vary a lot from case to case. Just take your time putting down the measurments and executing them. Just be patient. Just make sure you plan things out. :D

Nah man, pretty much everyone on LTT forums is pretty nice. (until the red vs. blue and red vs. green wars commence) Ask questions on here and they'll for sure be answered. ;)

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, mutedcurmudgeon said:

feeling the love, haha

• 5 months later...

update to my pc

got rid of the 290x crossfire cards and went for a single gtx 1080ti

went for a thermal take p5 case and hardline tubing

next step is to put the gnu into the loop, wasn't going to do this originally as i liked the look of the cards and wasn't that bothered about overclocking so the temps weren't too bad but after installing it, i think it clashes, will post more pics when this is done

IMG_9277.JPG