Need GPU for this build

Stardar1

Build (NOTE PURCHASED PARTS): 

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/V3TDyf
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/V3TDyf/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  (Purchased For $0.00) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler  ($158.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME Z270-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - MX300 525GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($146.98 @ Directron) 
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Case Accessory: NZXT - Hue+ LED Controller  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Total: $605.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-08 14:56 EDT-0400

The parts marked purchased are in my possession and will not be changed. I am open to suggestion on the other parts, but I am pretty set on the X62.

Monitors (Purchased):

1 27" 2560x1440p QNix (Overclockable to 91 Hz)

1 25" LG 2560x1080p widescreen (75 Hz)

Additional constraints:

Color neutral (Black/Silver/Gray/White/RGB)

Backplate (either factory installed or available separately, but price on backplate matters)

RGB:

I have the NZXT Hue Plus, and plan to get the Kraken x62. the lights on those will sync. 

the lights on the motherboard and RAM (and eventual RGB strips maybe) will sync

If I get an ASUS Aura GPU, it will sync with the mobo/RAM, which would be ideal (as opposed to a Gigabyte or EVGA with their own lighting systems)

If anyone knows software that will let me sync ASUS Aura, Logitech RGB, NZXT CAM, etc. Please let me know, it will make my life a lot easier.

I'm deciding between the 1070, 1080 and 1080ti. Price isn't that big a deal, but I want it to be justified (1080 looks pretty good). I'm not opposed to AMD, but I was looking for something more powerful than a single RX 580, so I'd have to crossfire, and I only have a 750W PSU. 

Thanks

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

• ASUS 1080 Strix
  • ASUS 1080 Ti Strix
  • Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
  • EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

Get the 1080 Ti if you can afford it, if you can't afford it, the 1080 is fine

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Asus ROG Geforce GTX 1080 STRIX. This card is a neutral charcoal grey, it has a backplate, and it even has rgb.

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:
  • ASUS 1080 Strix
  • ASUS 1080 Ti Strix
  • Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
  • EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

Get the 1080 Ti if you can afford it, if you can't afford it, the 1080 is fine

the 1080 looked like a better deal to me, especially considering that i dont plan on doing VR anytime soon. 

Just now, celeron+titan said:

Asus ROG Geforce GTX 1080 STRIX. This card is a neutral charcoal grey, it has a backplate, and it even has rgb.

The ASUS 1080 looked nice, but I was wondering how it stacked up to options from EVGA, or to the MSI Sea Hawk X. 

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Buy whatever 1080 is cheapest. Brand doesn't matter. They're all 1080's, and they're all cooled exactly the same way (except reference cards).

3 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

The ASUS 1080 looked nice, but I was wondering how it stacked up to options from EVGA, or to the MSI Sea Hawk X. 

The STRIX 1080 is better than the EVGA 1080s and I would avoid MSI TBH.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

All Nvidia's 1080s are a frame or two apart. Don't bother choosing a gpu based on which is the best. It's a 1080. That's all you need to know. If buying strix, go with the OC model, it offers more power limit headroom.

Gtx 1080 will run everything you want on 1440p, but something like Witcher 3 or AC syndicate will still struggle to break that 60fps mark when maxed out. 

I'd take the 1080ti for "futureproofing". 

If you can afford it - get it. 

Just now, 1kv said:

Buy whatever 1080 is cheapest. Brand doesn't matter. They're all 1080's, and they're all cooled exactly the same way (except reference cards).

That's not entirely true. many cards use the base PCB from NVidia (EVGA Hybrid), but some brands add their own stuff to the PCB to improve cooling or speed. 

Either way, the aesthetics do matter to me, and I'm ok spending an extra $40 to make it look better and run cooler. 

Solitaire. 

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

The STRIX 1080 is better than the EVGA 1080s and I would avoid MSI TBH.

I've had several EVGA GPUs and had great performance from all of them. Is there any particular reason that the ASUS is better? 

Solitaire. 

1 minute ago, Light-Yagami said:

All Nvidia's 1080s are a frame or two apart. Don't bother choosing a gpu based on which is the best. It's a 1080. That's all you need to know. If buying strix, go with the OC model, it offers more power limit headroom.

Gtx 1080 will run everything you want on 1440p, but something like Witcher 3 or AC syndicate will still struggle to break that 60fps mark when maxed out. 

I'd take the 1080ti for "futureproofing". 

If you can afford it - get it. 

I don't play those games. the most GPU intensive game I play is probably GTA V. 

Solitaire. 

3 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

I've had several EVGA GPUs and had great performance from all of them. Is there any particular reason that the ASUS is better? 

There really is no difference except there is RGB "Aura" lighting on the ASUS one.

If you want to have Aura working for your mobo, gpu etc. then ASUS is the way to go.

It's entirely up to you though as I'm not the one using the system, it's you, and you can get what you want for your PC. :P

Just now, Stardar1 said:

The VRMs blew up on a few FTW and SC cards. The FTW2 and SC2 have no such issues, but the ASUS STRIX has a larger cooler, this is why it's better ;)

1 minute ago, Stardar1 said:

I don't play those games. the most GPU intensive game I play is probably GTA V. 

One more suggestion before I go.

You don't want the cheapest 1080 you can find. You want good power fase design and 8+8 pin config. It will help you with consistency of the clock speed and GPU will thank you in the long run. Cooling isn't a problem as long as it's not a refrence design and usually higher tier 1080s have great cooling.

1 minute ago, 1kv said:

There really is no difference except there is RGB "Aura" lighting on the ASUS one.

If you want to have Aura working for your mobo, gpu etc. then ASUS is the way to go.

It's entirely up to you though as I'm not the one using the system, it's you, and you can get what you want for your PC. :P

I mean, I already have different lighting systems with the NZXT CAM software and Logitech peripherals, so one more can't hurt. 

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

The VRMs blew up on a few FTW and SC cards. The FTW2 and SC2 have no such issues, but the ASUS STRIX has a larger cooler, this is why it's better ;)

Wasn't aware of the VRM Issue, I'll look in to that. 

As for the larger cooler, how does that compare to the MSI Sea Hawk hybrid cooling system?

Solitaire. 

1 minute ago, Light-Yagami said:

You want good power fase design and 8+8 pin config.

8+8pin? That's not true.... 8-pin 1080s are just as good....

The other thing about the EVGA GPU that I liked was that I could use this:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814998143

Which would both look great and make managing cables easier. 

Solitaire. 

2 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

As for the larger cooler, how does that compare to the MSI Sea Hawk hybrid cooling system?

I would avoid the MSI card. If you want a Hybrid card, get the EVGA Hybrid 1080

I would avoid MSI. If you want a Hybrid card, get the EVGA Hybrid 1080

Why should I avoid MSI?

Solitaire. 

Just now, Stardar1 said:

I mean, I already have different lighting systems with the NZXT CAM software and Logitech peripherals, so one more can't hurt. 

Wasn't aware of the VRM Issue, I'll look in to that. 

MSI coolers are brilliant at doing their job, especially the Twin Frozr coolers.

My friend has an MSI 750 ti overclocked to reach the spec of a 950 (pretty huge overclock, i have to say.) with a custom bios and it runs like a dream. It gets to 70C under heavy load but at idle it stays around 40-50C.

I personally can't recommend any as I have a reference card with a different fan design :P

Just now, Stardar1 said:

Why should I avoid MSI?

It has a reference PCB. (I fixed my post now xD)

So does the EVGA Hybrid last I checked. 

Solitaire. 

Doesn't matter IMO. A 1080 is a 1080. You're still getting the BRILLIANT performance that you get with a 1080. 

Just now, Stardar1 said:

So does the EVGA Hybrid last I checked. 

It is a FTW:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487266

Just now, 1kv said:

Doesn't matter IMO. A 1080 is a 1080. You're still getting the BRILLIANT performance that you get with a 1080. 

True, but a custom PCB is preferable ;)

True, but a custom PCB is preferable ;)

Yeah, although wouldn't it be unsupported by Nvidia? (I have absolutely no bloody idea what I'm talking about lol)