What is the best web code to learn?

upliftsleet1974

So I have been working on learning html (not for much time only a few hours)

Edit: Okay so what I am asking is what is the best to learn?

This is what I am doing at this point http://www.codecademy.com/tracks/web

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Java script?

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

You need to know HTML 5 and i would recommend CSS

Then PHP IMO

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Well, one is a markup language, and the other is a programming language. Can't really compare the two.

Well, one is a markup language, and the other is a programming language. Can't really compare the two.

Oh I did not know this....I am a noob to all of this 

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

You use ruby/php/asp.net to generate HTML on the server side, which is sent to the client and rendered. You need to know HTML/CSS/javascript to be able to use any of the other languages, and you don't need the other languages to create html, you can just open the HTML file in your browser.

HTTP/2 203

If you are asking which one to start with being new at coding, i say PHP is the easiest to learn, if you want to start with a more advance coding that will make it easier to learn other coding, then C++ or MYSQL in my opinion is the way to go.

For me learning MySQL first made is very simple to learn and understand Java, C++, HTML,PHP and CSS faster and alot easier, but I'm a person that will take the challenge of learning all the hard stuff first, to make it easier on me in the end when learning other stuff related to it.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I updated the topic....As I have learned a few things after posting the topic :)

After you got that done, learn javascript/jquery

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

If you are asking which one to start with being new at coding, i say PHP is the easiest to learn, if you want to start with a more advance coding that will make it easier to learn other coding, then C++ or MYSQL in my opinion is the way to go.

For me learning MySQL first made is very simple to learn and understand Java, C++, HTML,PHP and CSS faster and alot easier, but I'm a person that will take the challenge of learning all the hard stuff first, to make it easier on me in the end when learning other stuff related to it.

wait, what? how did MySQL a database query language help you with understanding Java / C++ ? :D

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

wait, what? how did MySQL a database query language help you with understanding Java / C++ ? :D

LOL :D Coding is coding and language is language. at least that's how I learned it, I took what I learned from MySQL and implemented how C++ is written out. It was just simple for me to learn, but I guess I'm not your average person either LOL. I got my master degree in computer science and networking along with my associates degree in computer programing (8) years of curses and graduated in about 4 and 1/2 years. I learn stuff extremely fast when it's something I like doing/learning. :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

So I have been working on learning html (not for much time only a few hours)

Edit: Okay so what I am asking is what is the best to learn?

This is what I am doing at this point http://www.codecademy.com/tracks/web

Nothing wrong with what you are doing. Understanding the fundamentals of html and csss are important for any web work. Once you have mastered that, you can move on to learn client side programming likely with java.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

LOL :D Coding is coding and language is language. at least that's how I learned it, I took what I learned from MySQL and implemented how C++ is written out. It was just simple for me to learn, but I guess I'm not your average person either LOL. I got my master degree in computer science and networking along with my associates degree in computer programing (8) years of curses and graduated in about 4 and 1/2 years. I learn stuff extremely fast when it's something I like doing/learning. :)

*grml* ... yeah ... but SQL and coding? I guess (My)SQL is essential anyway if you really want to learn about 'web code'.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

HTML 5 with CSS

And for actual programming probably PHP or Javascript

PHP and javascript are completely different. You could use javascript on the server using node.js, but it's not really ideal compared to PHP or ASP.net.

HTTP/2 203

HTML with CSS is a must as it is a foundation to everything being displayed on a web browser.

I believe next up is Javascript because it requires minimal to no setup at all.

Note that Javascript & jQuery is client-side programming which runs on web browser.

Server-side programming such as PHP, Ruby, Python etc. runs on the server first before a web browser downloads the information.

After Javascript, you can expand your client-side programming with jQuery and do many things you couldn't do easier with Javascript alone or try out server-side programming.

I would suggest starting out with PHP as it should be the simplest to setup nowadays.

With jQuery, you can do fancy stuff like animation with dramatically simplified code compared to Javascript.

You could do some animation with CSS3 as well.

HTML5, Javascript, Jquery and CSS are the core components you need to know in order to develop webpages.  If you want to do web applications you'll also want to learn SQL (Oracle and MySQL), ASP.NET and  C# or VB.NET.  You could also learn stuff like cold fusion, php and such, but honestly for developer jobs starting out with the .NET languages is a good place to start.