"The O'Neill" - $2500 Nvidia Gaming Build, what do you think?

Titanic Kiwi
vlcsnap-2013-11-20-14h57m48s249.png

Hi there! 
My old Radeon HD 5850 + Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 system is not holding up well. I'm in the process of ordering this new system, what do you think about it?   :)

PS
Don't obsess too much over the prices. I live in Italy, so they are not exactly the prices that I can get here anyway. 

CPU:  Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($309.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler:  Noctua NH-U14S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($69.99 @ Mwave) 
Motherboard:  Asus MAXIMUS VI FORMULA ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($295.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage:  Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($219.00 @ Amazon) 
Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card:  EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card  ($699.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case:  Corsair 750D ATX Full Tower Case  ($139.99 @ Microcenter) 
Total: $2380.90

EDIT: I forgot... I'm also new! Hi everybody  :)
------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Here's the updated build, I have already ordered these pieces. I have also updated the prices, they are now in EUR and they are what I ultimately paid. 

CPU Cooler:  Corsair H110 94.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (125.00 EUR) 
Motherboard:  Asus MAXIMUS VI FORMULA ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (265.00 EUR) 
Storage:  Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  (277.00 EUR) 
Video Card:  EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card  (680.00 EUR) 
Case:  Corsair 750D ATX Full Tower Case  (162.00 EUR) 
Total: 2401.00 EUR

Yes, I did not change much from the first build. Here's the reasons why I did not follow many of your advices. 

CPU: I am going to do some video editing with it. And this is the best non-extreme CPU around. It will perform better than the i5 in gaming, especially in future games (probably). Yes, it costs a lot more, but for me, it's worth it.

Cooler: It's more expensive than the Noctua and it's noisier, but the temps are slightly lower and the cooler is not pressed agains other components. (The Noctua would have ended up extremely close to the GPU and RAM) Also it provides better airflow in the case, resulting in better cooling for the other components in the case. 

Motherboard: I chose this one because: 
1) It has amazing on-board audio
2) It has 10 sata ports (I need almost all of them, I have a lot of HDDs)
3) It has many USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports, I need almost all of them.
4) I like it.

RAM: I KNOW! 32 GB is not needed for gaming. I have 16 GB on my laptop, and It's almost always completely full! I have 8 GB on my current gaming PC and it's almost always full. Yes, 16 GB would have been enough, but 32 GB provides me more peace of mind.  I chose the 2400Mhz CL10 because it has more bandwidth and it didn't cost a lot more than the 1600Mhz. 

SSD: I realized that 256 is not going to cut it, I need more space than that. Besides the EVO has a good price and great performance. 

GPU: Many of you don't realize this but... not everybody wants a SLI set-up! Why?
1) My energy bill is already very high at the moment.  
2) Single CPU is a more consistent experience.
3) I don't want to spend more than 1K EUR for 2 GPU that I'm most likely going to sell as soon as Maxwell comes out with more memory and superior performances. 
4) I'm playing in 1080p
5) I'm already over budget. To go SLI I needed to compromise on other components.  (which I was not willing to do)
I could have bought an AMD GPU (like the R9 290), saving a lot of money, but they are awfully loud and use a lot of power. Moreover, I have an AMD GPU at the moment, and I'm not satisfied at all with the drivers and software that they provide. (raptr for instance is a pile of shit)

Case: I LOVE THIS CASE! I bought this a month ago and I already have my current gaming pc in it. It is soo beautiful, I love the big glass/plastic window. It has a lot of space for HDDs, SSDs and amazing cable organization. 

Power Supply: I like the fact that this PSU has Corsair Link built-in, so I can monitor power consumption on the fly. Additionally, this is a Platinum PSU, which is very efficient. I could have gone for the 760 W model, since I don't plan to add a second GPU, but I didn't because it costs only 20 EUR less. 

Even if I already bought all of the pieces, I'm still open to critique. Please, feel free to keep telling what you think about this gaming machine.  :D 

Looks great but you could get the same performance for much less. 

i7 and 32gb of ram is not needed unless you do a lot of editing.

current system:  i5 2500k @4.5ghz cooled by antec 620 - asrock z77 extreme 4 - 8gb corsair RAM - MSI Twin Frorz 7950 in crossfire - XFX 850w  - Fractal design R4 - samsung 840 120gb ssd - 500gb wd blue hdd - 1440p korean qnix monitor (love it!)

i7 and 32GB of RAM for gamin'?

I know, 32GB is too much at the moment. But I got a much better price/GB in comparison to 16GB kits. 

you just picked ALL of the stuff you dont need....

get i5

get 8 gigs of NORMAL!!!! ram (1600MHz)

get a cheaper mobo

get second 780ti

get ALL THE FRAMES!!!

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

I know, 32GB is too much at the moment. But I got a much better price/GB in comparison to 16GB kits. 

yes but you dont get a much better FPS /dollar comparison (you will gain 0 fps with that ram and also gain 0 fps gain with 2400 mhz ram)

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

you just picked ALL of the stuff you dont need....

get i5

get 8 gigs of NORMAL!!!! ram (1600MHz)

get a cheaper mobo

get second 780ti

get ALL THE FRAMES!!!

With Haswell, wouldn't two 780 Ti in SLI be bottlenecked by the dual 8x PCI-E 3.0?

Unless you are sure that you will use this PC for rendering don't get more than 16GB. Also, an i7 isn't better for games than an i5, hyper-threaded cores aren't real cores and don't do anything that a normal core would do, they just schedule data to be used faster.

With Haswell, wouldn't two 780 Ti in SLI be bottlenecked by the dual 8x PCI-E 3.0?

noooo, please everyone stop worrying about bottlenecking.... PLZ!!! you will see a 1-3 FPS drop with 2 cards in x16 vs 2 cards in x8...

Unless you are sure that you will use this PC for rendering don't get more than 16GB. Also, an i7 isn't better for games than an i5, hyper-threaded cores aren't real cores and don't do anything that a normal core would do, they just schedule data to be used faster.

Which CPU that has a similar gaming performance to the i7-4770k would you suggest?

Well, that is not completely true. 

Source: Corsair Blog

that is a 3 monitor setup, i ment a normal setup.

Which CPU that has a similar gaming performance to the i7-4770k would you suggest?

4670K.... GPU is much more important with gaming, i7 only benifits in video editing

This is not exactly what I call "no benefit" :)

please stop!!! 6 fps isnt noticable.... bf4 just is a CPU intesive game, thats like 15 dollars per FPS gain, that nothing

ohhhh 2 frames!

Well, yes. But with next-gen games coming... isn't the memory bandwidth going to be much more important? I mean PS3 has almost 180 GB/s, XBOX 3 has almost 70 GB/s. 

Welcome! What i would do:

Get an i5 (4670k)

8 GB Ram

2x 780 in SLI. Screw the 780 ti (I can almost get 2x 780 for the same price as a 780 ti where i live O.o)

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Sounds like you are a stubborn PC builder to me.

*Please take no offense

A bit, yes  ^_^

Welcome! What i would do:

Get an i5 (4670k)

8 GB Ram

2x 780 in SLI. Screw the 780 ti (I can almost get 2x 780 for the same price as a 780 ti where i live O.o)

That's interesting. 

Try this, this will give you much better gaming performance for the money. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/24jPM

Try this, this will give you much better gaming performance for the money. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/24jPM

^this

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Well, yes. But with next-gen games coming... isn't the memory bandwidth going to be much more important? I mean PS3 has almost 180 GB/s, XBOX 3 has almost 70 GB/s. 

thats because that is also the graphics memory.

hello