r9 290 to r9 290x

James_AJ

Both 290 and 290x have true audio. The rest of the r9 lineup (x or not) has no true audio since they're old gpus.

Thanks for correcting me :)

Both 290 and 290x have true audio. The rest of the r9 lineup (x or not) has no true audio since they're old gpus.

Doesn't the 260X or 270X also have it?

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

"AMD True Audio only is available at the R7 260X and the upcoming Radeon R9-290 and R9-290X." source

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I thought the X models had true audio? Which was a hardware implementation?

290 290X and 260X have true audio.

"AMD True Audio only is available at the R7 260X and the upcoming Radeon R9-290 and R9-290X." source

It's also available on an older card- the 7790. Just that AMD didn't tell us.

That's why I said r9 lineup the 260X is an r7 and the 270X won't be getting true audio because it's a Piledriver GPU stright from an HD 7870GHz  :lol: . 

Pretty neat since the 7950 wasn't bios flashable to a 7970

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

I thoght the 290 was insane before this.

same :P but now it's insaner (not a thing but they made it one)

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

This is more than likely something AMD does to keep products that fail a certain QC test they internally run. Same as they did for previous CPUs, if the cores don't perform as required they just turn them off and sell them as a slightly lower end product. Now you might still be able to turn those back on and more than likely not notice any loss compared to the 290X but it's probably there even if it is miniscule.

Considering i unlocked my Asus radeon 6950 direct cu II ---> 6970 i am really not surprised.

But i can imagine there will be issues with temperatures at least, not to mention stability. With my card

either i can have it clocked super high as a 6950 or unlock it to a 6970 and moderately clock it otherwise

it becomes super unstable. I'm assuming 290's are they way they are for the same reasons as past generations,

that being that they aren't up to snuff. So as much as unlocking it will get you extra power, don't

expect it to be super stable.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

20nm is going to be where its at hopefully they can nearly double the cores in the GPU without many complications, and have a large jump in performance

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

lol why is my topic inside of this?

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Arrrr. This is intuiging considering the r9 290 has less cores than the 290x and they generally make the cards with lazered off cores unlike in the HD6000 series.

Unless they have repeated that and made every gamer / hacker super happy?

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

I heard someone was able to flash a 290 into a 290X and also unlock the shaders and stream processors.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

GPU: ASUS R9 290 Direct CUII  PSU: Corsair AX 860

There is a really good thread on Overclock.net on this, almost all powercolor 290's were able to be flashed, but there are some weird readings  on GPU-Z. I.e only showing 28xx shaders when in-game and going back to 25xx when on desktop.