Why 1080p needs more CPU than 4k

3 minutes ago, smokefest said:

Yea we have the same Drive.

And nope. 7700 wins in 4k benchmarks also. 

and its often 10-20% more fps, so from 100 to 120 thats 20 fps

No, how full is your drive, OS, RAM, come on...

I already showed a Ryzen CPU beating Kabylake...

If anyone asks you never saw me.

31 minutes ago, App4that said:

I know ryzen beats intel for rendering developping working etc..

Im saying for normal windows usage theres no difference in human eye

you already load everything instantly with an i7 so yeah since I dont use it as a workstation VMS or anything else that ryzen is valuable, no reason to buy a ryzen.

gaming = 7700k

workstation = ryzen

want both and agree to lose some gaming performance : ryzen

want both and agree to lose some workatatino performance : 7700k

That eazy.

34 minutes ago, App4that said:

go see latest 4k and 1080p benchmarks of many games on youtube, 7700 wins everytime in every resolution and in 90%+ of games tested

Very good thread, very informative and true. 1080p at high refresh rates does require more cpu horsepower than running 4k at 60hz!

[CPU: 4.3 GHZ I5-4670K] [MB: Gigabyte Z87-D3H] [RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1833 MHZ (8GB)]

[GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1070] [PSU: Corsair CX-750] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 2TB 7200RPM HDD / 500GB Samsung 850 EVO ] [Case: ThermalTake Chaser-MK 1]

[Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX] [Mouse: Razer DeathAdder] [Monitor: 2 x ASUS 24 INCH IPS (1440p Soon)]

Just now, smokefest said:

snip

The point of contention is you thinking the 7700k is the best gaming CPU, that's subjective. More people game at their graphics cards resolution than do outside it to see those few fps from the 7700k. That makes it, subjective. I game at 1440 with two 980ti, my fps would be the same between a 7700k and 1700.

That's the point you keep flying over. 

Just now, App4that said:

The point of contention is you thinking the 7700k is the best gaming CPU, that's subjective. More people game at their graphics cards resolution than do outside it to see those few fps from the 7700k. That makes it, subjective. I game at 1440 with two 980ti, my fps would be the same between a 7700k and 1700.

That's the point you keep flying over. 

You would get better fps with a 7700K with that setup for sure.

But yeah I do understand your point.

What YOU don't understand, is that people who buy the 7700K over the ryzen, they do that because they want the best gaming performance and they don't care about multi tasking. Theres no way a ryzen beats a 7700K in gaming. That said, no reason to buy a ryzen if you plan on building a 100% gaming pc

Anyway, Now That you stated you have a ryzen, I understand why you keep sayin ryzen is the best cpu gaming when 99% of the pc gaming community agree that the 7700k is THE best cpu for gaming

Anyway, Now That you stated you have a ryzen, I understand why you keep sayin ryzen is the best cpu gaming when 99% of the pc gaming community agree that the 7700k is THE best cpu for gaming

I don't have Ryzen, my build is on my profile, but I'll save you a click and it's a 4790k. Like I said before...

2 minutes ago, smokefest said:

You would get better fps with a 7700K with that setup for sure.

But yeah I do understand your point.

What YOU don't understand, is that people who buy the 7700K over the ryzen, they do that because they want the best gaming performance and they don't care about multi tasking. Theres no way a ryzen beats a 7700K in gaming. That said, no reason to buy a ryzen if you plan on building a 100% gaming pc

No, I'm not sure why this is so hard for you to understand. The difference is only at 1080p with a graphics card that places all the load on the CPU, a place I NEVER game at...

1 minute ago, App4that said:

I don't have Ryzen, my build is on my profile, but I'll save you a click and it's a 4790k. Like I said before...

No, I'm not sure why this is so hard for you to understand. The difference is only at 1080p with a graphics card that places all the load on the CPU, a place I NEVER game at...

no its in 4K also, thats wrong. Even in 4k the 7700K beats ryzen.. i'll show u gimme 1 sec... and btw. most common resolution is 1080p so I think it would be best to say we shud take this resolution when talkion about best cpu for gaming...

But even in 4k , theres a difference between ryzen and 7700k

1 minute ago, smokefest said:

no its in 4K also, thats wrong. Even in 4k the 7700K beats ryzen

No

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

4K with ryzen overclocked to 4.0 ghz... still lose to a 7700 in most cases

As you can see, even in 4k, the ryzen lose. 7700k always have a good 10%-20% better fps

1 minute ago, smokefest said:

4K with ryzen overclocked to 4.0 ghz... still lose to a 7700 in most cases

Did you watch the video? He says there's no difference at 4k...

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Did you watch the video? He says there's no difference at 4k...

look the numbers

AT BEST the ryzen egalize the 7700k, and in many cases the 7700 gives a good 10% more fps

here in 1080p even worse : 

Ryzen is sometings 40% less fps

also consider the framestime. Ryzen has a lot of variation, when 7700k is stable and steady

here in 1080p even worse : 

Ryzen is sometings 40% less fps

Nice try, now I know you're trolling. Those RAM speeds. 

Just now, App4that said:

Nice try, now I know you're trolling. Those RAM speeds. 

its the same ?

and ram speed almost doesnt changre anything in games....loll that comment seriously...

its the same ?

If you're not trolling, you're cherry picking. Not sure which is worse. The only game with that disparity is ROTTR, known to be an issue with Ryzen because of optimization.

Haswell-E had issues at launch like that, it's normal.

Just now, App4that said:

If you're not trolling, you're cherry picking. Not sure which is worse. The only game with that disparity is ROTTR, known to be an issue with Ryzen because of optimization.

Haswell-E had issues at launch like that, it's normal.

no all games almost all games in the 2 benchmarks ive posted runs better on the intel. why just why u keep arguing ?

Dont get me wrong, ryzen is amazing and i even told my friend to get ryzen instead of a 7700k... why ? cuz its a great cpu and my friend is not skilled in techs in general and dont need extreme gaming performance

no all games almost all games in the 2 benchmarks ive posted runs better on the intel. why just why u keep arguing ?

Dont get me wrong, ryzen is amazing and i even told my friend to get ryzen instead of a 7700k... why ? cuz its a great cpu and my friend is not skilled in techs in general and dont need extreme gaming performance

Watch your video again, watch the average for the 1800X at 4GHz, not the stock settings. Come back

Just now, App4that said:

Watch your video again, watch the average for the 1800X at 4GHz, not the stock settings. Come back

Again stupid comment. Digitalfoundry are awesome at benchmarking. 

Keep thinking what you want, ur in the wrong with all the oter 1% of the gaming community. 99% agree that ryzen is behind intel still.

Stay in the 1% as long as you want it won't change a thing

Again stupid comment. Digitalfoundry are awesome at benchmarking. 

Keep thinking what you want, ur in the wrong with all the oter 1% of the gaming community. 99% agree that ryzen is behind intel still.

Stay in the 1% as long as you want it won't change a thing

I literally told you to watch the Video YOU posted, the one that has the 1800X overclocked to 4GHz neck and neck with the 7700k in several games. At 1080p using an over powered graphics card. 

Are you having an issue understanding the topic? It's about NOT needing a crazy CPU if all you do is game at 4k.

Me and some people did a test in ROTTR at lowest settings 720P in order to put as much load on the CPU...

Not that fairly accurate but ROTTR is a CPU/GPU intensive game.

This was tested before Ryzen had it's BIOS update batch. 

53mzauzgnvny.png

2 minutes ago, Bubblewhale said:

Me and some people did a test in ROTTR at lowest settings 720P in order to put as much load on the CPU...

53mzauzgnvny.png

Yeah..

Anyway...

In all the games in the digitalfoundtry video, ryzen is losing the race.. ALL the games..

In fuckin Far Cry its 100 FPS VS 150 FPS...

In ashes of singularity its 38 VS 42

I can keep going.... ryzen lose everytime mostly...

Only place I can say ryzen is the best for gaming, is when you compare an i5 to ryzen 5

Just now, Bubblewhale said:

53mzauzgnvny.png

Smokefest took us on a trip through the weeds...

Even your test shows the 1800x offered better than playable framerates, the disparity is pointless without a way to use it.

The topic is about it being a waste of money to buy a 7700k if all you intend to do is game at 4k.