I am planning to upgrade my pc to:

Cpu: i5-3470

Gpu:  Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Ram: 8gb

Psu: 430W

Mobo: P8H61-M LX3 R2.0

But is my Psu good enough?

What PSU is it? 

430w is plenty, but the quality does matter -- although your system will consume very little power so even if it's crap it should be fine (just not ideal).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

wattage wise it is "good enough" but you will read very fast that the brand or rather quality of the build matters much more. EVGA is top teir in the eyes of most ppl on the forum. but at 430 it's most likely a low quality no brand unit so maybe concider replacing it.

I've used a number of old PSUs and the only ones i've blow up are ones i've modded so I personnaly think you will be perfectly fine, no matter what the others will say.

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

3 minutes ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

wattage wise it is "good enough" but you will read very fast that the brand or rather quality of the build matters much more. EVGA is top teir in the eyes of most ppl on the forum. but at 430 it's most likely a low quality no brand unit so maybe concider replacing it.

I've used a number of old PSUs and the only ones i've blow up are ones i've modded so I personnaly think you will be perfectly fine, no matter what the others will say.

EVGA is not a top tier, they have crap PSUs and God-like PSUs, for example, the EVGA NEX is a total crap, while the GS, G2, G3, P2, ... they are really good.

You really need to look at the particular model.

6 minutes ago, TechPioneer said:

I am planning to upgrade my pc to:

Cpu: i5-3470

Gpu:  Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Ram: 8gb

Psu: 430W

Mobo: P8H61-M LX3 R2.0

But is my Psu good enough?

What 430W unit is it? 430W is plenty but depending on the quality of the unit it may be a good idea to not keep it. I'm assuming it's a Corsair CX430 or EVGA 430W and either should be fine for a 1050ti.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||