Netflix UHD streaming for Pascal based video cards is in the works

I don't get what's with all this moaning. Are you guys ever satisfied or you just like to moan for no reason.

First of all 4K NetFlix only works with a Intel Kaby Lake cpu, so for anyone out there including me who wants to watch 4K netfilx, will have to waste money on a new system.Yes they have limited onto their 10 series cards, but,I don't see what's the problem with that. We should thank Nvidia for letting the consumer not get restriced to just kabylake for 4k netflix. We can now watch 4k netflix on any machine, as long as you have one of their geforce 10 cards.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Netflix UHD stream is a ducking joke. I meet all the requirements. I got a 7700k, took out my 970 and used the DP on the MB with the integrated graphics on the 7700k. Got a 4k monitor. Logged into NF through Edge. have 100Mbps down.

There is no way to tell if its actually streaming in UHD. There is no indicator, toggle switch, nothing. Nothing to tell you its actually working. And if it was working, it must still look like shit, because I could not tell the difference between 1080p and UHD, and i tried a bunch of shows NF says will stream in 4k. Cartoons and live action. All looked the same. Which led me to this, if it was working, and i couldn't tell, i'm not paying extra for this service, cause you have to upgrade your plan to it. (4 screens + UHD).  And if it wasn't working, then i'm actively wasting money on a service that doesn't work on my machine WHEN IT SHOULD. 

TL;DR theres no way to tell if NF is actually streaming in 4k. 

Or i could just be blind and missed something. 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2 hours ago, Junky Cat said:

ctrl + alt + shift + d will give you the resolution on Edge and the app.

On 29/04/2017 at 2:12 PM, AmazingRez97 said:

is there a reason for nvidia to rrestrict 4k netflix exclusively for pascal? any hope for maxwell or older cards?

planned obsolence

31 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

planned obsolence

It's not. It's because PlayReady requires additional hardware features which were not in Maxwell.

The Maxwell chip is (as far as we know) physically not compatible with PlayReady.

On 4/29/2017 at 2:07 PM, zMeul said:

Intel was the 1st HW vendor to actually provide Netflix UHD playback with their Kaby Lake CPUs

Not positive or maybe you're only talking about actual PC's but I'm pretty sure the Shield TV was pumping out 4k netflix a while before the release of Skaby Lake. If that's the case it would've been the tegra x1 that was first.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 minute ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Not positive or maybe you're only talking about actual PC's

just PCs

there are consoles and smart TVs that could play Netflix's UHD content way before

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

just PCs

there are consoles and smart TVs that could play Netflix's UHD content way before

Yeah that's right, now I remember the first slew of 4k TV's requiring you to buy a "4k Box" to get 4k content. At least the Samsung's at best buy did.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Well, that looks like a pain in the ass. I'll just grab the content off of the 'Bay a couple of hours after release without all the tat glued on.

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

Well i would probably give a crap if netflix had a full library in Romania instead of limited crap it has now.

Oh well. I'll stick to popcorn time until the license owners get a brain and sort this stuff out.