Ryzen 5 1600X or Core i5-7600K? Which wiil be better for gaming??

Hey guys....I was thinking to build a midrange gaming PC. My processor choice was Ryzen5 1600X. But recently I read some review about gaming perfomence of Ryzen 5 And now i am confused.

I saw here that most of the games gave better perfomence with Core i5-7600K. And then, when i think it's time for buy Core i5-7600K suddenly i find This . Here Ryzen 1600X is at no 5 and Intel 7600K is at 34..!!

So what should i do now? ( My priority is gaming So please suggest which will be better on behalf of gaming.)

And one more thing. Ryzen gives more thread But what is the Advantage of more threading? Intel always win in single thread comparison. But Ryzen wins when it becomes multithread. My question is: Do I have power of choosing thread? do i have to choose multi/single thread? Or they just do it by default when using..

7600k faster than 1600x at PURE gaming (assuming it's only using 4 cores)

you don't chose how threading works. It's basically saying does the app use one core or more than one core?

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

7600k faster than 1600x at PURE gaming (assuming it's only using 4 cores)

you don't chose how threading works. It's basically saying does the app use one core or more than one core?

I would still go 1600x over the 7600k, knowing that other apps you may use in the future will benefit with it (maybe some dabbling in video editing? fuck ton of Chrome tabs? VMs?)

I'm not saying the 1600x is shit. Kaby lake just has a IPC advantage over Zen, and currently Intel can overclock much higher (~500-600mhz, 4.5/4.6ghz) than zen (~4/4.1ghz IIRC)

difference will only be 1-6fps at max with Current games. Whichever processor you choose, it'll be good 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

The Ryzen will provide better low end frame rates in many titles.  A 4 thread CPU is starting to get outdated.  There are many titles that benefit from more than 4 threads in their low frame rates.  The i5 will provide better high end frame rates and average frame rates, but with some noticeable slow downs like I mentioned with the low frame rates in some titles.  Unless you are getting a GTX 1080 or better GPU, the Ryzen 5 will probably be the better CPU.  Check out Hardware Unboxed Ryzen 5 reviews as they offer their results with multiple GPUs.  Nevermind the multiple GPU test was with the ram speeds, but there have been tests with multiple GPUs and only the highest end GPUs of this current generation show large gaps between ryzen and intel.

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

I would still go with the 1600x as its more future proofed and right now in my opinion 4 cores isn't enough anymore, and having the extra cores just in case isn't exactly a bad idea. Also the AM4 platform will stick for a while unlike the Kabylake area, less upgradability in the future.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

Id go 1600x. Especially with how many background applications I have running at once while gaming. If that sounds like you then definately the 1600x is a safe bet. The 1 to 6 fps difference will be null with background applications if thats your case

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

After comparing the i5 and r5 series of CPUs in gaming, I have to vote for Intel, there IPC is just way better then AMD's. Sorry but I can't vote for AMD in gaming, only use AMD if you stream and game at the same time, or video edit or something. But in the end Intel is better for gaming.

The geek himself.

@noobie1

Neither.

1. Don't buy an i5 in 2017 and LGA1151 is near end of life whereas AM4 is guaranteed for a minimum of 4 years.

2. 1600 not 1600X you can easily OC to 4GHz with a 1600 non X. A better motherboard or faster RAM is more important than getting a factory overclock done for you on the X model

3. Smoother fps and better minimums on the 1600.

EDIT: Watch from here onwards

Adoredtv has the least biased reviews. He explains why any quad core even one with hyperthreading is a bad choice in 2017

If you're anything like me and prefer smooth consistent gameplay, then get the 1600x. An i5 will be the minimum for games in a couple years and the 1600x will be kicking ass.

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

The only honest answer to your question as you wrote it is the 7600k.

3 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

@noobie1

Neither.

1. Don't buy an i5 in 2017 and LGA1151 is near end of life whereas AM4 is guaranteed for a minimum of 4 years.

2. 1600 not 1600X you can easily OC to 4GHz with a 1600 non X. A better motherboard or faster RAM is more important than getting a factory overclock done for you on the X model

This doesn't sit right with me tbh. Calling an Intel motherboard "near end of life" is a very scummy way of exploiting a noob into buying AMD because Intel release new boards with new chipsets and new features more often than AMD. From the way you word it every Intel motherboard is "near end of life" becuase Intel only keeps them for two generations

@noobie1 Neither. Get a Ryzen 5 1600 (non X) or an i7-7700 (non K) with a B250 motherboard

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

5 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

After comparing the i5 and r5 series of CPUs in gaming, I have to vote for Intel, there IPC is just way better then AMD's. Sorry but I can't vote for AMD in gaming, only use AMD if you stream and game at the same time, or video edit or something. But in the end Intel is better for gaming.

2 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

i5 for gaming only

2 minutes ago, othertomperson said:

Incorrect see my above post. i5s are dead. Unless the next i5 is 4c/8t

Just now, tom_w141 said:

Incorrect see my above post.

That's the funniest thing I have seen all day.

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, tom_w141 said:

Unlocked i5s... Some locked ones are still good value ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

3 minutes ago, othertomperson said:

This doesn't sit right with me tbh. Calling an Intel motherboard "near end of life" is a very scummy way of exploiting a noob into buying AMD because Intel release new boards with new chipsets and new features more often than AMD. From the way you word it every Intel motherboard is "near end of life" becuase Intel only keeps them for two generations

two generation hop is a bit of dick move. New features ha! DDR3 to DDR4 ok I agree but they change sockets for no reason a lot of the time.

2 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

The i5 performs better. The question was which was better for gaming. Ryzen is better for other things, but right now the i5 7600K is the second best CPU for gaming, with the best being the i7 7700k.

Just now, tom_w141 said:

two generation hop is a bit of dick move. New features ha! DDR3 to DDR4 ok I agree but they change sockets for no reason a lot of the time.

As someone who is still using Sandy Bridge because it's a beast of  CPU, I don't get m.2, I don't get PCIe 3.0, I don't get USB 3.1, I don't get DDR4. If there's a feature that has been supported by Intel chipsets from 2012 until now, I don't have it. There's never a reason not to buy a new motherboard when you're buying a new processor, so all Intel's two generation hop does is ensure modern features.

3 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

Did you take into consideration how generally R5 CPUs were able to maintain higher minimums? 

Higher minimums+slightly lower averages=smaller FPS dips=a "better" experience overall :P 

Anyway, I'd agree with @PCGuy_5960, either get a 1600 non-X or an i7 7700. The 1600X isn't worth the extra over the 1600 while why de fuck would you get an i5 in this day n age when you can get an i7?

1 minute ago, othertomperson said:

but right now the i5 7600K is the second best CPU for gaming, with the best being the i7 7700k.

Nope, 6700K>7600K in gaming ;) 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just now, othertomperson said:

The i5 performs better. The question was which was better for gaming. Ryzen is better for other things, but right now the i5 7600K is the second best CPU for gaming, with the best being the i7 7700k.

When advising a purchase you have to look a head to the future. in current games the i5 is screaming at near 100% usage that is not futureproof at all. period. Watch the video, he says it how it is and is very fair. He even advises against the 1500X aswell

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

Did you take into consideration how generally R5 CPUs were able to maintain higher minimums? 

Higher minimums+slightly lower averages=smaller FPS dips=a "better" experience overall :P 

Anyway, I'd agree with @PCGuy_5960, either get a 1600 non-X or an i7 7700. The 1600X isn't worth the extra over the 1600 while why de fuck would you get an i5 in this day n age when you can get an i7?

Nope, 6700K>7600K in gaming ;) 

Hey wheres my shout out :P kidding i agree with you and the more that see that the better.

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

Nope, 6700K,7700,6700,5820K,5930K,5960X,6800K,6850K,6900K,6950X,4790K,4790,4770K,4770,3770K>7600K in gaming ;) 

FIFY ;)

1 minute ago, tom_w141 said:

Watch the video. That i5 that is being absolutely slammed all the time? Yeah where is the room for its growth?

The video shows nothing, all I see is cpu intensive crap, of cource the i5 is gonna bottleneck, also are those AMD cpus overclocked, cause if they are, then they cheating lad. The i5 is good for games sucha s gta 5, bo3, infinite warfare, etc. Those all succeed with the i5, the AMD cpu loses in this case. Have a good day.

The geek himself.

Just now, tom_w141 said:

When advising a purchase you have to look a head to the future. in current games the i5 is screaming at near 100% usage that is not futureproof at all. period. Watch the video, he says it how it is and is very fair. He even advises against the 1500X aswell

To add onto this, a i5 7600K will bottleneck a 1080 and even a 1070 in some games whereas a 1600X will not bottleneck a 1080ti as its effectively an i7 6800K/5820K :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :)