Moon landing

WindirBear

Did we make it?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Did we make it?

On 16.4.2017 at 4:58 AM, yathis said:

Free Healthcare

It aint free, you pay taxes for it.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

On 20.4.2017 at 11:12 PM, dalekphalm said:

Same reason flat earthers exist. Pure ignorance and/or a failure of the education system.

I mean, among all the nutjobs, flat-earthers have to be a special brand of stupid. So who is dumber? Flat earthers or scientologists?

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

8 hours ago, Urishima said:

It aint free, you pay taxes for it.

I dont pay for shit in taxes bro

On 4/15/2017 at 2:58 PM, yathis said:

I would love to look through a telescop and see that moon junk. I should go to the observatory meetup one time.

Since USA stuck a flag on it, its their land. Useless as it is.

Some people still believe the earth is flat.

I dont care about ISIS if thats what you mean by ISS. I wont get into it.

actually regardless of what peeps be saying here it is my understanding that even hubble is much to small to see something that tiny on the moon. there is no telescope on earth atm that can see with that level of detail at that distance

wow i just lost a bit of faith in this tech community. I seriously thought that this question should not even be asked...

25 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

wow i just lost a bit of faith in this tech community. I seriously thought that this question should not even be asked...

Well, I asked the question because I felt that the majority of the community would agree we did in fact land on the moon.

So, with that, I wanted to rub it in my girlfriend's face, and rub I did.

1 hour ago, WindirBear said:

Well, I asked the question because I felt that the majority of the community would agree we did in fact land on the moon.

So, with that, I wanted to rub it in my girlfriend's face, and rub I did.

Does your girlfriend believe the landing was fake? Or why rub it in her face

6 hours ago, Conan1600 said:

actually regardless of what peeps be saying here it is my understanding that even hubble is much to small to see something that tiny on the moon. there is no telescope on earth atm that can see with that level of detail at that distance

To be fair, the Hubble telescope isn't a big telescope. Not at all. It has a reflector mirror size of 2.4m. The largest current operational telescopes have a reflector mirror size of 10m. And there are two more being constructed that are around the 30m size.

Hubble's main benefit is that it doesn't need to look through the atmosphere, which makes looking into deep space rather difficult.

You can see the shadows cast by, for example, the Moon Lander or the rovers. But only under very specific conditions that are only present for very short time windows.

Please see my post above. You'd need a telescope with a reflector mirror size of approximately 100m to make out the Moon Lander equipment in any reasonable detail.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 4/21/2017 at 5:02 PM, Atmos said:

The majority of conspiracies are absolute garbage, because we call them out for being so, doesn't make us wrong, and it doesn't mean we don't question the government.

There's a big difference between not believing government reports that a barely functional country is making WMDs en masse, and that Monsanto is purposefully forcing frogs to mutate genders and not just turning a blind eye to the after effects of their pesticides; or that jet fuel contains mind-control agents that spread across the world via chemtrails in the high atmosphere.

You mean that the theories are garbage, not the conspiracies. The reason that you're correct is due to the fact that when these theories turn out to be true they are no longer theoretical. Thus all the ridiculous theories remain while the correct ones stop being theory.

The only difference I see is that some are more far-fetched than others. You're always going to have wild theories like the elite reptilian race theory, but through my experience the majority of conspiracy theories that pop up are based around governments/corporations because these things are more prevalent in everyday life.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -