k70 or ducky shine 6

Lethalmonk

looking for a good quality keyboard with cherry blue switches, and good rgb with software.

I love my k70, I think it basically comes down to appearance

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

6 minutes ago, SnAkeHyDRa_SG said:

K70, screw ducky shine, cheap chinese crap xD

isnt k70 chinese too? lol

7 hours ago, SnAkeHyDRa_SG said:

K70, screw ducky shine, cheap chinese crap xD

Hope this was sarcasm, considering Ducky keyboards are made in Taiwan, while Corsair keyboards are the ones made in China. Not that it should matter, since almost everything you own is made in China.

As to the OPs question, I recommend the DS6 over the LUX RGB, I have both keyboards with RGB Blues and the switches QC and stabilizers are leagues better on the DS6. Also getting a K70 with RGB Blues involves signing up for a mailing list and waiting for limited supply.

8 hours ago, Lethalmonk said:

looking for a good quality keyboard with cherry blue switches, and good rgb with software.

Hmm, tough call. Corsair has the better software / more modes.

However, you can edit profiles using only the keyboard with a ducky.

The ducky shine 6, despite being plastic, is really heavy/ strong. I can't get mine to flex.

I own a Ducky Shine 6 Snow White Edition (Silver switch), so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. The LEDs are really bright on it.

My cousin also has a K70, but apparently it has spring noise issues? (Not sure how true that is).

28 minutes ago, Kleever said:

As to the OPs question, I recommend the DS6 over the LUX RGB, I have both keyboards with RGB Blues and the switches QC and stabilizers are leagues better on the DS6. Also getting a K70 with RGB Blues involves signing up for a mailing list and waiting for limited supply.

Haha, yeah, when I took of my spacebar I was like...that's kind of the strange looking stabilizer, but it works well. I love this keyboard so far. It makes typing compared to my old membrane a fun task again.

15 hours ago, scottyseng said:

Hmm, tough call. Corsair has the better software / more modes.

However, you can edit profiles using only the keyboard with a ducky.

The ducky shine 6, despite being plastic, is really heavy/ strong. I can't get mine to flex.

I own a Ducky Shine 6 Snow White Edition (Silver switch), so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. The LEDs are really bright on it.

My cousin also has a K70, but apparently it has spring noise issues? (Not sure how true that is).

Haha, yeah, when I took of my spacebar I was like...that's kind of the strange looking stabilizer, but it works well. I love this keyboard so far. It makes typing compared to my old membrane a fun task again.

Can you still put any keycap on the DS6 because of its floating design?

4 hours ago, Lethalmonk said:

Can you still put any keycap on the DS6 because of its floating design?

Yes, it takes both floating and normal keycaps.

I'd pick the K70 because of the brushed aluminum frame.  Just makes it look so premium.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

On 4/13/2017 at 10:59 PM, SnAkeHyDRa_SG said:

K70, screw Ducky Shine, cheap Chinese crap xD

If Ducky Shines are cheap crap for the Chinese, they must have some insane keyboards over there.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

You can't go wrong with either, but I would consider Ducky as being higher build quality.

If higher quality RGB software outweighs build quality, then k70 would be the way to go.