My native language is C++

9 minutes ago, zMeul said:

don't tell me, Linus did UHD gaming benchmarks .. again ^_^

Nope

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

12 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Buy Ryzen 5 on Amazon: http://geni.us/tYAX

Is Ryzen 5 a complete Core i5 killer? Is it the Red Rebellion's saving grace for gaming? Let's find out...

This video is up 6 hours already, where were you nick?

10 minutes ago, zMeul said:

Sadly it's 1080p

18 minutes ago, zMeul said:

I wish it was 4k with those FPS.

I got to say, having watched it twice now that some of the point you were making really got lost in the "noise" of you talking about the benchmarks. So much so that I just went back and paused between each slide to check out and note down the relevent info. 

Take home I think for most is that the R5 1600X is basically all you need unless you really need the extra cores of the the R7 1800x

That intro was great! Glad you guys owned up to it and poked fun at it

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

back on topic

the stuff on Cache was damn interesting, man this is going to mess with kids Who's world is Higher Ghz is Life... 

interesting times ahead. also this will be interesting with intel announcing years ago they wanted to start pulling out of consumer CPU's 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

45 minutes ago, AlexCo said:

at 3:08 you state Every Ryzen 5 has 16MB of L3 cache....

Ryzen 5 1400 has only 8MB... This part appears to be binned 4 + 0 instead of 2 + 2 as with the 1500X

https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-5-1400

Thanks!

A 4+0 bin would be very interesting since the infinity fabric seems to be an issue.

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

Thread cleaned.

May I remind all of you to uplift our Community Standards, and that goes to all of you.

On 1/19/2016 at 6:52 PM, Windspeed36 said:
  • Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

i won't be needing new stuff for a couple years as i bought my 6600k system last june, but i'm excited to see if this brings any kind of changes to intel's next lineups.

11 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

This video is up 6 hours already, where were you nick?

Well I was sleeping when the video came out, then I woke up briefly to post it to FPC, then went back to sleep because I was on like 3 hrs and had to be presentable to clients all day... Then I went to work and dealt with clients all day and forgot to post this thread until Anthony reminded me at like 12:30.

TL;DR I'm dumb and I forgot. The end.

My question is: Is AMD expected to make a sequel to Ryzen soon as well? Or are they going to continue to be years apart their generations while Intel chugs along with all the market share?

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

5 minutes ago, DKL said:

My question is: Is AMD expected to make a sequel to Ryzen soon as well? Or are they going to continue to be years apart their generations while Intel chugs along with all the market share?

If I recall correctly they've already stated that AM4 will be around for multiple years, but they've also alluded to consumers being able to use the same mobo for multiple upgrade cycles... So if I had to guess, we'll probably see some kind of annual cadence of updates from AMD. And as long as they're all relatively significant, that seems like a pretty great thing right about now.

4 hours ago, nicklmg said:

If I recall correctly they've already stated that AM4 will be around for multiple years, but they've also alluded to consumers being able to use the same mobo for multiple upgrade cycles... So if I had to guess, we'll probably see some kind of annual cadence of updates from AMD. And as long as they're all relatively significant, that seems like a pretty great thing right about now.

Yeah, that does sound pretty fantastic. Thanks for the quick, detailed reply! :) 

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

There are rumors Ryzen 2 1/2, The Smell Of Fear is going to be out early next year. Make sense to follow up the first stab relatively quickly to keep the momentum going before settling in with a "normal" improvement schedule.

7 hours ago, DKL said:

well they've still got the Ryzen based APU's to release and some searching on Google comes up with articles saying AM4 will be valid for 4 years, but it will be 2019 for the next iteration and 2 years after that for the 3rd iteration, so not quite as often as Intel but there should be updates, what we will have to wait and see is how good those updates will actually prove to be, like will they be like Skylake to Kabylake where the IPC was virtually identical and the only performance increase came from clock speed increases or will they actually increase the IPC further.

On 4/12/2017 at 1:09 AM, nicklmg said:

Buy Ryzen 5 on Amazon: http://geni.us/tYAX

Is Ryzen 5 a complete Core i5 killer? Is it the Red Rebellion's saving grace for gaming? Let's find out...

Does 97th percentile mean 3% low

Please quote me so that I know that you have replied unless it is my own topic.