Samsung 960 Evo running... slow?

I built my system about a week ago, and something just isn't right.. Hoping someone can help me fix this.

System Specs: 

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/v3XJ2R

(Running Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, everything stock - No OC)

My downloads folder (about 8gb worth of files/folders) takes 20-30 seconds to load. When I click on it, it just says "Working on it...". The same thing happens when i go into my devices and printers folder. I've experienced these issues on my 3 year old ultrabook with a much slower SSD and was not expecting to see the same problems with such a premium ssd.

The read/write speeds seem okay when I benchmark, but the 4k and random reads/writes seem like they are disastrously slow. I know I installed windows in UEFI, and for the most part everything else is running smooth (although, I am getting 90C+ temps only when benchmarking with Prime95, but that's probably irrelevant). 

Imgur Link to benchmarks: 

Compare it to benchmarks from around the web such as: http://www.thessdreview.com/featured/samsung-960-evo-m-2-nvme-ssd-review-250gb1tb/3/

What can I do to fix this?

How did you install windows?

Do you have any other drives connected to your PC?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

44 minutes ago, Enderman said:

How did you install windows?

Do you have any other drives connected to your PC?

on a USB 3.0 Flash drive. Made sure to select UEFI mode and not USB flash drive during the boot select window prior to installing windows. Just checked right now - everything is set to UEFI in BIOS as well.

No other drives yet. Only have the 250GB Samsung 960 Evo as a Boot drive and that is it.