A New Type of Ransomware - Rensenware

Suika
1 hour ago, vorticalbox said:

this is incorrect if you read the

comments http://www.eteknix.com/rensomware-holds-files-hostage-beat-high-score/

you can see is released the source not by accident then regretted his decision and created a tool to fix it. They even said how they were going to remove the encryption part to make it a prank but decided to leave it I.  

I'm aware that him uploading the source code was deliberate, but my wording didn't convey it correctly, I suppose. Fixed, nonetheless. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I have heard of odd ransoms from these programs, but this is something else altogether.

You think you know a guy...

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

By the way, when did Weab start being used to refer to the Otaku community?  From what I understand, Weab is to refer to a person that pretends to be Japanese, to the point of being offensive. Otaku being the person that watches anime, though may or may not reflect that publicly. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

14 hours ago, Suika said:

0e13c2c0b3e382e421ef150fd5765259.jpg

(click here for tomato sauce)

The more weab among us may recognize the above character's name, and for those who don't, she goes by Captain Marusa. In this scenario, she's stolen "your precious files," and the only way to retrieve them, instead of paying money to the developer of the ransomware, is to play Touhou 12 - Undefined Fantastic Object. Ok, easy enough, except you have to play the game on Lunatic mode and score 200 million points, which, if you've not played any of the games before, is incredibly hard (I never got past easy mode personally). As Ars Technica reports,

The original creator, Tvple Eraser, created the program as a joke, he had no genuine malicious intent with the program, however when he made to unfortunate decision to share the program's source code, that's when it became an issue. Tvple has since apologized on Twitter for releasing the program, and has released a second program designed to force the program to believe you've already reached the high score. Still, the issue remains, while Tvple has tried to do right, I don't doubt that modified versions exist and will continue to spread.

A new, "cut" version of the program has replaced the source code on Github since it has exploded, just to continue to show off the joke for those who are interested in the program, and Tvple has promised not to release anything malicious again.

It's just a prank, bro. 

/W anime succs :v

3 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Snip

Neither weeb or otaku is used correctly really anymore on English sites. Weeb is now pretty much synonymous with anime fan but is supposed to be offensive. It's really popular on 9GAG and even on LTT someone used to to refer to the persona 5 series when expressing their lack of interest in the Japanese game.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Speaking of anime and stuffs went to a anime shop once, to it check out and there was a bunch of kids in there. 3 of them were at the counter with, what I assume is the owner of the shop. One of the kid at the counter was looking at this manga and asked the owner in a whispering voice, is this hentai? Then the owner answer, YES THIS IS HENTAI!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

19 hours ago, Suika said:

You'd legit have to be running a Windows XP based toaster oven for your system to not be able to run any of the games in the main Touhou series.

I mean I was joking and have absolutely no idea what the games even are