Did I take the whole 'Tower' thing too literally?

FlightRisk

So I recently rearranged my setup and I started to wonder if I took the whole PC 'Tower' thing a bit too literally.

I just found it funny and figured this forum might also find it funny

Tower.jpg

its not as bad as what i used to have on my pc

i mean, i still have stuff on top of my pc

2 battery banks, a rpi2, some money, screws, screwdriver.. power switch also

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

58 minutes ago, FlightRisk said:

So I recently rearranged my setup and I started to wonder if I took the whole PC 'Tower' thing a bit too literally.

You have a low-frequency vibration woofer on a PC. Yikes!!! Shouldn't woofers be placed low for better sound? 

4 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

You have a low-frequency vibration woofer on a PC. Yikes!!! Shouldn't woofers be placed low for better sound? 

yeah, thats bad

but for me, i like having a sub placed on my desk (has better sound for me, argue all you want)

but my sub is now on my floor because no more desk space

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

yeah, thats bad

but for me, i like having a sub placed on my desk (has better sound for me, argue all you want)

but my sub is now on my floor because no more desk space

Not arguing :) Just be careful, low-frequency thumps like that and spinning HDD platters dont mix very well.

58 minutes ago, FlightRisk said:

Eyyyyy Senn558 brothers represent

Desktop: i5-6600k w/ be quiet! Pure Rock cooler. | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 mobo | Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4-3000 | 240GB Sandisk SSD | Corsair 500r Case (White) | HTC Vive!! | Shitty Insignia monitor

Peripherals: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sennheiser 558

Phone: Nexus 5x
Tablet: Amazon Fire tablet (2015)

19 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

Probably, I have heard that before. However anything with substantial bass I will be playing through my headphones and it used to be directly on the desk and I personally haven't noticed a difference. Getting the Tweeters/Monitors/whatever they are called in the right placement has been a bigger sound issue for me

41 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

Not arguing :) Just be careful, low-frequency thumps like that and spinning HDD platters dont mix very well.

I wonder anyone has actually tested this with high power bass speakers. To the YouTube rabbit hole I go. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

1 minute ago, vorticalbox said:

I wonder anyone has actually tested this with high power bass speakers. To the YouTube rabbit hole I go. 

i may have killed my hard drives because my sub was next to my external HDD and my pc (dying wd black, probably dead 5tb external)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

mmmmm Senhiser HD558's

Bildresultat för i see you are a man of culture as well

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016