Black and White Survivor

CJPowell27

Hey guys CJ here.

Story time! The reason I built this PC was to game (obviously) and I was on budget because a 15 year old can't normally spend much because we don't have it. The only logical thing to do was go AMD. It took what felt like forever to finally get where I am because I only do yard work for my neighbors. I, like many others of this forum, have OCD for perfect cables. The cable management picture was from before installing the motherboard Anywho, the parts are:

AMD FX-6300

Asrock 970 Extreme 4

8 Gb Patriot Memory

EVGA Supernova 650G

Bitfenix Survivor

Asus Matrix 7970 Platinum

Corsair h100

WD Black 500 Gb

post-19570-0-08158100-1384478798_thumb.j

post-19570-0-51622600-1384478856_thumb.j

post-19570-0-90132700-1384478892_thumb.j

The first pic is before I added the sleeved extension. The last step is to get a Gigabyte 990-fax UD3 as Asrock has sent me two bad motherboards (second one came with a capacitor shaking about in the box ) Feel free to criticize me :)

PS sorry for the rotated pic, will fix tomorrow.

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

dude that's an awesome custom wrap on the H100, my only complaint on the build is you have a FX 6300 :c

dude that's an awesome custom wrap on the H100, my only complaint on the build is you have a FX 6300 :c

I couldn't convince myself to spend an extra 100 bucks at least for a tiny difference in performance. Also I'm 15 without a job so it was hard to save up in the first place. It is some extra vinyl I had lying around

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Very nice looking! Very clean!

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Holy crap... that white backplate for the Matrix... :o

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Mmmm... 'das hawt

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Yea, you might want at least an 8320 out of that, seems you could have made some cuts in other areas and have gotten the same performance while getting a better motherboard and CPU.

Very good cable management though, especially in the back. This is the back of mine for lulz. Of course I have a bit more going on inside of mine though so that makes it difficult. Overall solid 8.5/10, just change that proc and MB.

qoWHc4N.jpg?1

Error: 410

I couldn't convince myself to spend an extra 100 bucks at least for a tiny difference in performance. Also I'm 15 without a job so it was hard to save up in the first place. It is some extra vinyl I had lying around

tiny difference? dude it competes with the i5 3570K :D

Yea, you might want at least an 8320 out of that, seems you could have made some cuts in other areas and have gotten the same performance while getting a better motherboard and CPU.

Very good cable management though, especially in the back. This is the back of mine for lulz

Holy crap... that white backplate for the Matrix... :o

Plastidip :P

OH YEA NOBODY JUDGE MY IPHONE PICS D:

ROG STICKER ISN'T STRAIGHT!!

Interesting choice of positioning for the radiator, looks nice :) 

ROG STICKER ISN'T STRAIGHT!!

Interesting choice of positioning for the radiator, looks nice :)

Thanks, it took some modding but I like it there. The more interesting thing is the fact that there is a 200 MM in front in between the front cover and the Rad. That sticker is bothering me so I'll fix it haha :D

It's awesome! Love  the carbon wrap and plasti dipped backplate :D

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

• 3 weeks later...

Text update. I ended up getting an Asus M5990FX pro because frys was out of stock. The board is super nice and a few steps up from the asrock one ( and it has a black PCB). I've no complaint on the board other than the fact that they have horribly placed fan headers and they're all 4 pins. I sacrificed clean cables to plug them all in. When I took out the GPU I discovered the paint was scratched from the h100 tube so I had to peel it off. I'll be buying some more plastidip to re-do it. Pics to come

• 2 weeks later...

Text update. I ended up getting an Asus M5990FX pro because frys was out of stock. The board is super nice and a few steps up from the asrock one ( and it has a black PCB). I've no complaint on the board other than the fact that they have horribly placed fan headers and they're all 4 pins. I sacrificed clean cables to plug them all in. When I took out the GPU I discovered the paint was scratched from the h100 tube so I had to peel it off. I'll be buying some more plastidip to re-do it. Pics to come

ymyte2ap.jpgu7adygy6.jpgvy6ygaqu.jpgapamu2a7.jpgjuba5asa.jpg
With a walk through of my room haha. Don't hate the beats and apple stuff. My family likes them .  Be jealous of my Hobbit poster. I got it at the premiere 

Ya an FX6300???? Why not like ummm an 8350??? 

Ya an FX6300???? Why not like ummm an 8350??? 

High school student. Doing yard work for money.  It was a stretch to get that.  Don't worry, my build coming around Christmas time will be replacing this system lol

High school student. Doing yard work for money.  It was a stretch to get that.  Don't worry, my build coming around Christmas time will be replacing this system lol

I am a high school student with no money. Better than me :)

But you have a cabinet full of apple and beats products!

None of which I purchased lol. My family likes apple :D

• 3 weeks later...

that thing is beautiful and so clean magnificent cable management it almost makes it look like parts are missing

CPU:FX 4170  OC @4.7Ghz MB:ASRock 990Fx Extreme3 RAM:12Gb ddr3 1333 Team and some random ram GPU:2 HD 6970 OC 950 MHz in crossfire Case:Coolermaster 430 elite and all the geto water cooling

you say you are on a budget and u have a MATRIX card ? does this not kost like .. 10 trillion billion  gillon moutain of sh** ??

• CPU: Intel i7 4790K watercooled & custom IHS, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact, RAM: Kingston HyperX LP 1833, 2x8GB, GPU: Asus RTX 2070 watercooled

CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ITXStorage: 1x WD Black 4TB HDD, 2x WD Blue 1TB SSD in Raid 0, PSU: Seasonic 650w Gold, Cooling: all watercoold with 2x 240 slim Rads, 5 Lian-Li Unifans

you say you are on a budget and u have a MATRIX card ? does this not kost like .. 10 trillion billion gillon moutain of sh** ??

Yeah that was my one I NEED IT thing