$1650 Gaming PC (AUS)

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Dioxyq/saved/#view=FNVf7P

i've been planning out this build and saving up since Christmas 2016, I'm going to order all the parts June, 2017. I'll be running Windows, and mainly be playing Overwatch and some other games like ARK: Survival Evolved, Battlefield 1, etc. Any suggestions or feedback? this is my first time building a PC and help would be greatly appreciated.

Questions:

I know I don't have an SSD. Would it be worth shelling out the extra $100 for a boot SSD (120gb)? Also, could I buy one later instead? If I did, would this be hard to install?

CPU cooler not the best. At least get the hyper 212x/212evo

You picked a bad PSU. Refer to the PSU tier list. It will help you to pick a good PSU. Get at least tier 3 PSU.

11 minutes ago, Ben Cameron said:

Questions:

I know I don't have an SSD. Would it be worth shelling out the extra $100 for a boot SSD (120gb)? Also, could I buy one later instead? If I did, would this be hard to install?

240/250/256GB will be more worth it. If you buy one later, you need to move the OS and other stuffs to the SSD and the process is quite complicated (correct me. if I'm wrong)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

This is what i would've opted for if i were you. I'd save some money on some components, and re-invest them into others. I don't know if you would like Ryzen or not, but it's what i opted for because it's cheap and should perform about the same. I absolutely encourage the use of an ssd, they're great. I switched the case to another one, seems like a horrible deal for the NZXT H440 for 192 AUD if you can get a 460X for 189. 

PCPartPicker part list: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/YBRLKZ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/YBRLKZ/by_merchant/

Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($159.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Memory: Kingston FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($110.00 @ Scorptec) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 275GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($135.00 @ Umart) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($63.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Dual Series Video Card  ($549.00 @ IJK) 
Case: Corsair Crystal 460X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($189.00 @ Umart) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.00 @ Scorptec) 
Other: Ryzen 5 1500x ($250.00)
Total: $1584.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-06 21:17 AEST+1000

So I've revised my list from both of your feedback (ZM Fong, MrAwesomepants) and I've come up with this. Is there anything else, or is this list looking good? Btw, thanks so much for your help.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Dioxyq/saved/#view=8Z9Q7P

Sidenotes:

1) I'd rather stay with the i5 than the Ryzen, but is there any major differences between the two?

2) I heard you can only overclock with the Z motherboards, but can you with the motherboard you've provided? (MrAwesomepants)

3) Also, the new list is a little more expensive than I'd like it to be, so is there any other way to cut down without sacrificing much? If there's not, thats fine, it's just I might have to wait a bit longer.

37 minutes ago, MrAwesomepants said:

This is what i would've opted for if i were you. I'd save some money on some components, and re-invest them into others. I don't know if you would like Ryzen or not, but it's what i opted for because it's cheap and should perform about the same. I absolutely encourage the use of an ssd, they're great. I switched the case to another one, seems like a horrible deal for the NZXT H440 for 192 AUD if you can get a 460X for 189. 

PCPartPicker part list: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/YBRLKZ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/YBRLKZ/by_merchant/

Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($159.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($63.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Case: Corsair Crystal 460X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($189.00 @ Umart) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.00 @ Scorptec) 
Total: $1584.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-06 21:17 AEST+1000

Just don't cheap out at memory. Ryzen's Infinity Fabric works well with high speed RAM I mean The higher the RAM speed the better performance. 3200MHZ-3600MHZ should be paired with Ryzen for Good performance. You can notice the performance difference in this video. Just notice the difference between different RAM speeds.

4 minutes ago, M.A.P said:

Just don't cheap out at memory. Ryzen's Infinity Fabric works well with high speed RAM I mean The higher the RAM speed the better performance. 3200MHZ-3600MHZ should be paired with Ryzen for Good performance. You can notice the performance difference in this video. Just notice the difference between different RAM speeds.

Hi M.A.P, 

What are the benefits/downfalls of going with Ryzen instead of my i5?

PCPartPicker part list: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/rYj3M8
Price breakdown by merchant: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/rYj3M8/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($439.00 @ Umart) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B350M-A Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($124.00 @ Centre Com) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($165.00 @ Umart) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card  ($759.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($59.40 @ Skycomp Technology) 
Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Gold 450W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply  ($99.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Total: $1708.40
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-06 22:02 AEST+1000

This one is 50$ more but is having GTX 1080. But for gaming 7700k or 6700k is better as it performs better than Ryzen 7 1700. I'll post Intel build too.

10 minutes ago, Ben Cameron said:

Hi M.A.P, 

What are the benefits/downfalls of going with Ryzen instead of my i5?

Hello Ben Cameron,

Ryzen 5 and 7 CPU are more future proof when compared to i7 and i5 due to more core count. You can see that Ryzen is performing good but still worse when compared to 7700k but still if you notice other benchmark videos only 60-80% of Ryzen CPU is utilised whereas 95-100% of Intel CPU is utilised. Ryzen CPUs are lacking optimization.We can't blame anyone here as Game developers are not having any new AMD CPU to develop and optimize games. In synthetic benchmarks Ryzen beats their Intel counterparts. Game developers are starting to optimize games for Ryzen so it takes time maybe 1 and half to 2 years minimum. Whereas in other tasks Ryzen is better than Intel as it beats Intel in almost everything except gaming. So for gaming Ryzen is not recommended as of now better no risk but if it is ok to lose few frames then you can go with Ryzen. Even the UEFI of AMD mobos are not in good condition I mean most of the mobos are able to run ram at 2933 MHZ max very few boards are able to run RAM at 3200 or 3600MHz.

PCPartPicker part list: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/RcXgNN
Price breakdown by merchant: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/RcXgNN/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($398.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-K Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($102.00 @ Centre Com) 
Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($155.00 @ Umart) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 8GB AMP! Extreme Video Card  ($799.00 @ Scorptec) 
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($59.40 @ Skycomp Technology) 
Power Supply: Silverstone 500W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply  ($119.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Total: $1695.40
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-06 22:19 AEST+1000

24 minutes ago, M.A.P said:

Hello Ben Cameron,

Ryzen 5 and 7 CPU are more future proof when compared to i7 and i5 due to more core count. You can see that Ryzen is performing good but still worse when compared to 7700k but still if you notice other benchmark videos only 60-80% of Ryzen CPU is utilised whereas 95-100% of Intel CPU is utilised. Ryzen CPUs are lacking optimization.We can't blame anyone here as Game developers are not having any new AMD CPU to develop and optimize games. In synthetic benchmarks Ryzen beats their Intel counterparts. Game developers are starting to optimize games for Ryzen so it takes time maybe 1 and half to 2 years minimum. Whereas in other tasks Ryzen is better than Intel as it beats Intel in almost everything except gaming. So for gaming Ryzen is not recommended as of now better no risk but if it is ok to lose few frames then you can go with Ryzen. Even the UEFI of AMD mobos are not in good condition I mean most of the mobos are able to run ram at 2933 MHZ max very few boards are able to run RAM at 3200 or 3600MHz.

A few things.

1) Aesthetics is important to me, and I'd rather get a better case now, rather than disassemble and upgrade later. Which would be a pain.

2) I've heard for gaming, the i7 has pretty much no affect on performance compared to the i5, but I'd be glad to hear your advice.

3) Will the motherboard be able to overclock, and hold to the standard that the one in my current list does?

4) I want an SSD, because boot times can be a pain on a HDD. If only the SSD for boot and a couple games.

5) I think the power supply is a little too close for comfort, especially for upgrades in the future. Any other suggestions?

6) I do want the 1080, but if it cuts out other important things, i'm happy for the 1070, unless you think those things might be easy to upgrade.

Will using the parts in your list detriment the performance of the PC compared to my list, which i'm guessing no, rather benefit. Is there anything I can do to get some of the things I wanted from my list (like the power supply, case and SSD) without going over-budget?

Thanks so much for your help.

Also, is there a Corsair equivalent of the RAM for the same price? I like the 3000 mhz, but Corsair is my go-to, trustworthy brand in terms of RAM

EDIT: I see now that with the cooler for the i5, the i7 is only $50 more, which is fine. 

31 minutes ago, M.A.P said:

PCPartPicker part list: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/RcXgNN
Price breakdown by merchant: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/RcXgNN/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($398.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-K Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($102.00 @ Centre Com) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 8GB AMP! Extreme Video Card  ($799.00 @ Scorptec) 
Power Supply: Silverstone 500W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply  ($119.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Total: $1695.40
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-06 22:19 AEST+1000

So, to summarise,

1) Is the 1080 worth a better case, an ssd and a better psu?

2) Can the motherboard do what my current one can?

26 minutes ago, Ben Cameron said:

So, to summarise,

1) Is the 1080 worth a better case, an ssd and a better psu?

2) Can the motherboard do what my current one can?

1) GTX 1080 is good card performs 20-40% better depending on the game. Though I will recommend having SSD. PSU is really good one it is Tier 3 so for getting Tier 2 or 1 I'm sure that you need to spend 40aud minimum.

2) Z270 mobo has suppport for more PCI lanes and also 2 more USB ports and also it can OC whereas this one can't OC has less PCI Lanes and also less USB ports but still for running a single PCI e card the PCI lanes should be enough.

51 minutes ago, Ben Cameron said:

A few things.

1) Aesthetics is important to me, and I'd rather get a better case now, rather than disassemble and upgrade later. Which would be a pain.

2) I've heard for gaming, the i7 has pretty much no affect on performance compared to the i5, but I'd be glad to hear your advice.

3) Will the motherboard be able to overclock, and hold to the standard that the one in my current list does?

4) I want an SSD, because boot times can be a pain on a HDD. If only the SSD for boot and a couple games.

5) I think the power supply is a little too close for comfort, especially for upgrades in the future. Any other suggestions?

6) I do want the 1080, but if it cuts out other important things, i'm happy for the 1070, unless you think those things might be easy to upgrade.

Will using the parts in your list detriment the performance of the PC compared to my list, which i'm guessing no, rather benefit. Is there anything I can do to get some of the things I wanted from my list (like the power supply, case and SSD) without going over-budget?

Thanks so much for your help.

Also, is there a Corsair equivalent of the RAM for the same price? I like the 3000 mhz, but Corsair is my go-to, trustworthy brand in terms of RAM

EDIT: I see now that with the cooler for the i5, the i7 is only $50 more, which is fine. 

2) Games from last 2-3 years use those 8 threads so there is going to be performance increase sometimes even 15 fps.

3 hours ago, Ben Cameron said:

1) I'd rather stay with the i5 than the Ryzen, but is there any major differences between the two?

We don't really know yet, but Ryzen has had a kinda wonky solution. It does feature double the threads, like a i7 7700k, but i'm not sure it'll match that performance. It's cheaper and it should be good. Let's just wait and see, you won't buy it until summer anyways. The 1500x will release in 5 days.

3 hours ago, Ben Cameron said:

2) I heard you can only overclock with the Z motherboards, but can you with the motherboard you've provided? (MrAwes

Yes, you can.

Lastly, next time it can be a good idea to tag someone, like this: @MrAwesomepants. Then they'll get a notification

Also, with your information in mind that you have specified, i think i've found something you'll be satisied with. I'm not @herman mcpootis, but i think this will suit your needs. Still Ryzen, to keep it cheaper ^^. We'll see in 5 days how it performs. A tad bit more expensive than you wanted, but i think this is good. You could save some on another SSD and another case easily, but things like the PSU and such are harder to replace. By far the easiest thing to save money on here though is the motherboard, and i assumed you liked the colours red, white and black as per in your original pcpartpicker, but this is the best cheap motherboard i found that doesn't look like horseshite imo. 

PCPartPicker part list: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/288W7h
Price breakdown by merchant: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/288W7h/by_merchant/

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B350-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($149.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 8GB AMP! Edition Video Card  ($779.00 @ Scorptec) 
Case: Silverstone Redline RL05 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($85.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($128.00 @ IJK) 
Total: $1699.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-07 01:53 AEST+1000

8 hours ago, MrAwesomepants said:

We don't really know yet, but Ryzen has had a kinda wonky solution. It does feature double the threads, like a i7 7700k, but i'm not sure it'll match that performance. It's cheaper and it should be good. Let's just wait and see, you won't buy it until summer anyways. The 1500x will release in 5 days.

Yes, you can.

Lastly, next time it can be a good idea to tag someone, like this: @MrAwesomepants. Then they'll get a notification

Also, with your information in mind that you have specified, i think i've found something you'll be satisied with. I'm not @herman mcpootis, but i think this will suit your needs. Still Ryzen, to keep it cheaper ^^. We'll see in 5 days how it performs. A tad bit more expensive than you wanted, but i think this is good. You could save some on another SSD and another case easily, but things like the PSU and such are harder to replace. By far the easiest thing to save money on here though is the motherboard, and i assumed you liked the colours red, white and black as per in your original pcpartpicker, but this is the best cheap motherboard i found that doesn't look like horseshite imo. 

PCPartPicker part list: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/288W7h
Price breakdown by merchant: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/288W7h/by_merchant/

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B350-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($149.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 8GB AMP! Edition Video Card  ($779.00 @ Scorptec) 
Case: Silverstone Redline RL05 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($85.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($128.00 @ IJK) 
Total: $1699.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-07 01:53 AEST+1000

I would like to go with the setup, bu the problem is it goes way over budget. You haven't included the cpu in your build, and adding the ryzen or i7 makes it go over $2000. I know that the 1080 is soemthing you want to get, but for my purposes I'd rather get my pc in two months rather than early next year. I appreciate your help, but right now if I get the 1080 and want to get my pc in two months, which I do, it's just not possible without sacrificing everything else about the build. In my current situation I'm going with the i7, the 1070, and whatever else is in my build currently, which is what i'm looking for feedback on. Thanks so much for your help, I appreciate it a lot.

10 hours ago, M.A.P said:

2) Games from last 2-3 years use those 8 threads so there is going to be performance increase sometimes even 15 fps.

OK, i've decided to go with the i7 as it's not that much more expensive and it sounds like a pretty decent upgrade. Thanks.

10 hours ago, M.A.P said:

1) GTX 1080 is good card performs 20-40% better depending on the game. Though I will recommend having SSD. PSU is really good one it is Tier 3 so for getting Tier 2 or 1 I'm sure that you need to spend 40aud minimum.

2) Z270 mobo has suppport for more PCI lanes and also 2 more USB ports and also it can OC whereas this one can't OC has less PCI Lanes and also less USB ports but still for running a single PCI e card the PCI lanes should be enough.

1) So I think in my current situation,  the 1080, while I agree would be a great upgrade to have, just isn't possible for me right now unless I

1: Sacrifice everything else in my build

or

2: Go wayyyy over budget.

Neither of these options are ideal for me right now, and considering the sorts of games i'm going to be playing (ie, not crisis 3 lol) the 1070 would suit my needs without having to having to do what I mentioned in these other options. I agree it would future proof it, but right now I feel the 1070 is fine for me. Thanks for your feedback.

2) I think i'll go the with z270 I have, overclocking is a big thing for me. Also more usb ports is a must have.

@M.A.P @MrAwesomepants Thank you both for your feedback. I really appreciate that you've gone out of your way to help me. Thanks. So, from reading your replies, I see the main part of the builds you've provided me with, have the 1080. Now, I do understand tha the 1080 is a big improvement over the 1070.  But, I started this build knowing that. Knowing that I would be using a lesser card so I could get everything else I wanted in my PC, while still getting a great performance from the 1070, from the games I would be playing, ie overwatch, csgo, oxygen not included, etc. So what i've concluded is that,

a) I can get the 1080 and sacrifice everything else I would've got, ie the ssd, a better psu, a better mobo, the case I wanted, etc.

b) I can wait until early next year, get the build I wanted with the 1080.

Right now, I want a build that works. To put it in perspective, I had been playing csgo on a mac last year and right now i'm on a ps4. I want a build which can give me great gaming performance without many drawbacks, and I can get by June. Right now, I've decided to go with the 1070. Any other feedback, which doesn't sacrifice the 1080 would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for your feedback and help, It means a lot to me. I went into this build with no-one except YouTube guides and my own research to create this build. I'm so happy I've found such a great and helpful community. Thanks.

Also, I keep getting this compatibility message twice on pcpartpicker with my build, will this be a problem, and if so how can I fix it?

• The motherboard M.2 slot #0 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6Gb/s ports are disabled.
  • The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6Gb/s ports are disabled.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Dioxyq/saved/8Z9Q7P

45 minutes ago, Ben Cameron said:

I would like to go with the setup, bu the problem is it goes way over budget. You haven't included the cpu in your build, and adding the ryzen or i7 makes it go over $2000. I know that the 1080 is soemthing you want to get, but for my purposes I'd rather get my pc in two months rather than early next year. I appreciate your help, but right now if I get the 1080 and want to get my pc in two months, which I do, it's just not possible without sacrificing everything else about the build. In my current situation I'm going with the i7, the 1070, and whatever else is in my build currently, which is what i'm looking for feedback on. Thanks so much for your help, I appreciate it a lot.

he included the r5 1500x in the build.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($461.00 @ Shopping Express) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG M9i 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler  ($29.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z170M Pro4S Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($130.00 @ IJK) 
Storage: Transcend 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($109.00 @ Umart) 
Power Supply: Fractal Design Edison M 450W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.10 @ Skycomp Technology) 
Total: $1644.50
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-07 11:38 AEST+1000

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 hour ago, Ben Cameron said:

He has.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

7 hours ago, Ben Cameron said:

Also, I keep getting this compatibility message twice on pcpartpicker with my build, will this be a problem, and if so how can I fix it?

• The motherboard M.2 slot #0 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6Gb/s ports are disabled.
  • The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6Gb/s ports are disabled.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Dioxyq/saved/8Z9Q7P

There is no fix for it. M.2 SSD you selected is having sata interface so few ports are disabled.

5 hours ago, JDE said:

He has.

I was looking at the pcpartpicker list, in which he hadn't. But even then, it sacrifices a lot of the things I wanted in the pc.