W.H.O. Seeks to Classify ‘Gaming Disorder’ as a Mental Illness

1 minute ago, MageTank said:

I need to somehow find an avatar that is manlier than Macho Man Randy Savage. Sadly, such a thing might not exist.

Ummm, I vehemently disagree. The One True God Nicolas Cage is the manliest man alive.

5 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Ummm, I vehemently disagree. The One True God Nicolas Cage is the manliest man alive.

Did Nicolas Cage sacrifice himself to fend off the four horseman of the apocalypse, by transporting them all to a Slim Jim sponsored no-holds-barred wrestling ring in the sky in order to stop the rapture of 2011? 

Nick might be our generations, no... THE greatest actor to have ever graced our television sets, but he is no Macho Man. I only hope that when my time comes, and I snap into my final Slim Jim, that I am worthy enough for Macho Man to tag me in. 

Man, we are going to get into so much trouble for derailing this. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

12 minutes ago, MageTank said:

Let's run through the checklist, shall we? 

1. I never said you disagreed with them. 

Go ahead friend, try to find your name, or any reference to you within that post. 

2. You are making an assumption about me reading/agreeing with breitbart in the first place. Not only that, but the only two options are: "You've never read them" or "you agree". Nowhere in your assumption do you leave the option for me to have read them, and to have disagreed. Very petty of you, don't you think?

Question my rationality all you like, it won't hurt my feelings. Just know that I am not the one getting worked up, cursing over an "alt right" news site that just so happened to publish the exact same information posted on a "left-leaning" news site. The "rational adult" in this scenario, is probably the one that took the time to google more sources before dismissing information simply because "itz dah breitzbartz". 

I am curious though. You've gone through this song and dance with me before, and it didn't end well the last time. It's almost as if you think I've gotten soft. I need to somehow find an avatar that is manlier than Macho Man Randy Savage. Sadly, such a thing might not exist.

Wth are you even rambling about? This is a dick measuring contest only in your mind.

Once again, if it wasn't clear, this is not about political leanings. I'm not sure how many times I have to spell this out for you. If someone says Hillary Clinton was running a child sex ring out of a pizza parlor, or that planned Parenthood was selling aborted fetuses or that ACORN was helping people traffic children, I am going to ignore that person no matter what they say. This is not about whether I think tax cuts for the wealthy creates jobs. This is about unhinged people who make up shit that have ruined people's lives. Get that through your thick skull.

What's next? Quoting the guy who thinks the govt is turning frogs gay?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

2 hours ago, Sauron said:

It's not. "playing a lot" is not an addiction.

I was referring to what the article had said, not what OP summarized. The article quoted about playing every single day, letting it get in the way of work/school, etc. If something has taken over a most of your life and gets in the way of daily important tasks then it is considered an addiction. Also, "playing a lot" is subjective, it can mean different things to different people. 

2 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Wth are you even rambling about? This is a dick measuring contest only in your mind.

Once again, if it wasn't clear, this is not about political leanings. I'm not sure how many times I have to spell this out for you. If someone says Hillary Clinton was running a child sex ring out of a pizza parlor, or that planned Parenthood was selling aborted fetuses or that ACORN was helping people traffic children, I am going to ignore that person no matter what they say. This is not about whether I think tax cuts for the wealthy creates jobs. This is about unhinged people who make up shit that have ruined people's lives. Get that through your thick skull.

HAHAHAHA HOLY FUCK MAN

3 hours ago, the_spankles said:

I ran into an article on breitbart.com who which talks about how the W.H.O (world health organization) wants to classify people who game alot as mentally ill. here is a link

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/03/31/who-seeks-to-classify-gaming-disorder-as-a-mental-illness-claims-enormous-stakeholder-pressure/

What do you guys think about this BS

Please fix the OP before mods move it to the abyss or lock it up. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Just now, ivan134 said:

Once again, if it wasn't clear, this is not about political leanings. I'm not sure how many times I have to spell this out for you. If someone says Hillary Clinton was running a child sex ring out of a pizza parlor, or that planned Parenthood was selling aborted fetuses or that ACORN was helping people traffic children, I am going to ignore that person no matter what they

. This is not about whether I think tax cuts for the wealthy creates jobs. This is about unhinged people who make up shit that have ruined people's lives. Get that through your thick skull.

The irony is, you keep rambling on about me putting words in your mouth, or speaking as if everything I say is somehow attributed to you, when it's not. Also, look at your own words. 

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

I am going to ignore that person no matter what they say.

Practice this part of your words. If a specific journalist is spouting nonsense, then attribute it to said person. To automatically dismiss an entire publication simply because they happen to allow those with "outlandish assumptions/opinions" to voice said pieces, is not a rational way to go about things. It took me literally seconds to find a different source, saying the exact same information as the one in OP's post. Others have found even more evidence from even more reputable sources within this very thread. 

So far, you've been all assumptions, and no sources. You remind me of a less-fun version of somebody else. 

See, the people who game for days straight then drop dead ARE mentally ill, but it's just a different outlet for their mental illness, not a whole different disorder. This is retarded, coming from someone who has family members and friends working in various medical fields from cardiology to neurology to psychiatry, they all laughed when I showed them the article.

First at Breitbart (Even my the neurologist who is very conservative)

Then at the "claim" that there can possibly be a gaming "disorder"

10 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

I am not understanding why you don't seem to understand the point he's trying to make to get you to understand. Do you understand?

...can someone help ME understand? Help, does logic even make sense anymore?

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

6 minutes ago, Shakaza said:

I am not understanding why you don't seem to understand the point he's trying to make to get you to understand. Do you understand?

...can someone help ME understand? Help, does logic even make sense anymore?

I thought my point was relatively simple. It's been the same point I've used in nearly every other news article on this forum. "Get your info from multiple sources", lol. As for the subject, my point is: Anything in excess can be bad. That sums up my entire existence in this thread.

If you'd like to learn more about the religion of Macho Madness, we hold meetings every Tuesday and Thursday. Password is "OH YEAH". 

7 minutes ago, MageTank said:

The irony is, you keep rambling on about me putting words in your mouth, or speaking as if everything I say is somehow attributed to you, when it's not. Also, look at your own words. 

Practice this part of your words. If a specific journalist is spouting nonsense, then attribute it to said person. To automatically dismiss an entire publication simply because they happen to allow those with "outlandish assumptions/opinions" to voice said pieces, is not a rational way to go about things. It took me literally seconds to find a different source, saying the exact same information as the one in OP's post. Others have found even more evidence from even more reputable sources within this very thread. 

So far, you've been all assumptions, and no sources. You remind me of a less-fun version of somebody else. 

It's not rational because you said so? You clearly live in a different world than I do; one with no consequences for being a pathological liar. This is how I deal with pathological liars. It doesn't mean a pathological liar can't tell truth. It just means I won't give them the time of day. You clearly have way more time and energy than I do if you do the opposite.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Does anyone know of any treatment for a lack of self awareness? Asking for a non-friend.

Just now, ivan134 said:

It's not rational because you said so? You clearly live in a different world than I do; one with no consequences for being a pathological liar. This is how I deal with pathological liars. It doesn't mean a pathological liar can't tell truth. It just means I won't give them the time of day. You clearly have way more time and energy than I do if you do the opposite.

Nope. It's not rational because your original input in this thread was simply:

4 hours ago, ivan134 said:

Breitbart, ROFL

I mean, you did this several times too:

What would I even be doing there in the 1st place? They're a site that I would have to double-check if they said the sky was blue.

LOL. That's usually what happens when you have a shit reputation. Boy crying wolf and all that.

1 hour ago, ivan134 said:

Disagreeing? You think people shun Breitbart because they disagree? Lol

Rather than discuss the topic, or at the very least, provide OP with a more... trustworthy source, you took the low ground. That's not to say I am above you in any way (I mean, I just rambled on about the religion of Macho Man Randy Savage, do not take moral wisdom from a man like me), it simply means both you and I are petty. 

If you believe they are pathological liars that are unworthy of the time of day, then by all means, do what you must. Just don't get angry at me for toying with those that mock instead of educate. We all have our vices, lol. 

1 minute ago, MageTank said:

I thought my point was relatively simple. It's been the same point I've used in nearly every other news article on this forum. "Get your info from multiple sources", lol. As for the subject, my point is: Anything in excess can be bad. That sums up my entire existence in this thread.

If you'd like to learn more about the religion of Macho Madness, we hold meetings every Tuesday and Thursday. Password is "OH YEAH". 

It was kinda a tongue-in-cheek comment that I made on a whim. And your point makes perfect sense, and I was tempted to make a post more or less in the same ballpark. Something along the lines of, "When Breitbark reports on something, meaning getting pieces of news from WHO or from Trump, serving as examples, it tends to be accurate. We can kinda disregard things like the whole "Pizzagate" thing because they aren't really based on reliable sources, and I wouldn't really put them in the same camp as this." However, I do not trust them to report on ALL the news I need, just like I wouldn't trust CNN, because of political bias. For example, CNN failed to report on the fact that Trump increased NASA's budget with the intention of advancing the space program.

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

3 minutes ago, Shakaza said:

For example, CNN failed to report on the fact that Trump increased NASA's budget with the intention of advancing the space program.

They fail to report almost anything that is remotely positive about the "wrong" people.

7 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Does anyone know of any treatment for a lack of self awareness? Asking for a non-friend.

Well, aside from hitting them on the head with a frying pan and hoping for the best, I don't really have much. You can't really visit said anonymous person anyway without possibly violating several laws and causing at least a few, "What the heck are you doing?" moments. So, the second-best thing is to be polite to a fault and try to explain things to them completely calmly and reasonably while simultaneously trying not to bang your head against your keyboard involuntarily. Really doesn't help your argument, and possibly your health. But there are no guarantees that this second method will work, which is where lies the rub!

7 minutes ago, MageTank said:

Nope. It's not rational because your original input in this thread was simply:

I mean, you did this several times too:

Rather than discuss the topic, or at the very least, provide OP with a more... trustworthy source, you took the low ground. That's not to say I am above you in any way (I mean, I just rambled on about the religion of Macho Man Randy Savage, do not take moral wisdom from a man like me), it simply means both you and I are petty. 

If you believe they are pathological liars that are unworthy of the time of day, then by all means, do what you must. Just don't get angry at me for toying with those that mock instead of educate. We all have our vices, lol. 

You want me to educate the OP who thinks people that don't like Breitbart are libtards? (His comment was removed by a mod) like I said, you clearly have more time and energy than I do.

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

They fail to report almost anything that is remotely positive about the "wrong" people.

I just want organizations to report on the news that is relevant to me and in the best interests of their readers! But, "muh clicks" and "i dun like dis guy lol" get in the way! *grumbles furiously at his powerlessness* D:

Might as well make everything a mental illness.

inb4 living or thinking differently from the majority becomes a "mental illness"...

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

6 minutes ago, Shakaza said:

It was kinda a tongue-in-cheek comment that I made on a whim. And your point makes perfect sense, and I was tempted to make a post more or less in the same ballpark. Something along the lines of, "When Breitbark reports on something, meaning getting pieces of news from WHO or from Trump, serving as examples, it tends to be accurate. We can kinda disregard things like the whole "Pizzagate" thing because they aren't really based on reliable sources, and I wouldn't really put them in the same camp as this." However, I do not trust them to report on ALL the news I need, just like I wouldn't trust CNN, because of political bias. For example, CNN failed to report on the fact that Trump increased NASA's budget with the intention of advancing the space program.

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Completely side-stepping this political minefield, I will say this. We live in a day in age where we have too much information. So much in fact, that it's nearly impossible to sift through it all to find the truth. You also have the issue with human error, and potential bias (after all, news pieces must pass through an editor and what not) which make finding the truth even harder. This is why I beg people to find their information from multiple sources. Not only that, but to go out and intentionally look for contrasting information, so that they can at the very least, see why something may or may not be true. However, this requires people to step out of a bubble, which seems to be difficult for most.

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

You want me to educate the OP who thinks people that don't like Breitbart are libtards? (His comment was removed by a mod) like I said, you clearly have more time and energy than I do.

I could make a slim jim joke regarding protein and energy and what not, but i've beaten that horse to death. This is probably the part where you and I shake hands and secretly pretend we won an argument on the internet against each other.

Just now, TheKDub said:

inb4 living or thinking differently from the majority becomes a "mental illness"...

Remember when being gay was considered a mental illness? I don't either, since I wasn't alive then, but it happened! My initial assumption is that this categorization is silly and should instead be listed under psychological addiction rather than having its own category. Maybe I could see it as an attempt to force people to recognize they have a problem, since a lot of people come up with excuses as to why they aren't addicted to something. "I can stop anytime I please!"

4 hours ago, LordWaffleGoblin said:

I knew my water addiction would do me in one day.

They say 100% of all people that have touched dihydrogen monoxide have been recorded dead.

Your resident osu! player, destroyer of keyboards.

Now, I hope everyone in this thread can reach a reasonable conclusion, and also learned something. We need to be discerning and reasonable in these tumultuous times, and it's easy to forget that those on the other "side" are still human. And I apologize if my comments upset anyone. I feel like I have to express myself in strange ways sometimes to open others to different perspectives and lines of thought, and I might come across as abrasive.

20 minutes ago, FPSwithaWacomTablet said:

They say 100% of all people that have touched dihydrogen monoxide have been recorded dead.

Do you actually play first person shooters with a Wacom tablet?