Intel Haswell Processor information

Bicko96

Hello Everybody Before you start reading i would just like to say that some of this is real and some is rumours

​Haswell is a code name for intels latest micro-architecture that is said to be in development Haswell is a predecessor of the well known and liked Ivy-Bridge architecture as of yet we do not know if the motherboards for Haswell will consist of 4 DDR3 dimm slots like socket 1155 or if it will consist of 8 DDR3 dimm slots like lga2011 although the likes of us seeing another motherboard layout like lga2011 seems very rare but we never know we might see it in Broadwell, Skylake or Skymont anyway lets get into some of the confirmed and expected features and design.

Design

• Consists of 22NM Process node like Ivy Bridge
  • Its expected in 3 versions
    1. Desktop Version:Haswell-DT (Socket 1150)
    2. Mobile/Laptop Version:Haswell-MB (PGA Socket)
    3. BGA Version:
    • 47W and 57W TDP classes:Haswell-H (For all-in-one systems)
    • 13.5W and 15W TDP classes:Haswell-ULT (For Ultrabook)
    • ​ 10W TDP class:Haswell-ULX (For Tablets and certain Ultrabooks​​​

​

Performance

(Compared to Ivy-Bridge)

• Twice the Vector processing performance
  • At least 10% sequential CPU performance increase
  • Up to double the performance of the integrated GPU (Maybe Gaming level built-in graphics....... haha yeah right)​

Technology

Carried over from Ivy-Bridge:
  • 22NM processing node
  • 3D Tri-Scale Transistors
  • a 14-Staged Pipeline
  • Mainstream up to quad core
  • Native support for dual channel DDR3
  • 64 kB (32 kB Instruction + 32 kB Data) L1 cache and 256 kB L2 cache per core
​
Confirmed new features:
  • Haswell New Instructions
  • New Socket-LGA1150
  • up to 32mb unified cache LLC
  • intel transactional synchronization extensions
  • Graphics support in hardware for Direct3D 11.1 and OpenGL 4.0
  • Variable base clock (like LGA2011)
  • Supervisor mode access prevention
​Expected New Features
  • Shrink PCH From 65NM TO 32NM
  • a new cache design
  • support for tunderbolt
  • new advanced power saving system
  • fully integrated voltage regulator
so looking at this we have alot to expect from this new architecture but at this point to me it wont be much of a difference for the average consumer its just a different name to the ordinary person i would hope that intels next lot of cpu' after haswell will be ground breaking but at this point only time will tell what is to be expected from intel
thanks for reading if any new info comes out i will be sure to post it on this thread also alot of this information came from wikipedia and other bits flying around the web

Anyone know if the thing produces less than the Ivybridge?
i think they come in around the same its a little disappointing to be honest

Up to double the performance of the integrated GPU (Maybe Gaming level built-in graphics....... haha yeah right)​

ROFL ROFL ROFL +1 .

How about overclocking?
Hopefully this round they don't cheap out and actually weld the CPU to the heatspreader like Sandy Bridge...

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

How about overclocking?
^ LOL @ Lyons!

So true... xD

~meOw! Σ:3

Looks good expect for the problems... knowing Intel i expect these problems to be solved fast

a little bit more on the haswell processors and ultrabooks there is also a mention of windows blue (and update of windows 8) have a read its from cnet so you can pretty much guarantee its ligit

Longer lasting Haswell ultrabooks are coming with Windows Blue.

Intel's upcoming Haswell chip will be tied to new technology coming with Windows Blue, according to a source close to Microsoft.

Haswell, due in June, is the next-generation intel processor that will power ultrabooks and a variety of hybrids that straddle tablet and laptop designs.

Intel's silicon-level Haswell technology will result in "the single largest generation-to-generation battery life improvement in Intel history," according to a recent statement from Intel CEO Paul Otellni.

But Windows Blue -- an update to windows 8 that is expected to deliver a variety of improvements beyond Haswell devices -- will contribute to the system's overall power efficiency too. Microsoft is building a "power model" that can adapt to a range of mobile computers with different "performance output," according to the source.

Basically that means Blue on mainstream Intel chips will be able to act more like a smartphone or tablet OS. That technology will come from both Microsoft and Intel, according to the source.

"You'll be able to buy an ultrabook that's as wickedly fast as you can imagine, faster than an Ivy Bridge PC. But with longer battery life," the source said. Ivy Bridge, Intel's current mainstream offering, will be superseded by Haswell."

"It will sleep longer [and] when you open the lid, your mail's going to already be in sync. So, you'll get the best of all of those worlds. And that's work that's coming in [Windows] Blue," the source said.

Some "flavors" of Haswell will come with an improved "standby" technology , which means essentially that when a device sleeps, it will stay connected to e-mail, social-networking sites, and the Internet in general, keeping the device up to date.

In this respect, Haswell will trump Ivy Bridge. In short, Haswell will get power-saving technology that's used in Intel's power-efficient -- though lower-performance -- "Clover Trail" Atom line of processors. The latter chips, which have a more advanced standby technology, typically power ultrathin "fanless" Windows 8 devices, like Lenovo's new ThinkPad tablet.

But Haswell will get closer to achieving the power efficiency of Intel's Atom processor while delivering the mainstream laptop performance that users demand on Windows.

Editor's note: as indicated in the story, Windows Blue is expected to offer improvements to a wide variety of devices. Not only Haswell chip-based devices. Haswell will be a major beneficiary, though, because it is expected to ship in tens of millions of PCs.

-From CNET It was Posted only 21 Hours ago

It all sounds good on the Mobile,Laptop,Ultrabook and Tablet side of things but im still not sold on the desktop processor it would be nice if intel would come out and give some more info on the desktop side of things and not just the Mobile end.

How about overclocking?
According to the Intel AMA done on Reddit, Haswell will be an "overclocker's dream". Don't know what that means, but probably good things.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

I feel like these processors are going to be a matter of "well they are the same price, and this one is just SLIGHTLY better, so i might as well get this one."

but it wont alienate Ivy Bridge by any means. Just wait for Ivy Bridge - E...those things are gonna fly

i think processors are really at there peak point now at the moment they cant get any better because the cooling just would not be practical so intel should stop trying to make a better processor and start to focus on stuff like more GHZ and Voltage less heat or even enthusiast level components at a lower price i think if intel focus on stuff like this they could really step up the game and deliver more performance we have the technology,man power and money to do it so why not go for it its possible if you dont think so how about this

it was $193,000 (yes thousand) per GB in 1980

now it is 7 cents per GB

what i am trying to say from this we have the power to change the technology but right now no one will man up and step up to the plate there is room for improvement