Too Many Meds

Dylanc1500

I was going through my prescriptions today and reordering them all for this month and realized I take 68 pills a day and take 14 inhaled meds. Man I feel like if I was raided by cops I'd be charged for distribution.

What meds do you all have to take, if at all?

I take vitamins :D 

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

I take vitamins :D 

Lol nothing wrong with that.

7 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

I was going through my prescriptions today and reordering them all for this month and realized I take 68 pills a day and take 14 inhaled meds. Man I feel like if I was raided by cops I'd be charged for distribution.

68!:o I have inhalers for asthma but i don't really need them anymore, i have vitamin and hayfever tablets but thats optional

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

4 minutes ago, Prokart2000 said:

68!:o I have inhalers for asthma but i don't really need them anymore, i have vitamin and hayfever tablets but thats optional

Ya... No big deal though. I just squint real hard and pretend they're skittles. Hey me too, however mine stems from Cystic Fibrosis. I'm glad to hear you don't really need your inhalers anymore. I'm assuming you don't really have asthma spells anymore?

4 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Ya... No big deal though. I just squint real hard and pretend they're skittles. Hey me too, however mine stems from Cystic Fibrosis. I'm glad to hear you don't really need your inhalers anymore. I'm assuming you don't really have asthma spells anymore?

I used to cough a lot in the night when i was younger if i remember but over the years it has progressively got better.

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

20 minutes ago, Prokart2000 said:

I used to cough a lot in the night when i was younger if i remember but over the years it has progressively got better.

That's Good. Coughing through the night makes for terrible sleep quality.

41 minutes ago, Julian2000nl said:

I take this thing called tea, without it I don't have any sort of happiness.

Hey I'm from southern oklahoma I understand needing tea. 

Just now, Dylanc1500 said:

Hey I'm from southern oklahoma I understand needing tea. 

I need tea too, I have to take meds to make me not so hyper, lots of vitamins too. Forgot what it's called tho xD I have a caffeine addiction, if I don't have caffine it gives me migraines 

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

2 hours ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Dude! That's a lot. I take 3 pills and two inhalers, but I am 58 years young.

Stay healthy!

20 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

YOU TAKE 68 PILLS ON A SINGLE DAY?!?!?!?!?!?!

Go big or go home! Lol

37 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

To be honest, they are probably trying to kill you rather than cure or maintain you xD.

Lol sometimes I wonder that myself. However I tried going without them and it makes me sick when I dont.

Just now, Dylanc1500 said:

-snip-

What kind of crazy deficiency could need 68 meds and 14 inhalations per day?!

Groomlake Authority

28 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

I need tea too, I have to take meds to make me not so hyper, lots of vitamins too. Forgot what it's called tho xD I have a caffeine addiction, if I don't have caffine it gives me migraines 

That is definitely a caffeine addiction. I completely understand  that I probably have too much myself, kind of a Mountain Dew hog.

5 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

What kind of crazy deficiency could need 68 meds and 14 inhalations per day?!

Cystic Fibrosis. It's not as bad as it sounds though.

24 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

-snip-

God... but the symptoms :/.

Infertility and premature death does sound bad enough. The pills control or prevent the 2nd at least right?

Are you really infertile though? Sounds terrible man :(.

Groomlake Authority

I logged in just to comment. I hope you are doing well on all those meds. and I hope in the future you hear of remedies that I hope can allow you to lean off some of those meds...

I hear all those pills arn't best for your liver, but i'm sure you hear people try to tell you stuff all the time.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you. How long have you taken those to that magnitude (if they progressively proscribed more over time).

I hope you have an expert of a doctor:/ I really really do....

Bless you in whatever form you believe in.

4 hours ago, Dylanc1500 said:

For a while I was taking escitalopram and xanax for anxiety, but they made me a zombie (of course I wasn't warned about the side effects) so I ended up stopping them. 

These days, 2 cups of coffee a day + vitamins + weed (which I stopped recently because it was becoming problematic).

I have a poor relationship with drugs, both recreational and medicinal so I try to avoid them as much as possible.

On another note, I hope you're doing well man, sounds pretty rough.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

1 hour ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Cystic Fibrosis. It's not as bad as it sounds though.

I hope you don't have Pseudomonas infection. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 hour ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

God... but the symptoms :/.

Infertility and premature death does sound bad enough. The pills control or prevent the 2nd at least right?

Are you really infertile though? Sounds terrible man :(.

Ya unfortunately I am. Life expectancy for people, as of current, is roughly 45. However, there is a med that recently came out that greatly helps with counteracting the faulty gene sequence ∆F508. It doesn't permanently fix it, it acts more as a duct tape lol. 

1 hour ago, ZackBarletto said:

I logged in just to comment. I hope you are doing well on all those meds. and I hope in the future you hear of remedies that I hope can allow you to lean off some of those meds...

I hear all those pills arn't best for your liver, but i'm sure you hear people try to tell you stuff all the time.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you. How long have you taken those to that magnitude (if they progressively proscribed more over time).

I hope you have an expert of a doctor:/ I really really do....

Bless you in whatever form you believe in.

There is actually a surprising amount of research going on for the relativity small amount of people that have it.

Im 23 to be honest. I have had meds increased since about age 13. My liver is checked pretty regularly, as are my kidneys, and so far so good.

luckily I have a team of doctors. Roughly 6 plus a dedicated nurse practitioner and social worker.

I appreciate it. With technology advancing as fast as it is I try to keep a positive outlook so kids or others with CF can try to not get so down about life expectancy and everything else.

I take some anti-inflammatory for my foot but that's temporary

Really pissed off though, it cost the NHS like £2 for a month of it and I paid £8

Fucking hate paying for prescriptions.

6 minutes ago, Mug said:

I take some anti-inflammatory for my foot but that's temporary

Really pissed off though, it cost the NHS like £2 for a month of it and I paid £8

Fucking hate paying for prescriptions.

Why didn't the NHS cover it? I'm not 100% familiar with the UK health system, so I do not know where prescription drugs fall, in terms of who pays for what.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)