MMOs worth getting into?

Jz1

Bit sick of the current games I play, barely touching anything on steam for the last 2-3 months besides ARK and I'm wanting to get back into an MMORPG.

Used to play WoW but quit in WoD didn't like the direction of the game and came back for legion when it launched but quit again just don't like the game looks like garbage.

I've looked at the current competitors and it seems you either play Final Fantasy reborn, Eso, Gw2 or BDO. Which one would you guys recommend playing, I've played Gw2 but never got into it.

I'd probably just play the one with the most players so does anyone know which MMORPG is played the most besides wow lol, thanks

Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G304 White Anne Pro 2 LG27UL500

Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC in Fractal Design Nano S

1 minute ago, Sabron said:

Bit sick of the current games I play, barely touching anything on steam for the last 2-3 months besides ARK and I'm wanting to get back into an MMORPG.

Used to play WoW but quit in WoD didn't like the direction of the game and came back for legion when it launched but quit again just don't like the game looks like garbage.

I've looked at the current competitors and it seems you either play Final Fantasy reborn, Eso, Gw2 or BDO. Which one would you guys recommend playing, I've played Gw2 but never got into it.

I'd probably just play the one with the most players so does anyone know which MMORPG is played the most besides wow lol, thanks

I'm pretty sure ESO has a new Morrowind expansion coming out next week.  If you're a fan of ES games, that would be the first thing I'd try.  Lots of Morrowind fans coming back, I imagine.

I've played ESO and FFIV. It really depends if you want the generic cookie cutter classes of most mmo's where you get your skills setup then go: 1,2,3,4 attack 1,2,3,4 until it's execution phase.... FF would be for you.

ESO is obviously based on the lore of the elder scrolls series which I am also biased to. But the voice acting is amazing, whenever I'm solo I just go questing for fun, and it's rare to have a game where it's actually "fun" to do quests... The multiplayer experience is also great, and I prefer it much more over FF. There's an optional subscription in ESO whereas in FF you have to pay the fee to play.

Honestly though trying them out yourself will give you your own best answer, I have just been sucked into ESO over the past 6 months.

3 minutes ago, Ctown0812 said:

I'm pretty sure ESO has a new Morrowind expansion coming out next week.  If you're a fan of ES games, that would be the first thing I'd try.  Lots of Morrowind fans coming back, I imagine.

6/6/17

1 minute ago, Teddy07 said:

Not worth cause it is just a huge waste of time.

Not everyone has to play 24/7 to enjoy a game.

I play some Final Fantasy XIV and even if I don't have any MMORPG to compare I think it's a really good game. Great community, a lot of gameplay variation between classes for everyone's taste, quite good story (but long to take off). The second expansion (Stormblood) is coming in July but there is big content added every two or three months. Bonus point for the ability to change class whenever you want (out of combat) with a single character, so you don't have to create multiple characters.

$12/month

[Insert smart comment here]

3 minutes ago, NinJake said:

6/6/17

I actually meant to say next month, but i was still wrong.....reading is hard, lol

FFXIV is a great MMO with a crap-ton of content to do and it isn't an MMO where it feels like PVP is the end game (or at the very least, a huge deal). The only hurdle is that it's $12/mo if you do a basic account, or up to $15/mo for the standard (the only difference is with basic you're limited to one character per server and you can only have eight total).

Square Enix recently lifted the 14-day trial, so you can play for free as long as you want, with restrictions (like a level cap of 35, for one)

When I read your title I was going to say that I just started playing WOW again and I am enjoying it. It has been a while so the "upgraded" graphics look fairly decent to me. I am just playing the WOD expansion right now, but I am liking it.

Oh well, thats the only one I have ever played besides Everquest back in the day, so this post is fairly useless

48 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

FFXIV is a great MMO with a crap-ton of content to do and it isn't an MMO where it feels like PVP is the end game (or at the very least, a huge deal). The only hurdle is that it's $12/mo if you do a basic account, or up to $15/mo for the standard (the only difference is with basic you're limited to one character per server and you can only have eight total).

Square Enix recently lifted the 14-day trial, so you can play for free as long as you want, with restrictions (like a level cap of 35, for one)

level 35 is pretty nice though, it gives you access to ~60% of the world maps and to the first "technical" dungeons, and you even have a glimpse of the improved real class from 30 to 35.

$15 for the standard is kinda useless IMO because why would you do multiple characters when you can play all the classes in one? 

[Insert smart comment here]

Oldschool Runescape is pretty fun, but it's the game that defined grind. Careful getting in there, as it's hard to escape.

7 minutes ago, jldjul said:

level 35 is pretty nice though, it gives you access to ~60% of the world maps and to the first "technical" dungeons, and you even have a glimpse of the improved real class from 30 to 35.

$15 for the standard is kinda useless IMO because why would you do multiple characters when you can play all the classes in one? 

Pack mules.  Apparently people have maxed out their retainers and still manage to run out of space.

Also you can pay for 90 days at $12/mo for a standard account.

They used to be back in the golden day with Tibia, Ragnarok, MU, runescape, pick one... they were actually decent looking games, fun to play, had large decent communities, they were good options but nowadays I really can only see those as time wasters, especially with less time available and better gaming options available.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I just got back into Vanillia wow and really enjoying it, But I wasn't someone who played hard hours and seen it all, so some is still fresh and new. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Been trying to find a new decent MMO now for well over a year. Ive played all the major MMO's over the last 10 years or so. Thought Revelation Online would be good but its just like all the other korean MMO to date. Im still looking and i have to resort for now to playing single player games. 

Any suggestions on a new upcomming MMO which LOOK good would be welcome.

I've been playing ESO since the beta and I must say the game has managed to overcome almost all its shortcomings. It is a great MMO, and I am pretty sure it has surpassed WOW in numbers for quite some time now. The game is huge, diverse, rich with stories and easy to get into. Also, on June 6th the Morrowind expansion will launch which will bring a new raid, an entire new area and PVP battlegrounds.

The game is set to last, and not that expensive at the moment. I'd give it a try if I were you.

I can't do MMOs sank thousands of hours into GW, but just don't have the time anymore. I did try ESO and BDO on PC and FFarr on PS4 but just couldn't get into them.

Spent the most time in ESO but the one that intrigued me the most was BDO, I'd have probably got into that back in the day when I had more hours to play. Just seems the freshest of the 3 but it's business model stinks a bit.

5950 - 3090 - 32gb - Aorus FV43U - Steam Deck - Fuji xPro 3 - Olympus OM1 n

2 hours ago, SpriteNo5 said:

I can't do MMOs sank thousands of hours into GW, but just don't have the time anymore. I did try ESO and BDO on PC and FFarr on PS4 but just couldn't get into them.

Spent the most time in ESO but the one that intrigued me the most was BDO, I'd have probably got into that back in the day when I had more hours to play. Just seems the freshest of the 3 but it's business model stinks a bit.

I did that with WOW spent 5 years playing it everyday for between 2 to 12 hours per day. It sucked out my social life. But i really enjoyed it. Had a good clan. Used Teamspeak. Raided with other people. The Teamspeak channel would be full lol. The good old days. Had no crying kids. All adults. 

Ashes Of Creation. Best looking MMO ive seen so far in the last few years, its in pre-aplha stage. Goto youtube and uplook the game with the word NODES in the title. It will explain how the game works and i must say its looks pretty good tbh. I only found this game by accident a few days ago and its the only MMO im looking forward to trying ATM.

Oh yes its not F2P or P2W it will be Pay Per Month which for myself is great no CASH SHOPS or any of the crap in it. 

Another thing it will be a western style MMO which is even better. 

I think its going to get even more popular when more and more people come across this game. Not alot of people no about it. Like i said i came across it by accident.