Linus Found on Aliexpress

linesma

Living in Thailand, one of the best places to shop for non-electronics online is Aliexpress. While perusing their site, I ran across the GPD WIN Game Laptop. The listing is from the GPD factory store and Linus' review of it features prominently. It is interesting to see how they have used his video review in their advertising. Here is a link to the listing: GPD-WIN-Gamepad-Laptop-NoteBook

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche

3 minutes ago, linesma said:

Living in Thailand, one of the best places to shop for non-electronics online is Aliexpress. While perusing their site, I ran across the GPD WIN Game Laptop. The listing is from the GPD factory store and Linus' review of it features prominently. It is interesting to see how they have used his video review in their advertising. Here is a link to the listing: GPD-WIN-Gamepad-Laptop-NoteBook

That's brilliant. So rather than the expense of shooting pictures of your own product, you take a review of it, screenshot bits, and use those as marketing material, and in doing so leverage the name of a big name reviewer. I've got to wonder if they were considerate enough to ask Linus Media Group about using the footage, or if they just went "Well we operate out of Hong Kong so any copyright claims they make can't touch us anyways."

5 minutes ago, Sniperfox47 said:

That's brilliant. So rather than the expense of shooting pictures of your own product, you take a review of it, screenshot bits, and use those as marketing material, and in doing so leverage the name of a big name reviewer. I've got to wonder if they were considerate enough to ask Linus Media Group about using the footage, or if they just went "Well we operate out of Hong Kong so any copyright claims they make can't touch us anyways."

Probably not. If you read what they wrote, it really does not match up with his review. As far as the copyright goes, I honestly think that is the case. I do not know how many Folexes and the like I see here on a daily basis. I thought it was interesting to see and that they might be interested in it.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Side note I love how they show League Of Legends circumposed on the screen, but it cant play that game. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Side note I love how they show League Of Legends circumposed on the screen, but it cant play that game. 

I did a double take when I saw that myself. The list of games that it can "play" is also misleading.