iFixit kit heads up

So i just went and bought an iFixit pro kit, and wanted to let people and LMG know so they can talk to iFixit. It was cheaper and better shipping for me to go buy the kit off amazon with Prime shipping, than to go through ifixit's website and buy it with a promo code that LMG gets as a sponsor. Doesn't bother me (used the LMG amazon link to buy it) but i thought i would give people a heads up and maybe LMG too so they can tell iFixit (cause i'm sure they would much prefer it if people bought them off their site and not amazon)

@Slick @nicklmg @LinusTech @CPotter Tagging the LMG crew for visibility. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

ah thank you, will remember that you can do that for the future.

Thanks for letting us know!

I'll bring this up with our contact. I know they're working on better shipping options, both through their website as well as Amazon. However, there's definitely still some issues with the way they've got things setup currently.

Honestly, if i were them, i would make the price a bit lower on their site, or give your codes like $5-15 off instead of the percent depending on the item, or something. I know it still supporting them from amazon, just not as much as their own site. And i dont know what you guys get from Amazon vs ifixit

1 minute ago, Viridian Dawn said:

Honestly, if i were them, i would make the price a bit lower on their site, or give your codes like $5-15 off instead of the percent depending on the item, or something. I know it still supporting them from amazon, just not as much as their own site. And i dont know what you guys get from Amazon vs ifixit

Is that because of savings on shipping, or is the actual product cheaper on Amazon?

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

yeah I find this to be true with a lot of different companies like logitech and I really don't understand why

12 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

Is that because of savings on shipping, or is the actual product cheaper on Amazon?

Mostly saving on shipping, the price was the same (though it showed on amazon as being marked down $10) but you had to pay for both tax and shipping on iFixit's site, and the LTT code barely covered the tax.