Which motherboard should I get for an 1800x?

Which board?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which Motherboard?

• Asus crosshair 6 hero
    • MSI x370 gaming pro carbon
    • Something else

I got an 1800x recently, but have had to wait for motherboards to be in stock. Currently I am likely to get the MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, but I was going to get the ASUS Crosshair 6 Hero. I didn't get the crosshair 6 because of the back-order  and BIOS issues, but I'm guessing that it'll be fixed soon. Fry's estimates it to be able to ship on April 6th. Should I just stick to the MSI board, switch to the ASUS board, or get something else?

Thanks.

They both look great, is the ASUS rgb and do you care?

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

7 minutes ago, Damascus said:

They both look great, is the ASUS rgb and do you care?

I'm pretty sure both have RGB, but I don't really care. I care more about performance, and I'm not sure if either really has an edge over the other. On one hand, the ASUS has 12 USB ports, while the MSI has an M.2 heatsink.

1 minute ago, The_Warrior1 said:

I'm pretty sure both have RGB, but I don't really care. I care more about performance, and I'm not sure if either really has an edge over the other. On one hand, the ASUS has 12 USB ports, while the MSI has an M.2 heatsink.

i would just go with the msi board because it is a more reasonable price. 

1 hour ago, The_Warrior1 said:

On one hand, the ASUS has 12 USB ports, while the MSI has an M.2 heatsink.

M.2 heatsinks have been shown to be useless /counter productive. In the other hand, Asus is having a terrible start with Ryzen, although they seem to be just catching up with others manufactures (notably ASRock and Gigabyte) in terms of BIOS and stability (I recommend watching and comparing jayztwocents' videos with those of Level1techs in terms of IC stability, getting fat RAM to work, etc). 

Not much to say on the MSI, as I haven't seen experiences with it yet (Level1techs had problems running Linux with a B350 from MSI, but that may be irrelevant here). 

If I had to (or should I say if I could :P) buy an x370 today, I'd go for the Aorus or, most likely, the Taichi. 

But BIOS updates are free, so maybe it's not bad to get the others if you have faith in them ironing find out soon.