Add an internal bluetooth adapter to a laptop?

I have an odd question.  I put together a specification for a laptop online to get for work.  I configured it online with everything I wanted.  I included bluetooth.  When I gave this to our IT guy he ran it through our corporate account and attempted to just transpose it to corporate order.  I guess they could not just move one order from what I had held into our corporate account. 

Anyway lost in translation was I ordered my laptop without built in bluetooth.  That really kind of stinks.  It is a Dell Precision 7510.  It is a good machine otherwise and am happy with it.  What I am hoping is that there is someway here to add a bluetooth adapter some how internally.  I don't really know much about bluetooth and how it works.  My wonder if there is some type of available slot I can put something in to make it work, but not sure.

Anyone have any thoughts of what I could do?

Thanks,

Matt

If you are lucky, the bluetooth adapter was just plugged into an internal USB header.

If this is the case, you can just buy one yourself, slot it in, and you're good to go

Open up the laptop, and look for a empty USB header on the inside

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

Just now, TacticlTwinkie said:

that card won't work because all wireless cards are M.2 now, something like an intel 8260 would work and they are super cheap.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

I put the 8260 in my Dell Inspiron 7559 and it kicks ass

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

Awesome thanks for the help.  I am going to order a 8260 on amazon now and will update in a couple of days. 

I had a hunch it would be something somewhat simple, but wasn't sure.

Thanks you

Matt